Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 193

Author Topic: Godhood III OOC Thread  (Read 108787 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III OOC Thread
« Reply #1080 on: October 03, 2010, 12:20:05 pm »

So, how's that 'date coming along?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: October 03, 2010, 12:23:15 pm »

Doing the flavor text. Took me a while to charge my imagination.

I eventually connected it to a creatibattery- That did the trick.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: October 03, 2010, 12:32:39 pm »

Pff, you still use creatibateries?! I charge my imagination through a series of wildly complex and tedious wire-less l.a.s.e.i. systems, that beam creativity straight into my brain-hole. And it's all powered by the work of stickfigures who slave all night and day, slaughtering each other to feed the furnace. Though I have been running low on them... might need to start a program...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: October 03, 2010, 12:35:21 pm »

That's too expensive, and these new fancy creatigadgets are unstable. I tried using an Inspiration-Station a couple days ago and it wiped my brain. Had to buy a new one.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: October 03, 2010, 12:39:27 pm »

I've got three reasons for using those, really. The first is that charging my batteries on your machine is cheap in costs of stick-man labor/food. The second is that, indeed, many of the creatigadgets are very unstable. The third would be that my bodily device that detects solid objects in a dark room did indeed that, with my creatigadget of ultimate doom.

Turned out my shins were tougher.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: October 03, 2010, 12:40:59 pm »

Like many traditionalists, I find that crushed pixie juice mixed with a healthy dose of Minoan Horn serves best as a creativity supplement.  When unable to obtain such ingredients, though, I have to settle for Howard Taylor's BICHOK* method.

*Butt In Chair, Hands on Keyboard.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 03, 2010, 12:46:19 pm »

Hmm, interesting ideas, but I have always used a more radical method: I think for a bit and let the ideas come to me. Who needs fancy gadgets when the ideas are already there and happy to be used?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 03, 2010, 12:47:00 pm »

Good technology isn`t the only thing you need. Remember to always install the latest drivers and patches.. and keep your brain clean. Many people forget to defragment their brain, resulting in less imagination.

Many things can cause a fragmented brain: Starting to write something, but aborting it or playing too much RL.

To defragment your brain follow these instructions:

1. Make a backup of your brain; E.g write important informations on a piece of paper.

2. Drink as much alcohol as you can stomach. Then drink more.

3. Punch your head against a wall until you black out.

4. Once, and if, you wake up again you won`t remember much. That is because the data in your brain has been rearranged.. You successfully defragmentated your brain!

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: October 03, 2010, 12:49:37 pm »

That's too expensive, and these new fancy creatigadgets are unstable. I tried using an Inspiration-Station a couple days ago and it wiped my brain. Had to buy a new one.
HA!

I've got three reasons for using those, really. The first is that charging my batteries on your machine is cheap in costs of stick-man labor/food. The second is that, indeed, many of the creatigadgets are very unstable. The third would be that my bodily device that detects solid objects in a dark room did indeed that, with my creatigadget of ultimate doom.

Who the hell feeds their stickpeople?

Like many traditionalists, I find that crushed pixie juice mixed with a healthy dose of Minoan Horn serves best as a creativity supplement.  When unable to obtain such ingredients, though, I have to settle for Howard Taylor's BICHOK* method.

*Butt In Chair, Hands on Keyboard.
Damn hippies...

Hmm, interesting ideas, but I have always used a more radical method: I think for a bit and let the ideas come to me. Who needs fancy gadgets when the ideas are already there and happy to be used?
WHAT IS THIS HERESY THAT YOU SPEAK!!! PLUCKING IDEAS OUT OF THIN AIR?! THAT IS INSANITY!!!

Good technology isn`t the only thing you need. Remember to always install the latest drivers and patches.. and keep your brain clean. Many people forget to defragment their brain, resulting in less imagination.

Many things can cause a fragmented brain: Starting to write something, but aborting it or playing too much RL.

1. Make a backup of your brain; E.g write important informations on a piece of paper.

4. Once, and if, you wake up again you won`t remember much. That is because the data in your brain has been rearranged.. You successfully defragmentated your brain!

Glad someone read the pamflet on brain health...

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: October 03, 2010, 12:55:16 pm »

Who the hell feeds their stickpeople?

They use stickcows and stickcorn. They drink stickmilk, and they eat stickcheese, stickcorn, and stickbeef.

Glad someone read the pamflet on brain health...

He forgot to mention that you have to steer clear of fire for about two or three days.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 03, 2010, 01:07:34 pm »

WHAT IS THIS HERESY THAT YOU SPEAK!!! PLUCKING IDEAS OUT OF THIN AIR?! THAT IS INSANITY!!!
Thin air? Of course not! Ideas are shy creatures, you merely need to master the knack of luring them out.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: October 03, 2010, 01:09:32 pm »

Thin air? Of course not! Ideas are shy creatures, you merely need to master the knack of luring them out.

I like Ideas. Especially with honey. Baked in honey.
Caesar drools.

Edit: Summarizing flavor text.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 01:28:48 pm by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 03, 2010, 01:30:07 pm »

The land rejoices! An update is near!

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: October 03, 2010, 01:32:10 pm »

"And there was much rejoicing."

"Yaaaaaay......."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 03, 2010, 01:39:16 pm »

Completely unrelated to this, I just started playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri again, and am reminded of the sheer depth of the writing in that game.  And by depth, I mean the fact that you are constantly teased with a story that doesn't even play out on the level of the game you're playing at, but bubbles beneath the surface, perpetually keying you in to the very personal battles of the different leaders.

K, that's me done.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 193