Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 193

Author Topic: Godhood III OOC Thread  (Read 107960 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III OOC Thread
« Reply #2835 on: March 09, 2011, 02:44:18 pm »

Err... isn't that pretty much what we have already? Larger creations take more Acts, even if it isn't categorized like that.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: March 09, 2011, 02:46:06 pm »

Ya I just meant they each have their own category with a certain number in each.

Like we start with this
Small - 3
Medium - 2
Great - 1

Next turn

Small - 4
Medium - 2
Great - 1
And so on.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: March 09, 2011, 02:51:51 pm »

That could work, but it just sounds like more work for Caesar. *shrug*
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: March 09, 2011, 04:18:50 pm »

Agreed.  Acts only need to be one of type, so long as we have a clearer guideline on the number required to perform actions of increasing magnitude.  Possibly also on any discounts/additional costs for acting within/outside/opposed to your Spheres.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: March 09, 2011, 04:51:53 pm »

Well you could use a three act system.

Small Acts - ( Depending on your sphere this will vary ) Ex: Small acts for a God of Earth would be like making a tunnel, or raising some earth up to form a small wall.

Medium Acts - ( Creating Heros, changing a races features or skills ) Ex: The God Of Earth creates the hero galvanian from the dwarven race.

Great Acts - ( Creating Races, making places of intrest, creating artifacts ) Ex: The God of Earth creates the dwarves.

Something along those lines. Does that sound good ?

And then how would I determine what kind of acts you would get, and when you would?
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: March 09, 2011, 05:10:50 pm »

Well going in order like this

Small - Increase every turn

Medium - Increase every 2 turns

Great - Increase every three Turns

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: March 09, 2011, 05:12:16 pm »

I did come up with another thought.

You get 1 act per race, artifact, hero, and place of importance ( Ex: Heaven )

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: March 09, 2011, 07:16:09 pm »

Nah, that would get annoying.

One of the reasons I believe that previous Godhoods have suffered was because of too much of a category. For example, it was manageable to deal with a few races and sub-forms of said races. Then people were each creating their own little race to be their servants, which not only caused these new things for Caesar to take note of, but also made some of the other races to be neglected.

This is my personal suggestion on how to deal with gaining acts:

FIRST, there are Worldly Acts, or Acts gained as a reminant of Creation. These acts would start at 2 acts/per turn, then would lower to 1 act/per turn before eventually disappearing. Maybe it should degrade at a rate of 3 turns per level, or something similar.

Anyway, SECOND, there is Sphere Acts, or Acts gained as a result of a sphere. When mortals do certain things, they can glorify certain spheres subconciously, which will cause belief in the matching god to rise (covered later).  IF, for example, mortals deal with the sea, the god of the sea would get acts, when ground is worked, acts for the god of the earth, murder for the god of murder, etc. At max, someone may gain up to 2 acts through this catagory.

THIRD, there is Worship Acts, or acts caused by belief. As mentioned above, doing certain things will make mortals believe in an entity more. While belief is nice, it is not worship. To prevent confusion, only the PATRON god of a community will benefit from their worship. Each MAJOR community of a sapient and free-willed populace will have certain act amounts associated with them. HOWEVER, these counts will not be high until you get to giant Capitals of a nation.

As an example, imagine 10 specific communities, where 7 are large (major) towns, 2 are cities, and one is a Capital of a civilization. A large town will generate about .2 acts per turn. This means you have to control 5 of these towns to get any significant boost to your acts. The cities, on the other hand, each provide .5 acts. That is another act every other turn, and a full act every turn for dominating both of these cities. The Capital itself provides one full act; this in itself makes it very powerful. Of course, as there are more than one god, gods will have to attempt to dominate the regions they seek to get these acts, and will probably not get any at all. True dominence is needed to get these acts.

Finally, there are Power Acts, or acts gained by effects of some sort of force. A monolith, an obolisk, a pyramid, the like like that designed to take in natual energy. While these constuctions woruld be diffucult, they would be a stable act source.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: March 10, 2011, 04:20:25 am »

I don't really like the last one, people would just use their acts to make dozens of boring Act-generators. Your Worship-system sounds too complicated as well IMO.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: March 10, 2011, 11:57:09 am »

Despite the fact that I demonstrated a system that was actually geared around Act-generators (because it was a card game, and the point was to win), I'm with the party against creating things to give you more Acts.  I'm not 100% certain how bonus Acts were handled in the previous games (that I didn't GM), but I think it was more a 'prominence' thing.  When there were wars on, gods of war got more Acts.  When there was a burst in sea travel, trade gods got more Acts.  But it was deliberately somewhat ephemeral - the general rule was to stay active in the world.  Doing nothing meant you could build up Acts, but you also started to dwindle from inactivity.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: March 10, 2011, 12:09:29 pm »

IMHO I believe the current system is fine.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: March 10, 2011, 01:38:54 pm »

Worldly Acts, Sphere Acts, Worship Acts, Power Acts

I already used those, along with Favor with the Overgod(dess) to determine how many acts one would get.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: March 10, 2011, 04:39:28 pm »

But then theres always the Smart use of Acts

that people seem to forget about alot...

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: March 10, 2011, 05:28:25 pm »

Well.. Yes.
People who use their acts wisely tend to have more positive results.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: March 10, 2011, 06:27:36 pm »

True enough...

The big question is, how many of us are idiots?

ANYWAY, there has to be some way to define how much an act is.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 193