Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 193

Author Topic: Godhood III OOC Thread  (Read 108417 times)

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
  • Goddess of Earth, Awakener of the Primordial
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III OOC Thread
« Reply #2040 on: November 28, 2010, 11:18:21 am »

Well when she is born MEshara won't be joining any side in any war. In fact she won't even care about such things. Unless the world turns into conflict and genocide as standard (see my new wiki page! http://godhood.auforge.com/index.php?title=Neshara) she won't even pay much attention to these trivial mortal concerns. Neshara's associations with other gods will be on a personal level. she'll interact with those she feels a kinship with or those who are anathema to her and largely ignore those she is indifferent about. I already have a list of those she will get to know (and largely in what order) assuming game events don't influence this.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: November 28, 2010, 12:21:42 pm »

Hey Ghazkull, the Murr come out sounding suspiciously like spies for the villagers with Gernad's words. Just sayin'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: November 28, 2010, 01:06:46 pm »

About the Gods:

I picture the Gods in godhood (no exceptions) all bound to mortals. Mortals shape and twist the Gods, and by actively worshiping them, also increase their power.

This does not mean that Gods without worshipers are powerless. All Gods are tied to Nativa, and through Nativa, to the 'Essence', which is basically what everything is tied to.

So no God will ever be without power or acts, with the exception of very.. exceptional cases.

Also: Nativa is not choosing any sides either.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: November 28, 2010, 01:12:40 pm »

In this case I can see Neshara forging a particulalry strong tie to Nativa through the earth and relying on a scattering of mortals to carry through her plans. I don't want Neshara ruling over vast tribes or cities as the other gods are doing so I will look to cherry picking worhipers where appropriate. I already have several idea's brewing.

when this turn concludes is it possible we can have everyone look at updating the wiki with their new spheres and creations? It's looking rather anemic right now.

About the Gods:

I picture the Gods in godhood (no exceptions) all bound to mortals. Mortals shape and twist the Gods, and by actively worshiping them, also increase their power.

This does not mean that Gods without worshipers are powerless. All Gods are tied to Nativa, and through Nativa, to the 'Essence', which is basically what everything is tied to.

So no God will ever be without power or acts, with the exception of very.. exceptional cases.

Also: Nativa is not choosing any sides either.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: November 28, 2010, 01:15:14 pm »

when this turn concludes is it possible we can have everyone look at updating the wiki with their new spheres and creations?

And locations, populations, et cetera, et cetera...
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: November 28, 2010, 01:17:53 pm »

I guess this is what I get for founding the first city.....

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: November 28, 2010, 01:18:33 pm »

I guess this is what I get for founding the first city.....

Get updating already!

FUN fact: Did you know that the GM spends an estimated 32% of his turn post time searching through previous posts for information the Wiki can not provide?
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: November 28, 2010, 01:20:25 pm »

Sorry. Right now i will upgrade the wiki with some stuff of me.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: November 28, 2010, 01:32:52 pm »

Man, I wish someone would finally tell Amparos that almost all the other gods are now going to war against his Chosen with all their might. Poor guy's still waiting for Phera to talk.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: November 28, 2010, 01:33:05 pm »

Goddamnit I want a pet Murr!

I am the god of heroes! YOU WILL DO AS I COMMAND, MORTAL.  :P
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: November 28, 2010, 01:35:34 pm »

Must.. Be... Patient....

I've got too many mean abominations and corrupted figures in store for the world. :P
I can't release them all, and I've already got too many machinations going on with just Remorse and Retribution milling about.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: November 28, 2010, 01:39:09 pm »

Man, I wish someone would finally tell Amparos that almost all the other gods are now going to war against his Chosen with all their might. Poor guy's still waiting for Phera to talk.

You have the great luxury of being able to retreat into your oceans if your Chosen should suffer defeat! But I'm thinking Mr Frosty will ally with those Chosen. Can't have balance if it's 1 vs the world. And Frosties been ordered to restore the balance...

I'm of the opinion that this thing is getting out of hand though. There really isn't a need for everyone to jump into a great war over what was in effect a minor raid (and the people of Seyth have been raiding everyone around them for generations already). I guess players just want a war to sink their teeth into.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: November 28, 2010, 01:41:06 pm »

I agree that murr are :3
They're like giant bipedal hamsters :)
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: November 28, 2010, 01:41:56 pm »

I'm of the opinion that this thing is getting out of hand though. There really isn't a need for everyone to jump into a great war over what was in effect a minor raid
There was really no reason for europe to plunge into a massive war over what was in effect a minor assassination. But it happened, simply because everyone had a itchy trigger finger. And lots of guns.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: November 28, 2010, 01:44:31 pm »

I'm doing it because Chosen+Tons of resources and slaves from the city=might actually be able to kill the mages.
I didn't really care about the town. I was interested in the godly energy. now i'm just kicking their arses so I don't have to deal with them after an even more massive buildup.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 193