Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Mega-Primus defense (X-COM Apocalypse LP)  (Read 10249 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Mega-Primus defense (X-COM Apocalypse LP)
« on: August 24, 2010, 11:44:57 am »

alright people its time to go into the future where mankind is defending his last foothold of the ravaged earth. i will be using the collector's edition (hopefully it will work on my dos laptop). UGE game editor will be used for editing characters, how will this go along i dunno but im looking at the first 8 knuckleheads to post gets edited. i will be doing this on normal difficulty on REAL TIME why? because i shouldn't have to tell you to shoot the damn thing running at you.

posting char bio
-------------------

name: don't make it dumb

stats: pros and cons of character

preferred equipment: whatever you want, will only be a factor for when you show up

preferred ride: take the car or jet or feel like walking

species: human, mutant, android

bios: why not give yourself a awesome story, they do it for JA2, besides you are less likely to die(cept from brainsuckers but again you should have at least beamed it).

countdown to apocalypse: 2 weeks depending on response

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mega-Primus defense (X-COM Apocalypse LP)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 12:12:01 pm »

Real-time is a lot easier for me, I never run into situations like "OMFG Brainsucker! No more points, can't act, DIED!".

Name: Akura
Stats: Decent health, good reactions, lower accuracy, relatively low stamina, roll the dice on bravery and strength.
Equipment: I do like those explosives, and those incendiary grenades. Otherwise, just gimme a standard issue, at least until you can get Toxiguns.
Ride: Motorcycles, either flying or road-based. I don't mind sitting in a tank or APC with the rest of the troops, of course.
Species: Human.
Bio: I'll have to think on this. Gimme a bit.

EDIT: Bio: Akura came from a lower-class family, working his way along as a low-paid technician for a Sensovision station. He has only heard stories about the Alien Wars, but shortly before the recent Alien incident, his family joined the Cult of Sirius, who worshipped the aliens as gods. Akura refused to go along with them, but they took his then-girlfriend (allegedly) by force, brainwashing her into one of their members. Left completely alone, and with the seeds of hatred toward the aliens sown, Akura began hanging out with the local Diablo gang. During his time with the Diablos, he learned a great deal about chemicals and explosive materials, as the Diablo gang manufactured and sold a military-grade incediary weapon on the open market. This knowledge of explosives, combined with the electronics skills he gained from his job at Sensovision, gave him an edge when it came to demolitions. When he heard about the new alien invasion, and that X-Com was recruiting, and that Sirius was rising to oppose X-Com, he set off to join them and get revenge on both the aliens and the Cult.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 03:29:16 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 12:46:00 pm »

Name: Svavar
Stats: Strong and tough and brave, but dumb and inaccurate.
Equipment: Autocannon with high explosives or incendiary.
Preferred Ride: I'd have to say the Valkyrie, unless you have a freaking tank.
Species: Human
Bio: In this corporate world, there's nowhere for an orphaned kid to go but the streets. People like Svavar are useful to a gang, but eventually he was used as a fall man for a heist gone very wrong. He joined X-COM because the alternative was the death penalty, which is kind of silly because at least with the death penalty he'd get to enjoy himself a little before dying. But as I said, he's dumb.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 12:56:12 pm »

Name: BOX_BOT
STATS: OPTIMAL FOR DESTROYING ALIEN SKUM(Do what you think is best.)
EQUIPMENT: MELEE WITH GRENADES IF NEEDED
RIDE: NOT NEEDED I HAVE JETS (Valkyrie until there is something faster.)
SPECIES: ANDROID
BIO: Attached by a note: 'Box bot was found in gunnerkrigg court after a freak accident of a *Blood splatters this name out* and her mechanical friend. We have added a "Dont kill humans swich" that should keep you safe, unless you damage him. Other than that heohgodhescomingformepleasehelphegotme.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 01:18:53 pm »

Name: Miles
Stats: Top accuracy, decent reactions
Equipment: Long-range weapons, sniper rifles and the like.
Preferred Ride: Hoverbike or Valkyrie, but any vehicle is fine.
Bio: Yes.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 02:16:53 pm »

