Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Mega-Primus defense (X-COM Apocalypse LP)  (Read 10242 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mega-Primus defense (X-COM Apocalypse LP)
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2010, 12:00:19 am »

Just a note, inaccuracy means inaccurate in anything ranged.  That includes grenades...  Its safer giving us melee guys a pea-shooter to not hurt anyone... if you insist on giving us a sidearm...  or at least non-lethal...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2010, 02:13:10 am »

Doesn't X-Com Apoc divide up firing accuracy and throwing accuracy?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2010, 02:43:30 am »

Also, that flag clearly shows an alien from the previous game holding hands with humans, not a Apoc alien.

wrong its a mutant i never seen a green sectoid anyway.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2010, 02:50:25 am »

I'll take a Laser Sniper Rifle too, since I'm supposed to be, you know, an actual sniper.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2010, 08:15:08 am »

I don't mind grabbing a machine gun and doing basic grunt work. I'd still like to have an explosive device or proximity mine on hand though. Diablo Incendiary grenades are cheaper than AP grenades, and get more total damage out of them.
Spoiler: We should be (click to show/hide)

Under no circumstance should any of us go in without a full Megapol Armor set. Don't bother with the Marsec Armor, they're more expensive, and provide less protection(albeit it's lighter). Only the torso is significant, because of the flight ability, but that only turns you into an airborne target later on.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2010, 09:08:28 am »

give me a heavy weapon then
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2010, 09:08:56 am »

When do we start?
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2010, 10:20:42 am »

I'll take a machinegun or whatever.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2010, 10:35:32 am »

I don't mind grabbing a machine gun and doing basic grunt work. I'd still like to have an explosive device or proximity mine on hand though. Diablo Incendiary grenades are cheaper than AP grenades, and get more total damage out of them.
Spoiler: We should be (click to show/hide)

Under no circumstance should any of us go in without a full Megapol Armor set. Don't bother with the Marsec Armor, they're more expensive, and provide less protection(albeit it's lighter). Only the torso is significant, because of the flight ability, but that only turns you into an airborne target later on.
yea i know how this is gonna go, actually i should start researching the toxigas first. i needed to pull people away from the explosive crap especially with head crabs rush.

When do we start?
well thanks to the responses i expect to go live next week.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2010, 11:39:50 am »

yea i know how this is gonna go, actually i should start researching the toxigas first. i needed to pull people away from the explosive crap especially with head crabs rush.
You can't really expect better when explosions(and fire) are fun to play with in Apoc...  Plus, the demographic..
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2010, 11:43:01 am »

Explosives and firenades aren't as damaging to us as you think. Then again, unless it's an emergency, I never drop a grenade on myself, except stun grenades(the gas tastes like blueberries! :D), and even then...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2010, 03:59:52 pm »

Explosives and firenades aren't as damaging to us as you think. Then again, unless it's an emergency, I never drop a grenade on myself, except stun grenades(the gas tastes like blueberries! :D), and even then...
don't care im saving the pyro stuff for the sirius raids.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2010, 04:30:19 pm »

don't care im saving the pyro stuff for the sirius raids.
Watching crazed cultilsts running about on fire? My character likes :D.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2010, 01:52:50 am »

Actually, mutants usually have abysimal strength, so they greatly benefit from the lighter Marsec armor when available.  Otherwise, mutants won't have enough TU to keep up with the rest of the team, as heavy equipment relative to strength decreases TU.  But I totally agree that everyone needs full armor, no matter how heavy it might be.

Also, that flag clearly shows an alien from the previous game holding hands with humans, not a Apoc alien.

wrong its a mutant i never seen a green sectoid anyway.

My mistake, it has been a while since I have seen the mutant alliance flag.  Sorry about that.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2010, 08:18:39 am »

Actually, mutants usually have abysimal strength, so they greatly benefit from the lighter Marsec armor when available.  Otherwise, mutants won't have enough TU to keep up with the rest of the team, as heavy equipment relative to strength decreases TU.  But I totally agree that everyone needs full armor, no matter how heavy it might be.
We're playing Real-Time mode. I've never had any significant problems with heavy-armored mutants keeping up with the rest of the squad in RT mode.
And in any case, I usually hack the savefiles and give everyone teleporters anyway. *cough*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5