Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 193

Author Topic: Godhood III OOC Thread  (Read 107992 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III OOC Thread
« Reply #2730 on: February 27, 2011, 03:42:55 pm »

well isnt today the 27th?

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: February 27, 2011, 04:24:33 pm »

I am happy to announce that I received nine applications, and that they were all..

More than good enough.
Which means that all of you who applied will be in the next Godhood.
Now to think of how to set it up and go over these suggestions.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: February 27, 2011, 04:42:31 pm »

Finally certainty! I really thought I wouldn't make it with my crappy story... phew...sooo...this was my story thingy:

It was a cold and rainy night, a strong wind blew into the noses of the soldiers, the scent of sweat, blood and roasted meat coming from the north. They would soon arrive...
The men were frozen, not of the cold, but of fear... Frozen, not of the mighty wind that hit their bodies, but of the terrible scent it spread wide and far... A scent that made every animal of the wild instinctively flee in panic and fear of death... Suddenly, a group of dark shadows were spotted in the rain, and they were soon backed up by more and more of their kind. They formed a wall, and marched towards the heavily outnumbered forces of the Kingdoms of Men. Terrible roars came out of their opened mouths.
They were here... As the shadows became more clearly visible, the soldiers could see what monsters they had to fight. The beasts, now standing only half a mile away from them, looked vicious and terrible. Their skulls were curved backwards, giving them a flat forehead, and less space for the brain, so it was smaller than that of men. Terribly sharp teeth filling all of their mouth could penetrate any flesh and tear it off until only bone was left. A copper-brown skin they all had was tough, and hard to penetrate.
terribly sharp nails came out of their strong hands. Being a foot larger than the average human, they were very large, sturdy, strong and wielded strange-looking large two-handed broadswords, one handed longswords, spears, axes and pikes. They had armor consisting of all kinds of mail, plate and leather protection, scraped together of everything they could find during their raids and remade into their kind of weaponry. But all these things were not what made them powerful, sheer numbers were.
Thirty-thousand Svorrog, as they were called in the language of men, marched onward.

'Soldiers! We are here to make sure these beasts will not get any further into the realms of men! We will no longer stand idly by while these creatures of darkness burn our farm plots, spoil our wells, loot our homes and rape our women!' Shouted the general of the small ten-thousand strong human army which mostly consisted of frightened peasants, called upon the defense of the kingdoms. 'We are here, so that Ieon will not fall! We are here, so that the Neverending Light will shine on, just as bright as it always did!' 'Yes!!' The men on their turn screamed across the fields. 'For the Realms, for Ieon, but most of all for the Neverending Light and it's gods!!'
Many warcries they screamed, and then, the men charged. Both armies closed in on each other... The Priests of Light shouted some words and a heavenly light broke through the clouds and darkness... The Shamans of the Svorrog screamed words in an unknown language and poured ash on the ground in front of them, The darkness their army stood in became unnatural, as this 'level' of darkness could normally not be possible to achieve without divine powers at work...

Here would be the most important fight in the history of Ieon,
two armies, both blessed by their gods, one moving through the darkness, the other through the light,
one fully geared for war, the other heavily outnumbered.
Then, the waves of Men and Svorrog collided...

so, what did you guys make???

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: February 27, 2011, 05:09:50 pm »

low humming and the sounds of pumps were echoing through the enormous hall. Barely lit at all through the status lights of the apparitons the fetuses swam almost undisturbed in the large artificial uteras which a thousand per uterus shared. An enormous superplacenta at the ground of these "ponds" was providing them through snaking black tubes with oxygen and artificial breast milk. Swimming freely around they almost looked like they would play with each other. The eerie silence was broken by the sound of footsteps on metal. A large broad officer in the uniform of the Birthing Corps was staring at his clipboard while standing in front of the ponds. Behind him another man in a quiet simple, yet expensive looking garment showing clearly his noble heritage was standing in solemn silence. The officer was muttering to himself while checking something on his clipboard. While walking past the infants, the almost ghostly stillness of the  greenish fluid of the uterus was destroyed by sudden movements: a large figure was pulling himself out of the tank in something that looked like strange mix of a diving- and an EVA-suit. The soaking wet figure closed in to the officer and the noble and removed the hood/helmet-like garment that enclosed its head.

