Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Today (Saturday) or just next week?

I want to play today, or I'm willing to skip an episode.
- 11 (57.9%)
I'm not willing to skip an episode.
- 8 (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: Survivors [D&D 3.5]  (Read 18216 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: Survivors [D&D 3.5]
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2010, 11:35:53 pm »

Google it.

But gametable is a program that allows people to play games like D&D over the internet.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2010, 11:50:20 pm »

Hm, not as bad as i expected, but a bit harder to acclompish... with schools coming back and stuff, i'll only be free all week for another 3 or 4 weeks. After that, i can't tell what good days i have, other than the friday and the weekend that follows. also noting that the chances are i won't be able to play during the night, though seeing how i'm in eastern time USA it might be easier than i think.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2010, 11:55:29 pm »

There is a computer program called gametable, it displays various sprites on a grid that people can move around and will roll dice and transmit text between participants. Everyone logs into this program simultaneously and proceed to engage in various game related banter while moving little pictures around on larger pictures while rolling imaginary dice.

In short, you need to find(this is probably not the worst of places to start) and run the program. Then connect to a server at the same time as the rest of the players do.

It is often advisable to make allowances for some of the participants to miss some of the sessions...

P.S.
 I was thinking that my character fantasises about being a knight and saved up their cash to purchase a lance and practised with it whenever they had any spare time. Sorry, about not writing up a backstory, but I still have a day or so and am hoping that I get some inspiration...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2010, 12:00:55 am »

now to find a way to claim a computer in this house instead of using this damn wii.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2010, 04:09:17 am »

ROFLMAO!!!

that's funny, because before I got my laptop thats what I had to do all the time, it suks...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2010, 04:12:03 am »

Gametable is a lot like Maptool, if you've heard of it (except that Maptool's interface got on my nerves a little).  Definitely go to the gametable linked in the first and above post - the corporate Game Table is something different.

Well, how does 9pm GMT (aka 4PM EST) on Friday sound?  Can go to 10, of course.  This is assuming we can all make a 3/4 hour session?

Also, since we do have six players I'm perfectly willing to let people sit episodes out - for one thing it'll make my job a hell of a lot easier.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2010, 04:22:35 am »

Sounds goo,d thats perfect timing for me.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2010, 05:12:05 am »

That timing is good, give me a bit of time after getting home to set up
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2010, 05:23:35 am »

Might be late, and might have two games at once, but it should be doable.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2010, 07:26:28 am »

So what friday are we starting on?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2010, 08:46:01 am »

From what i read, this coming one, can't be assed finding it but im pretty sure Iituem said this week, somewhere in the OP
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2010, 08:49:42 am »

This coming one.  9PM GMT start, then.  Gives us all enough time to finalise our backgrounds, equipment and skills.

Edit:  Iceball, your race has a level adjustment of +1 because of its racial advantages.  You will gain XP much slower than everyone else until they're all level 2 as well.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 09:37:58 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2010, 09:06:35 am »

updated my character post, hopfully it's good...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2010, 09:49:51 am »

Iceball, I'm sorry.  I didn't check the Lizardman stats properly.  This race wouldn't really be available until level 3 because of all the racial advantages it has.

On the other hand, why let pre-determined race stats get in the way?

Lizardkin

A breed of more slender lizardfolk, these reptilian beings aren't as tough or as powerful as their larger brothers but they have the advantage of being more adaptable.

+2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence
Medium Size
A Lizardkin's base speed is 30ft.
+1 Natural Armour bonus
Natural Weapons: 2 claws (1d4) and bite (1d4).
Special Qualities (see below): Hold breath.
Racial Skills:  Lizardkin gain a +2 bonus to Balance, Jump and Swim.
Racial Feats: A lizardkin character gains feats according to its character class.
Favoured Class: Ranger
LA +0

Hold Breath - Lizardkin can hold their breath for a number of rounds equal to four times their Constitution score before drowning.

I'll amend your character sheet accordingly, Iceball - should be about balanced enough to work.

Commoner Class Page if you want it - you have 12 points to spend on skills.  Also, it may or may not be suited for your characters to have at least one point in a Craft or Profession skill in the future.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 09:53:01 am by Iituem »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2010, 10:21:32 am »

Equpment: Steel Battle Ax (d7+3; -2hit)
               Steel Shoulder Plates

Skills: Cleave (2d7+6; -5hit)
        Hash & Bash (d3+2; multiple targets)

I think we're using different armour + weapon stats.  For 3.5 Ed, try the d20 SRD.  Battle axe is fine, shoulder plates I've taken as the equivalent of Cloth armour until you have something more covering.

I think we're using different skills, too.  Check the SRD for skills and feats.  You have 8 points to distribute on account of your low Int.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23