Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 193

Author Topic: Godhood III OOC Thread  (Read 108374 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III OOC Thread
« Reply #2130 on: November 30, 2010, 06:24:07 pm »

God of technology I beg you invent the computer and dwarf fortress then my dwarves can play dwarf fortress while living dwarf fortress LOL  :D

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: November 30, 2010, 06:27:31 pm »

Dordrath the person is in, now come the city...
I just realised, are you using the pages I created?

EDIT: accually decided to look at the wiki instead, you are.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 06:30:25 pm by Evergod41 »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: November 30, 2010, 06:32:33 pm »

I still am not on the wiki what am I a stupid demigod ( goes and hides in corner till someone puts him on wiki )  :'(
Sorry if i seem hyper just had about a liter of pepsi

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: November 30, 2010, 06:35:25 pm »

I still am not on the wiki what am I a stupid demigod ( goes and hides in corner till someone puts him on wiki )  :'(
Sorry if i seem hyper just had about a liter of pepsi
If something you are, or made is not currently ON the wiki, PUT it on the wiki

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: November 30, 2010, 06:37:03 pm »

I cant dont have an account

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: November 30, 2010, 06:43:55 pm »

than apply for one?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: November 30, 2010, 06:46:44 pm »

Ok there we go my character profile is up

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: December 01, 2010, 02:01:19 am »

Scrapped my drafts and started again, wasn't happy with how this guy was being characterised.  Happens.  To Endras, Magus or Caesar:  Does the hunting of animals with magic come under the 'do not use magic to do harm' rule of the tower?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: December 01, 2010, 05:44:45 am »

Urgh.  Wall of text-ish, but it'll do.  Sorry for introducing yet another mortal into this, guys, but this is the post I actually meant to do right at the start of the turn* and never got around to.  Depressingly, I'll have to introduce another before the turn is up just to set things into motion.

I'll get onto an Estriss post soon, unless Evergod or Karne want to do the interaction at Drywall.

*In fact, I meant to do this last turn and didn't get around to it then, either!  Expect three more posts featuring Rust explaining the three principles of Blood Magic.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: December 01, 2010, 07:18:34 am »

So, Iituem, when are you going to write a book? 'Cos I would buy it. You're as good as most professional authors (or better?).
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: December 01, 2010, 08:13:25 am »

Is there room for one more here?

So I'll assume the answer to this is no?
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: December 01, 2010, 08:49:32 am »

Iituem, your last post was awesome.

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
  • Goddess of Earth, Awakener of the Primordial
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: December 01, 2010, 09:25:34 am »

Good stuff! I'm liking that Blood Magic is brought into the picture. Neshara is going to involve herself heavily with Blood Magic but as stated in my mission statement she does not conjure anything that does not already exist (I'm assuming Blood Magic has always been there, just not explored except by Rahisael until now but still, Neshara is fairly ignorant to begin with).

If you want a osunding board to bounce idea's give me a shout, I can help considerably the with the mystical/philosophical side of the art as I used Blood Magic heavily in an old D&D campaign of mine. If you want to retain creative control over your revelations that's fine, ubt I do have one request  :) I'm trying to introduce the idea of primordial magic into the game as an intuitive "art" form of magic that is the polar opposite of the ritual "science" magic taught by the mage gods. Could you align your Blood Magic with the idea of this primordial magic? It would be cool if Aaseral jumped on board with the primordial magic thing too, although his Life Magic uses runes I personally see that as being a way to bind and focus primordial magic in the world.

Also I love the idea of the spider teaching Rust this magic. I've already mentally altered one of my actions/plots to incorporate this spider into the mix! I really need to get going with posting, the idea's are burning the inside of my brain! I've already begun writing out my actions (and the wiki entries to go with them)... It feels like a form of creative trepanning!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: December 01, 2010, 11:02:30 am »

Scrapped my drafts and started again, wasn't happy with how this guy was being characterised.  Happens.  To Endras, Magus or Caesar:  Does the hunting of animals with magic come under the 'do not use magic to do harm' rule of the tower?
No.
Only hurting sentients does.

And your post was excellent. Very much so.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 01:34:27 pm by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: December 01, 2010, 11:39:33 am »

Post sorted out, coming after breakfast.

Before breakfast is fine too.

The size of my posts in no way justifies how long I take to write them up, but a lot of that delay is the thinking, research, and false starts I have to go through before I hit that eureka moment where I just do the entire post in one lump in about fifteen minutes. :P

Of course, it also helps that I realized that I didn't need to write nearly as much as I thought I did yet. :P

ED:
Is there room for one more here?

So I'll assume the answer to this is no?

As far as I know, the answer is basically always yes, as long as Caesar approves your application, and you can post reasonably legibly (being good at long and involved posts is an asset here).
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 01:28:17 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 193