Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 193

Author Topic: Godhood III OOC Thread  (Read 109154 times)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III OOC Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2010, 12:39:04 am »

I guess that means the template's been accepted, then? Excellent.. That means I can go on with the next part of my plan...

We'll be back to you right after commercials (school), thank you for your attention!
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2010, 02:24:49 am »

I know there is another god of death,but this is different.

Name of God: The Lord of Death
Titles: The Lord of Death, The Justicer, The Knight of Obsidian,The Commander
Description of Character: A god with a strong sense of justice,  will attack other gods if necesary.He wants to command an army of dead people and dragons.He seeks noble warriors who have died
Spheres: Death
Manifests as: A man encased in an obsidian armor with wings, and an obsidian sword
Associated with the animal: None(Hoping for dragon)
Secondary source of Power (besides Worship):None(Hoping for dead souls)
Task in the Pantheon:None
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:22:15 am by LAAT501legion »
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2010, 06:11:45 am »

God done, edited that post.

I am sorry I doubted thee, oh lord Caesar. This is lookin' good.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 06:16:42 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2010, 06:34:06 am »

Description of Character: A god with a strong sense of justice,  will attack other gods if necesary.Commands an army of dead people and dragons.He seeks noble warriors who have died
Manifests as: A man encased in an obsidian armor with wings, and an obsidian sword

You're technically not commanding an army (yet?). You might want to edit that one.
This post might be messy. Writing it from school, and the computer is bugging on me.

It's just fine if there's multiple Gods with the same spheres. It ensures we get conflict. After all, if you'd choose a God of Death as your patron, and you'll have to choose between two, one of them surely won't be getting the power your devotion would grant it/her/him.

God done, edited that post.

I am sorry I doubted thee, oh lord Caesar. This is lookin' good.

I am neither lord nor master. (Although I am a game-master.) Rather I'm a player, like you. A player with omnipotence.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2010, 07:21:30 am »

Description of Character: A god with a strong sense of justice,  will attack other gods if necesary.Commands an army of dead people and dragons.He seeks noble warriors who have died

You're technically not commanding an army (yet?). You might want to edit that one.
This post might be messy. Writing it from school, and the computer is bugging on me.

It's just fine if there's multiple Gods with the same spheres. It ensures we get conflict. After all, if you'd choose a God of Death as your patron, and you'll have to choose between two, one of them surely won't be getting the power your devotion would grant it/her/him.

Then he wants to command an army of dead people and dragons

This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2010, 07:28:02 am »

Name of God: Tass
Titles: Silvertongue
Description of Character: Cheerful and quick-witted, Tass embodies the life of the night- Minstrels and performers, but also has power over the darker side; thieves and burglars, sophisticated criminals who use the cover of darkness for stealth. He will not go out of his way to enforce what morals he has, and will tend to melt away from a confrontation that actually attack another God. He has contempt for those who use force to get what they wish, rather than skill or trickery.
Spheres:Night (Major) and deception/performance (minor)
Manifests as: A young male human of varying appearance, but always with a glint of silver in his mouth, be it a tooth, a lip stud or, indeed, his entire tongue.
Associated with the animal: None (Hoping for lyrebird or peacock)
Secondary source of Power (besides Worship): None as yet, hoping for nocturnal sentients
Task in the Pantheon: None yet

Here's hoping I am more active in this one. I'm never doing third person plural again.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2010, 11:26:47 am »

Name: Phera
Titles: The Bringer of Light, The Heavenly/Divine Flame
Description: Phera is headstrong and impulsive, but straightforward and honest. She feels a sense of caring and duty towards the realm of mortals, and favors the brave and bold who stand up to adversity and seek justice. Conversely, she detests cowards and criminals; worms who rightly shun the light of vengeance.
Spheres: Sun
Manifestation: She typically manifests as a human woman with long black hair and great black feathered wings, who radiates an aura of light and heat, and carries a sphere of divine fire, like a miniature star. She rarely bothers with mortal clothing or armor, and wreathes herself in flames for combat, shaping the sphere into a lance.
Animal Association: (none yet)
Secondary Power Source: (none yet)
Task in the Pantheon: (none yet)

Daaamn, already a dozen signups. Guess this kind of game's pretty popular. :P
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 11:34:23 am by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2010, 11:50:53 am »

Daaamn, already a dozen signups. Guess this kind of game's pretty popular. :P

Why damn? More gods means more fun. Ahaha, and the pantheon seems interesting, too. If everyone plays his god according to his description i can say that there will be some allies and some enemies..

