Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 193

Author Topic: Godhood III OOC Thread  (Read 108032 times)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III OOC Thread
« Reply #2670 on: February 20, 2011, 03:16:44 pm »

Just try to keep it serious, alright? >_>

Oh yes, as always. I think i came up with a rather nifty idea.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: February 20, 2011, 03:30:55 pm »

what the god of stick-assness?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2672 on: February 20, 2011, 03:33:16 pm »

I was thinking of becoming something like "The Ophidian" goddess of snakes and venom. Patron of medusae and naga.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: February 20, 2011, 03:40:10 pm »

Really ?

My god will be the god of

FIRE !!!! this time

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: February 20, 2011, 03:48:24 pm »

And i have several concepts in my mind:

-A manipulator who plans complex shemes but never finishes them. He makes a plan, a move, gets bored and starts something new, leaving those that followed him in the rain and alone.

-A God who doesn`t create anything (Or only rarely something) but only twists the creations of other gods.

-A God of deals who grants power to mortals in exchange for their souls/service.

-A God of sloth, whose purpose is to make sure that mortals and gods alike don`t fullfill their full potential.

-A God of Atheism and contradictions. Another take on my concept from godhood II, but this time i woulnd`t enburden myself with a stupid atheistic race.  ::)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2675 on: February 20, 2011, 03:51:21 pm »

My other concept is a bit more esoteric, not a creative deity at all nor one who would be interested (mostly) in inter-deity politics and events. I may go with that instead.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: February 20, 2011, 03:59:20 pm »

-A God of Atheism and contradictions. Another take on my concept from godhood II, but this time i woulnd`t enburden myself with a stupid atheistic race.  ::)
Isn't one of the Chaos gods that?
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: February 20, 2011, 04:04:24 pm »

I was inspired by him, yes, but i modified the concept somewhat. In Godhood II he was also a god of contradictions; For example his palace was a place that coulnd`t be found by searching for it, where left was right, black was white etc.

Then i somewhat stumbled over my own feet when i tried to manipulate a race of strong atheists i created myself..  ::)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I kinda miss him..
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 04:10:37 pm by Lordinquisitor »

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: February 20, 2011, 04:23:21 pm »

If we would start a new game i'm gonna be the god/goddess of madness, one that is really mad him/herself, not only makes others mad, and of course, he/she needs to be mutated AND deformed in every possible way.  :P
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 05:40:31 pm by Atilliano »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: February 20, 2011, 04:35:41 pm »

If we would start a new game i'm gonna be the god/goddes of madness, one that is really mad him/herself, not only makes others mad, and of course, he/she needs to be mutated AND deformed in every possible way.  :P

Spoiler: Not for small children (click to show/hide)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: February 20, 2011, 04:45:33 pm »

Hmm... I don't know what i'll be this time around. Might do magic again, it was fun.

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: February 20, 2011, 05:37:41 pm »

If we would start a new game i'm gonna be the god/goddes of madness, one that is really mad him/herself, not only makes others mad, and of course, he/she needs to be mutated AND deformed in every possible way.  :P

Hehehe... :P

Edit: My god/goddess will also be female and male at the same time!! :P
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 05:41:05 pm by Atilliano »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: February 20, 2011, 06:02:36 pm »

Hehehe... :P

Edit: My god/goddess will also be female and male at the same time!! :P

I have nothing to say but

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: February 21, 2011, 03:15:47 am »

Hey Digital what happened to your forum game it die ?

Not really. The game crashed on me and I haven't touched it since. I'll get back to it soon-ish.

I think we should pick a mortal/demigod and screw him up so much he goes on a murderous rampage and kills all us gods... wait, no, I've been playing too much God of War.

EDIT: I'll most likely be the god of the sun/light now, already have a few ideas for Acts.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 03:22:50 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: February 21, 2011, 06:20:04 am »

Currently there are sixteen players, out of the original twenty-three, who have shown interest in playing the game (sometimes under conditions).

My goal is to limit the player base, at least for now, to ten players, a manageable amount. I do not want to simply throw out players. Instead, I have decided to, as many of you suggested; start a Godhood IV.

I will select players based on a contest.

It might seem a bit strange, or arrogant, for me to do so, but I think that a contest would be the best means to solve the problem of the simply unmanageable player base.

Contest Rules

All those participating in this contest are required to write a short piece of fiction, in the spirit of Godhood. This can range from the size of the turn posts to smaller posts, as long as you feel it shows exactly how well of a player you are.

I will mainly look at three factors when reading these pieces:
- Grammar (Punctuation, capitalization, basic rules like when to use "it's" and "its")
- Writing Style (Pace, portrayal of content, use of words.)
- Content (Do things make sense? Are you portraying something ridiculous.)

What these three mean to you are to be made up by yourself; They are subjective.
Up to Saturday, the 26th of February, you can send me either a PM stating you would rather not participate, or a PM containing your application 'post'. In the course of that time you can ask me for clarification, or, if the majority of you would rather move that deadline, tell me just that.

I will read all applications on Sunday, and use these pieces to evaluate you all on your writing abilities, hopefully allowing me to find the ten Godhood players that will keep the new story as intriguing and enjoyable as possible.

Sincerely,

Caesar
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 06:29:47 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 193