Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 193

Author Topic: Godhood III OOC Thread  (Read 109143 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Godhood III OOC Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2010, 05:08:38 pm »

The manifestations will at least have some sort of hint that they're humanoid-like. (So it could be a normal woman or a twisted human-like monstrosity with huge fangs, but not a sword, a bear, a bird, or whatever else doesn't fit the 'close to humanoid'.)

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2010, 05:13:52 pm »

Awww... missed that part, I frikken LOVE griffons as god figures... I'll redo in a moment...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2010, 05:16:09 pm »

I think the idea is that we're gods of men, so we have to be at least partially humanoid.

Now a werewolf god should be alright.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2010, 05:18:41 pm »

You could try a greek sphinx. Head of a man/woman, body of a winged lion. Usually depicted as female but can go either way.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2010, 05:28:21 pm »

You could make it a sort of humanoid griffin I think.

EDIT: and my diety.

Name of God: Kastheen

Titles: Storm Warden

Description of Character: Kastheen is a diety of many different facets. Sometimes, she calm and peaceful, like gentle rains. Other times, she unbridles her wrath, and rages like the storms. One day she can be gloomy like the deep clouds, others bright and cheerful like sunny days. It is hard to tell what mood she will be in from one day to the next, much like the weather she controls. One consistent theme though, is that she does what she pleases and is fiercely independent. The weather answers to no one, so why should she?

Spheres: Weather

Manifests as: She takes the form of a tall lithe woman with a large pair of wings. Her eyes are a variety of hues, changing depending on her mood. (Sky blue for calm or content, grey for moody or sad, a sparking yellow when angry.) Her hair is white, appearing like long wispy clouds that are constantly trailing off behind her. Likewise, her wings have no feathers, but more of the white clouds. She is constantly ‘shedding’ little clouds that float about her, and when she walks, she leaves a trail of them.

Associated with the animal: None yet

Secondary source of Power (besides Worship): None yet.

Task in the Pantheon: None yet
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 05:36:12 pm by Fortis »

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2010, 06:12:12 pm »

So... like mother nature? ::)
And yes I guess I could've gone with a Griffo-man, but I like my new guy better.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2010, 06:27:36 pm »

Name of God: Carmanthyre

Titles: Lord of Heroes

Description of Character: Due to the nature of this god, Who happens to actually be contained in the blade mentioned later, Carmanthyre has a variable personality, and even variable spheres. His/Her personality can change much like a mortals, as the god acts by possessing the mortal in question.

Spheres: Heroes

Manifests as: A knight in shining steel armor, he carries a bright sword made of flame, which legend claims gifts him great power in combat. However, the legends also tell of a weakness given to the god by the blade as well, ensuring that the blade comes across a new owner every 1000 years. The blade is named Vor Slisha da Dolothi, Father Blade of the Gods.

Carmanthyre is very tame, willing to take abuse so long as he has nothing to lose and something to profit from doing so. Should his life be threatened, however, he has a tendancy to strike without warning with the speed of lightning, often ending with some poor god full of knives. Those foolish mortals who cross Carmanthyre often do not return, and those that do return changed, weilders of Vor Slisha da Dolothi. They return as gods themselves.

Associated with the animal: (None. Hoping for the Gargoyle)

Secondary source of Power (besides Worship): (none yet)

Task in the Pantheon: (None yet, assuming the care of mortal heroes)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2010, 06:39:47 pm »

Edit: Argh, too late! I started writing when evergod hadn`t edited his post yet. Searching for another god idea.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 06:44:06 pm by Lordinquisitor »

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2010, 06:44:10 pm »

wow, I was going to do war, but I changed to battle instead...

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2010, 06:45:44 pm »

Well, i suppose our gods are a bit different.. Hmm.. Maybe i could still use him. I mean, most of the individuality will enfold during the game, when we can get additional spheres. I`ll just use him, unless people think that he`s too similar.

Name of God: Rahisael

Titles: The Lord of War

Description of Character: Rahisael enjoys combat above everything and will never avoid it, and often he`ll start a fight by provoking someone himself. Yet, afterwards, he will hold no grudge against his enemy, whether he lost or won, and might invite him to a drink. He also likes competitions of all kinds, but naturally those related to combat.

Yet, he also has certain dark sides- He tends to enjoy slaughter and needless violence and despises the weak, which he tramples into the ground. He favors those that devote their life to war, and will support them, how evil or good they may be.

Spheres: War

Manifests as: Rahisael manifests as an humanoid of varying stature; Usually trying to be at least one head taller than the audience.
His long hair is brown and his eyes grey-blue. He wears ornate archaic looking armor, though of godlike quality. When Rahisael is nearby the air is always filled with the dreadful din of battle, a reminder that war is never far away when Rahisael is near.

Associated with the animal: With none... Yet.

Secondary source of Power (besides Worship): None... Yet.

Task in the Pantheon: None.. Yet.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2010, 06:56:13 pm »

Yes, we are unique from one another, and we have different allignments meaning we will probobly be fighting each other sometime, i was just mentioning I WAS going to go with war, but I like battles better.

And shure Wars encompass battles, but that doesn't stop two equally powerful gods from swaying either, either way. "You can win every battle but still lose the war."

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2010, 07:46:51 pm »

This sounds good. I'll join.

Spoiler: Akiel (click to show/hide)
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2010, 08:01:49 pm »

Spoiler: The Psychopomp (click to show/hide)
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2010, 08:39:10 pm »

Name of God: Endras
Titles: The Mage of Eternity
Description of Character: An industrious god, Endras is constantly at work, whether among gods or mortals. He seeks to create ever more impressive magics, teaching some to mortals, and crafting others for his own use. He rarely speaks, and when he does he chooses his words carefully, not wasting a breath.
Spheres: Enchantment
Manifests as: Looks like a man in red robes, but no face is visible within his hood. All that can be seen is a pair of eyes, with a look of wisdom about them.
Associated with the animal: None
Secondary source of Power (besides Worship): None
Task in the Pantheon: None
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 08:49:54 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2010, 11:44:40 pm »

I probably don't have time to write this fully right now (school eh) but consider it reserving a spot.

Name of God: Amparos
Titles: The Stormlord, the Master of the Deep Sea, the Everthirsting One
Description of Character: Amparos treats most mortals with indifference, though their leaders and the most powerful interest him. If he considers a cause just, he will stand behind it no matter what happens, but likewise a cause considered unjust will be dismissed without further thought. While somewhat intelligent, Amparos can be quite hotheaded at times, and the sea matches his mood with storms. Amparos considers the oceans his personal property, and a blood sacrifice is needed for a ship to sail his waters.
Spheres: The Seas
Manifests as: Amparos manifests as a young man with a gaunt, narrow face and an elaborate crown of bones. He has eyes the colour of the ocean depths, long black hair and pale skin with a blue-ish hue.
Associated with the animal: None yet
Secondary source of Power (besides Worship): None yet
Task in the Pantheon: None yet
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 06:18:29 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 193