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2010, 11:56:00 am »

Added the gods to the wiki. Now, someone make a category (or whatever) or a page for them.

Interesting pantheon we have here, thank Xarn it's not as dark as the one in the second game...
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2010, 12:37:41 pm »

OH please please let me not be to late...

Name of God: Unkown

Titles: The Maw, Lord Hunger, Murder of Crows,

Description of Character: The Maw is what he represents: Hunger. He hungers for more worshippers, more land, more of everything! He is greedy,imperialistic and moral means nothing to him.However he cares for his allies and if one has gained his trust, he can be sure to have a loyal friend and ally.

Spheres: Hunger in all its forms be it for Food or for Gold,Fame and other things...

Manifests as: Lord Hunger looks like and old overworked king, his face gaunt, his hair brittle and thin. But his eyes burn with the Hunger for power, the Crave for respect. He wears an red cape over his Mail Armor. On top of his thin white brittle hair sits an old iron helmet with noseguard. His skin is greyish and his eyes lie deep in his head.

Associated with the animal: none yet( hopefully the Crow or something Sarlacc like...

Secondary PowerSource: none yet

Task in the Pantheon: Master of Coin(or none yet if this should be epty at the beginning)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2010, 12:54:43 pm »

Name of God: Terron
Titles: Bringer of order
Description of Character: Terron tries to impose order upon his dominion. He encourages synchronicity and symetry in all things. He enforces laws and justice unrelentingly, and considers falsehood and deception as despicable.
Spheres: Society/Laws
Manifests as: A tall, broad man in formal or ceremonial dress. The precise dress varies depending on the situation, but is the most formal/ceremonial option that would be suitable.
Associated  animal: None
Secondary source of Power (besides Worship): If it is possible to choose one now, lawful society, if not then none

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2010, 01:02:45 pm »

Don't worry; since Caesar hasn't been on to shut down signups, it's unknown who (if anyone) is too late.

Speaking of which, Caesar, how are we going to determine who goes in first, or when, if we're even doing generations of gods? First-come-first-served, or randomly?

And yeah, I can definitely see a lot more politicking this time around. Ought to be... fun.  :P
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2010, 01:11:33 pm »

I think that all that sign in before the game starts would be first generation gods..

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2010, 01:14:04 pm »

I think that all that sign in before the game starts would be first generation gods..

It's possible (perhaps even likely), but would inevitably lead to a ridonkulously large Pantheon.

On the other hand, this might not be a bad thing.

lolol disregard; i kinda forgot that the original game had upwards of 20 players
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 03:15:56 pm by HailFire »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2010, 03:39:33 pm »

Name of God:Magus
Titles: He Who Forges The Runes, First and Greatest Mage, The Source (mages only)
Description of Character: Magus's power lies within rituals and invocations, the calling of magic through rite and order. Because of this, he is very methodical, to the point of being borderline obsessive-compulsive. He becomes out of sorts when chaos comes into the picture, as it has the capacity to upset the delicate balance upon which his power is forged.
Spheres: Ritual Magic.
Manifests as: Seemingly a man in a dark blue robe, with countless symbols which tell of his and his follower's expoits seeming to float within it. these are constantly moving, and under the hood, only a single, vertical eye can be seen, with the rest obscured by an endless storm of marks.
Associated with the animal: None(Newborn God)
Secondary source of Power (besides Worship): None(Newborn God)
Task in the Pantheon:None (Newborn God)
EDIT: Also, Hailfire, have you seen some of the ancient pantheons? those had TONS of gods in them, IIRC. some of them were relatively minor, but still.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 03:42:38 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 193