Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 193

Author Topic: Godhood III OOC Thread  (Read 107961 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III OOC Thread
« Reply #2805 on: March 06, 2011, 08:59:36 am »

Short question...who did again create the Star-System for Godhood one and what program did you use?

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: March 06, 2011, 08:59:57 am »

Let's see- The idea was to narrow down the acts another level.
I wanted to have it take a lot to perform a great act. The Gods would mostly perform their acts with small things (at least a tiny bit later on). This way you would have to think of something small that would still allow you to eventually achieve something great.

Like domino's. Your acts will become like the push to one small piece, and you'll need to push the right one to achieve as many of goals (push over as many pieces) as possible.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: March 06, 2011, 09:22:20 am »

I prefer this system, but at the start I feel we should get two, or three acts. Then we would keep that amount, and it would only rais every two to three turns.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: March 06, 2011, 09:40:37 am »

Or a reversal, start with many then we get few. The primary gods would get 10 or dare I say 20 acts to start with, for the world is their playground, they can do anything. Then the secondary gods, born from the primary gods' actions would get about half, for the world is still open, but choices have been made that cannot easily be undone; a general path of events is made. Then the tertiary gods, again, born from the actions of the previous generations; would get even fewer acts, the world is now more defined, and there is little to no more creation going on, but rather the modifying and the spreading of ideals; the path is set, none can stray far without consequences. Then every turn you would get a single act to work with, or 2 if you have tailored a populace to worships you; or you could make a physical item that bestows a power unto you so that a certain type of event requires no acts, as long as the item is present and still pure of godly intent.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: March 06, 2011, 09:42:24 am »

Ok my brain just died reading that. Let me get this correct you want us to get LESS ACTS ?

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: March 06, 2011, 09:46:16 am »

Yes, to go along with you have to chose carefully what exactly you want to do, so never ending wars aren't started, or at least when they do we wont be able to stop it with a flick of a wrist.

I wanted to have it take a lot to perform a great act. The Gods would mostly perform their acts with small things (at least a tiny bit later on). This way you would have to think of something small that would still allow you to eventually achieve something great.

Like domino's. Your acts will become like the push to one small piece, and you'll need to push the right one to achieve as many of goals (push over as many pieces) as possible.

Alot to preform great things, more powerful gods get more acts. Mostly preforming with small things, general gain is less. forcing you to strategize your spending, like domino's...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: March 06, 2011, 09:48:21 am »

I don't like the less acts idea, but stil I hope I get in. May I state I have supporters like three of them ?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: March 06, 2011, 10:34:24 am »

I don't like the less acts idea, but stil I hope I get in. May I state I have supporters like three of them ?

This isn't a popularity contest, I'm afraid.

I'm not really sure what you mean, Caesar. 3 or so Acts in the beginning would be nice though, people want to create more in early game anyhow.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 10:35:59 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: March 06, 2011, 10:35:08 am »

I know I just thought it might help.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: March 06, 2011, 02:30:58 pm »

I believe the question isn't about the number of Acts but their power.  You could quite happily keep the same number of Acts per turn, but if their strength is reduced it allows us to conduct many weaker actions instead of having to accomplish a single powerful one - or we could still force through a powerful act, but it would cost so much more to do.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: March 06, 2011, 03:00:01 pm »

Yes, but it's much easier to define an equal strength and change in numbers than an equal number and a change in strength.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: March 06, 2011, 03:41:47 pm »

Except that the problem I had is that the previous strength wasn't defined.  I never had a clear idea of what you could do with an Act, or what its limitations were.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: March 06, 2011, 04:46:02 pm »

Which is one of the things I'll need to define.

Also: No. We're not getting many more Gods. I simply can't handle/manage/keep up with that.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: March 06, 2011, 05:02:36 pm »

I dont think any of us can...

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: March 06, 2011, 10:24:42 pm »

Is it still too late to submit something?

My plans changed radically, and now I have time.

Time~
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 193