Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 193

Author Topic: Godhood III OOC Thread  (Read 108676 times)

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III OOC Thread
« Reply #1485 on: November 13, 2010, 10:59:46 pm »

If no one has put it there, it doesn't exist.

tagg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: November 14, 2010, 02:44:23 am »

I've thought up a few characters, but I'd like to get some feedback before deciding. I'll actually fill in the template for the one I end up choosing. Sooo yeah.
1) God of Industry: I like this one a lot but I think it might be too close to technology. There are some easy ways to ensure differences but I'd rather make sure I'm not stepping on any toes.
2) God of Medicine: Would be very passive and I'm having trouble concieving of a purpose for this one besides the pretty much default heal people.
3) God of chance/luck: Can't think up any motivations for this him at all.
I'm looking forwards to hearing from you. :)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: November 14, 2010, 05:13:30 am »

You know we still don't have a madgod...
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: November 14, 2010, 06:01:27 am »

Nah, not talking about training, just the spark of magical ability, even if they don't know they have it.

Of course there are.
The mages do not even know the lands in the South yet, so even if they'd recognize and take in every mage they met, they wouldn't be able to incarcerate them all.

Keep in mind though that all humans were born with this ability.
So while it comes with birth for the other races, it comes with training for humans.

I've thought up a few characters, but I'd like to get some feedback before deciding. I'll actually fill in the template for the one I end up choosing. Sooo yeah.
1) God of Industry: I like this one a lot but I think it might be too close to technology. There are some easy ways to ensure differences but I'd rather make sure I'm not stepping on any toes.
2) God of Medicine: Would be very passive and I'm having trouble concieving of a purpose for this one besides the pretty much default heal people.
3) God of chance/luck: Can't think up any motivations for this him at all.
I'm looking forwards to hearing from you. :)

Send me the templates you filled in and I'll see.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 06:10:03 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: November 14, 2010, 09:34:03 am »

You wouldn't be. As of yet, Akiel has only spoken at the meeting and to introduce metallurgy. I'd love someone to talk to here.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: November 14, 2010, 10:21:33 am »

You wouldn't be. As of yet, Akiel has only spoken at the meeting and to introduce metallurgy. I'd love someone to talk to here.
The past couple of turns I have been promoting technological growth... does that mean nothing?

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: November 14, 2010, 10:22:23 am »

true.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1492 on: November 14, 2010, 12:48:08 pm »

You know we still don't have a madgod...
:o

:-\

???

:D

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: November 14, 2010, 12:54:36 pm »

>:D
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

tagg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: November 14, 2010, 02:37:56 pm »

Allright, guess I'll go with Industry. Should I just post the template here?

Edit: PM'd the template to caesar, should I post it here too?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 02:59:51 pm by tagg »

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: November 14, 2010, 03:23:24 pm »

Yeah, you should.

tagg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: November 14, 2010, 03:26:14 pm »

Yeah, you should.
Okely dokely
Name: Teollisus
Titles: None yet
Description: Usually cheerful, Teollisus is willing to work with nearly anyone, excluding those whose actions will clearly eliminate all sentient life. He prefers to let others do the dirty work while he supports them, but is a surprisingly hard worker. He's usually practical, and while it's difficult to do so, gaining a personal grudge ensures that he will go to ridiculous lengths to crush his enemy.
Spheres: Industry.
Manifests as: A craftsman, or a factory worker, (when there are factories,) of the species he's dealing with, when in contact with other gods defaults to the race that most prominently uses industry.
Associated with animal: None yet
Secondary source of power: None yet
Task within the pantheon: None yet

Can't create new technology, but can show mortals how to create things more cheaply, at a higher quality and/or in greater quantities.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: November 14, 2010, 03:34:04 pm »

Alright. I was going to have Akiel sleep until he's accumulated some acts, but I may not end up doing that now.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: November 14, 2010, 04:28:17 pm »

I quess this is dum just checking but does talking take up acts

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1499 on: November 14, 2010, 04:38:15 pm »

I quess this is dum just checking but does talking take up acts
I think I can safely answer you with a 'no' unless your talking accomplishes something godly.

Like... you speak a word which creates the heavens.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 193