Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 193

Author Topic: Godhood III OOC Thread  (Read 108414 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III OOC Thread
« Reply #2055 on: November 28, 2010, 01:47:23 pm »

Amparos would/will be really confused if/when everyone gets angry at him because of what his Chosen have done.

Also, I doubt the Chosen would ever come near the mages. Amparos warned them to stay away so the portals don't get stolen. But you don't know that in-game, so it's all good.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: November 28, 2010, 01:47:58 pm »

I'm leaving this open to Ghaz, in case he has something else in mind. Still, Eowel thinks he made a friend.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: November 28, 2010, 01:48:08 pm »

I'm doing it because Chosen+Tons of resources and slaves from the city=might actually be able to kill the mages.
I didn't really care about the town. I was interested in the godly energy. now i'm just kicking their arses so I don't have to deal with them after an even more massive buildup.
You know, Caesar DID say the chosen didn't stand a chance against Dordrath just yet. They're still VERY outnumbered and Dordrath is better defended.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: November 28, 2010, 01:51:20 pm »

So, wiki updated.

There we go!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: November 28, 2010, 01:53:00 pm »

Would it take an act to say posess one of my dwarfs and have he or she go out with 9 others to found a new dwarf settlement ( That is ten dwarves I belive that is half of the current amount of dwarves )

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: November 28, 2010, 01:54:21 pm »

Why not send 7?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: November 28, 2010, 01:54:31 pm »

You don't have to possess them, do you? Just tell some to go forth and multiply. That won't take any acts.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: November 28, 2010, 01:54:46 pm »

Would it take an act to say posess one of my dwarfs and have he or she go out with 9 others to found a new dwarf settlement ( That is ten dwarves I belive that is half of the current amount of dwarves )
Not necessarily, but you can be sure that they'll die if you do that. Also, they technically still live the hunter-gatherer lifestyle, so settlements are out of the question.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
  • Goddess of Earth, Awakener of the Primordial
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: November 28, 2010, 01:59:05 pm »

I'm of the opinion that this thing is getting out of hand though. There really isn't a need for everyone to jump into a great war over what was in effect a minor raid
There was really no reason for europe to plunge into a massive war over what was in effect a minor assassination. But it happened, simply because everyone had a itchy trigger finger. And lots of guns.

The short answer there was that a Victorian alliance system of nations had moved into the age of warfare on an industrial scale without realizing. WWI happened at the end of one era and the begining of another. Basicly what is happening in the godhood game (as ragnarok says) is the pack singling out the one who appears the strongist and eliminating him as a threat. It's a very common phenominon in PBEM's (and forum games too). Everyone wants to "win" and if somebody looks like their in a good chance they find the other players turning on them. The next stage of proceedings is that when the pack starts to look too strong then others ally with the victim or the pack splits and starts fighting in different camps. It's why I always choose goals in internet games that don't revolve around "winning" but instead try to acheve certain things. For me the story is more important than who wins or loses.

What you really should be wary of is setting a precedence. If the Magus turns on the other gods when he thnks they grow too powerful then should he find himself in that position then others won't hesitate to do the same to him. It's easy to get lost in the petty powerplays of the players and lose sight of the game itself when these things happen.

don't get me wrong I'm excited about the first conflict of gods, just lets not let it degenerate into perpetual warfare. I can understand certain gods maintaining a continuous state of war (Aarseral and The Wander for instance) but I'd hate to see two monolithic alliance systems forcing everyone to choose sides. This was afteralll how WWI began. Remember alliances are as much a burden as they are a blessing.

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
  • Goddess of Earth, Awakener of the Primordial
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: November 28, 2010, 02:01:06 pm »

I thought there were 100 dwarves? Sure I read that somewhere.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: November 28, 2010, 02:03:10 pm »

I thought there were 100 dwarves? Sure I read that somewhere.
We don't really keep track of numbers anyways.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: November 28, 2010, 02:04:32 pm »

Nope I only made 20 they live in the cavern just outside where I sealed myself in

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: November 28, 2010, 02:05:46 pm »

But I don't wanna win. I need the Chosen to lose here. Which they no doubt will, given the forces gathered against them.

And Demantiae, this game isn't very competitive. You can't 'lose', except of inactivity or idiocy.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: November 28, 2010, 02:06:52 pm »

For some odd reason I want to fight against Amparos

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: November 28, 2010, 02:07:29 pm »

But I don't wanna win. I need the Chosen to lose here. Which they no doubt will, given the forces gathered against them.

And Demantiae, this game isn't very competitive. You can't 'lose', except of inactivity or idiocy.

Correct. I am, in a way, some sort of failsafe.
Situations that might end in 'spoiling' or 'ending' the game meet unexpected twists and conflicts.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 193