Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 193

Author Topic: Godhood III OOC Thread  (Read 108335 times)

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
  • Goddess of Earth, Awakener of the Primordial
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III OOC Thread
« Reply #2205 on: December 04, 2010, 06:49:18 am »

Glad to finally see a discussion in heaven! :P Phera are you intending to come off so arogant and aloof? If only Neshara was born yet, she'd put her in her place! It's an interesting discussion, idea's of good vs evil, chaos vs order, free will vs servitude, sheltering mortals vs letting them figure it out themselves. However these will not get resolved any time soon, without decisive action in the world there will always be both sides of those arguments in equal measure. I know the point of this game is to be self-indulgent with writing up this world but try not to lose focus that it's also a game and it needs to move on. There are people waiting to post, who will no doubt make the game even richer and whilst I'm enjoying reading the posts (and can be patient a litle longer) this conversation can potentially go on forever without conclusion. The gods work in their own time, a decision doesn't have to be made right now before the world moves on. Discuss the pertinent points and let the gods ruminate over them. The quicker things are forced the worse this escalation will get (and the faster the gods will end up introducing technologies to give their toys an advantage).

What we need is a god who can all sides of these conflicts and can mediate between the various camps that are forming. What we need is Neshara... ;D

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: December 04, 2010, 07:25:03 am »

The conversation doesn't actually need to end before the update. Much time can't really pass anyhow, with the Chosen-Dordrath war just starting. Caesar could just update now without touching much upon the conversation/mortal war in the flavor.

I fear you and the other players wanting to get in are going to explode soon if there's no update.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: December 04, 2010, 08:26:59 am »

I am getting way too much into this...

Maybe its due to this song which I'm listening to?
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: December 04, 2010, 08:36:06 am »

You fools! You`ll never stop war!

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: December 04, 2010, 08:38:52 am »

So help me go- I mean me- I will create a race of John Lennon clones.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: December 04, 2010, 09:06:08 am »

You fools! You`ll never stop war!

You underestimate us, my friend.

War CAN be stopped. I have already prepared for war, drawn out mental battle plans, and just general things to defeat your evil plan!
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: December 04, 2010, 09:11:12 am »

My evil plan? Creating a world of constant warfare, but without obliterating it? It`s just a different kind of paradise.

Further, as long as you don`t change every sentient being into a mindless hull there will be war. And i will make sure that war will prevail; Even if Rahisael should be locked up for eternity.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: December 04, 2010, 10:18:25 am »

Further, as long as you don`t change every sentient being into a mindless hull there will be war.

That's what you think.

To be fair, you're the god of war. To not do so would be rather self-destructive.  :P

[clip]

Actually, I suppose I wasn't, really.  :-\

I kindof expected that people would read the post and not quite get my intent, though, which is why I was hoping for someone else to post before Hellhound/Fortis did again. I suppose... (and I may not have conveyed this really well, since when you work long enough on a post, it becomes impossible to determine whether or not it is, in fact, a steaming pile of crap [which is why writers have editors, I presume]) it's kind of more like Phera having an existential crisis and venting on Amparos for not taking things seriously (Why can't we have our fun? Because I'm talking about the complete annihilation of ourselves and our world!)- of those last two sections before the final paragraph, the emphasis was supposed to be on the last line. So, I tried clearing it up in the second post (and possibly made it look even worse in the process). why do i always feel the need to explain myself for these things

tl;dr; bluh bluh self esteem

Oh, and Hellhound's right; we can pretty much advance the turn (since we're probably not going to spend acts upstairs until we reach some kind of understanding), and handwave time passing in heaven.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 10:29:28 am by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: December 04, 2010, 10:28:18 am »

While having prepared partly for getting the turn post, I am quite sure that actually doing it now yet pass barely any time would not fully work.

Why? Because up until this point I've given the birth of new Gods time and the time for the World to change around them before introducing them.

I can't introduce three, four or five (I've lost track.. Might want to PM me the templates again, just to be sure.) Gods all at once in an already escalating conflict.

As stated before, they would instantly be urged to pick sides.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: December 04, 2010, 10:32:58 am »

Oh god, I hope you don't want us to finish the war before you update. 'Cos with this pace, that will take months.

I'm writing up the river spirit-finds-refugees scene now. Are you guys even gonna do anything at Drywall?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: December 04, 2010, 10:34:34 am »

Not necessarily finish it, but at the very least find a way to have the Gods be done influencing it massively.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
  • Goddess of Earth, Awakener of the Primordial
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: December 04, 2010, 10:38:32 am »

Neshara chooses....neither! She is neutral like Switzerland and will deal with all parties equally! The earth goddess has things in common with gods on both "sides" of the battle lines and there are many things on both sides she has an aversion to.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: December 04, 2010, 10:41:12 am »

Neshara chooses....neither! She is neutral like Switzerland and will deal with all parties equally! The earth goddess has things in common with gods on both "sides" of the battle lines and there are many things on both sides she has an aversion to.
She's awfully similar to Nativa.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: December 04, 2010, 11:32:32 am »

There. Took longer than I expected.

Now I can only hope the refugees don't just flee in terror upon seeing her.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: December 04, 2010, 11:33:18 am »

Not necessarily finish it, but at the very least find a way to have the Gods be done influencing it massively.

Oh, damn it! I thought we`d have some more turns until the war would enter the "hot" stage.

I don`t think that new gods would have to pick sides immediately. At least i don`t plan to launch a full scale war just yet-
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 193