Name: Scary Harry
Stats: Lots of strength, to chop things apart better and carry more grenades.
Equipment: Katanaaaaaa! Also, high explosives/grenades.
Preferred Ride: A motorcycle of some kind, but I don't mind using any old vehicle.
Species: Android (Human if you can't get An android)
Biological: Nope. Robological.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 03:12:29 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 02:50:18 pm »

Name: Johnston
Stats: High strength, high bravery, low-mid accuracy, mid speed, mid psi-defense
Preferred equipment: Dual autocannons, primarily with HE rounds. AP may be used in tight corridors when near friendlies. Prefer auto-fire or snapshot, as ammunition supplies allow. Carry a high-explosive device and a few stun grenades.
Preferred ride: Hoverbike. Switch to a powerful end-game vehicle when possible.

Bio: Johnston is fairly old military infantryman, in his late 60s. He rapidly rose in ranks, narrowly avoided serving in the Second Alien War, and only then because of the successful final attack on the alien city. He never knew this, of course. He served in the Argentinian Conflict of 2046 as part of a demolitions team, but saw little action aside from that. He served several years guarding Mars' precious E-115 cache, but that job was made obsolete shortly after the Frontier wars, and Marsec fired him. He was unable to pass the flight tests to help there, much to his annoyance. Since then, he has served a few years with the police, mostly training rookies for combat situations, and then "wasted his time" on semi-retirement. With the recent alien sightings, he has used his contacts to finally get a fighting position against the aliens. A few implants and a heavy exercise routine keep him physically fit, but his accuracy has dwindled due to lack of practice. He is also skilled at training people for combat, and at cooking. His oatmeal cookies are the best.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 02:54:59 pm by Nirur Torir »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 03:34:28 pm »

alright status report.

current roster
---------------------
1. Johnston - old veteran of the second wars

2. Scary Harry - this robot is nuts but good use against those damn cultists

3. Miles - young man looking for some work

4. BOX_BOT - another crazy robot, does the government hates me?

5. Svarar - convict looking for alternative to death penalty

6.Akura - no bio yet

ironically the two androids requested melee weapons and grenades, their history suggests that equipping them with any explosives would be considered harmful to their counterparts. for that reason they will be equipped with Stun grapples and AP grenades until the power swords are back on the market and future studies on their tactics.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 03:59:34 pm »

Name: Hugehead
Stats: Whatever is good with rocket launchers
Preferred equipment: See above
Preffered ride: Whatever has the most guns.
Race: ROBOT!

Bio: Crazy gunnut who kills everything but his teammates and even then...
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 04:33:39 pm »

ok enough with the pyro robots, the damn game takes it seriously for building destruction, blowing a hole into a apt cost me 100k which i won't pay because i need that for the good of Mega Prime.

*edit* my only use for you guys would be for Sirius cult raids.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 04:40:39 pm by bloodsheder »

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 04:44:50 pm »

Fine, gimme a pistol and motion sensor, and stats what work well with that.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 04:59:33 pm »

Johnston didn't participate in the events of previous alien wars. Switching him to AP ammo in buildings with lots of easily destroyed objects works.

Edit: Veteran of TFTD works well though, now that I think about it. He was probably a squad leader for one of the secondary bases that got setup later in the war, from which he participated in several sub recoveries and two terror missions before the war was over.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 05:13:05 pm by Nirur Torir »

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 06:21:27 pm »

this will be interesting. i don't think i will put in a character though, i really dont know much anything about apocalypse and I still have my own LP to work on which i should be doing right now
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 07:13:22 pm »

6.Akura - no bio yet

You didn't notice the edit? I'm a demo/pyromaniac out for xenocidal revenge.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 10:33:07 am »

this will be interesting. i don't think i will put in a character though, i really dont know much anything about apocalypse and I still have my own LP to work on which i should be doing right now
oh its really simple like instead of these bastards:

you get these little bastards:

and instead of this:

you get this:

(suppose to be two stories high.....oh wait wrong one).

this the two story bastard which is real easy to kill as long he is not beating down your building:

in other news, apoc works on my dos laptop.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 10:44:14 am by bloodsheder »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5