Fritz i adjusted the oxygen valve at C-113 a bit, he had low oxygen readings.

Now turning to the noble the man in the Eva-suit grinned from under his grey well-trimmed beard.

Eldred! It must have been nearly a decade! What brings you down here to the Birthing facilities?

the large blond noble betrayed a small uplifting of the corners of his mouth

Dr.DeMorrs, you know very well why i am here. Our customer is demanding even more troops and i am here to ensure that the numbers of our brothers are ever increasing. And anyway that was only 5 years ago...

The grin vanished rapidly, DeMorrs had worked for House Crow or rather the Crow Guard for the last twenty years and he knew that failure was not acceptable anywhere in their rows.

Yes, of course! We raised the production at least by 10 percent my liege. This Regiment here is almost ready for decantation! Since we increased the time between pollination and decantation to 21 months, they grow faster, learn better and overall capacity lies 150% over that of an normal soldier

The doctor waved towards the enormous tank, were some of the infants had already reached an state far too large for a normal human baby.

This is all well and good DeMorrs but that is something you already told me last time i was here. And to be frank, one Regiment will surely not quench the demands of our customers, they ordered 25 and not one.

The doctor was paling a bit, but then regained posture. Never show weakness in front of a Crow...

Of course my liege! As you surely have already noted we have more than one Regiment at a time in production and currently we have 4 Regiments ready for decantation needless to say that just yesterday we have already harvested the one.

Still dressed in the soaking suit the doctor left the Officer of the Birthing Corps to his clipboard and led the noble away.

After several minutes the Doctor led him to a large mess hall where several hundred soldiers with gas masks stood in formation. A soldier in the slightly more decorated uniform of a Feldwebel was standing in front of several hundred creches.

Alpha-Company you are now responsible for the education,upbringing and training of these assigned infants. They are your half-brothers, so care for them and treat them as they were your own. Should the infants deemed not sufficiently educated at the age of 4 you and your child will be found "NSS" Non-sufficient-standard and summarily executed.
Assignment finished, grab your designated brothers and give them a name if you wish.

While waving at the soldiers he continued his explanations.

The newly decantated regiment gets immediately assigned to their larger brothers and...

You are boring me with information i already know first-hand DeMorrs. tell me something i didn't knew up to now...

Ah yes of course...i-i-i forgot that you were...

a piercing glare turns the skin of the doctor almost white as wax.

i-i-i m-m-mean of course are one of the Crow Guard. Well i will lead you to Regiment C-5, which is currently in the Educational-phase. Through enhanced genetic treatments and by increasing the tolerance for growth hormones in the gene-seed we were able to...

another glare stopped the explanations of the doctor immediately

I am not interested in your explanations DeMorrs, i am here to see outcomes. Time is of essence and you know that. By next month House Stahlheim ordered 5 new regiments and i am willing to give them to them.

Without another word the doctor lead the noble away...

...They reached the training facilities of the almost ready trained regiments. In a large gym hall several soldiers in full uniform were doing Close-Combat exercises.

DeMorrs i said i wanted to see your outcomes not some soldiers honing their close-quarter-skills...

a sly grin escaped the doctor

But these are the outcomes Lord Crow. These "soldiers" are actually just 14 years old. As i already told you our improvements in the gene therapies and with the growth hormones allowed us to increase overall growth of the specimens they have reached with 14 the physical and mental status of an 21 old average Crow Guard Soldier. These men are issued next week their own "Children" and in 4 years they are ready for deployment.

For the first time since the beginning of the meeting a look of respect and awe entered the face of the nobleman.

Of course 30 Regiments are currently ready for deployment, my liege as i was well aware of your high standards...

The doctor led the noble to an elevator which brought them back to he surface of the planet, after a short walk the ended on a balcony overlooking the Spaceport of the Facility. In well arrayed formations a regiment was entering an Surtr-Class Cruiser while next to them an Pioneer Battallion moved heavy breaching drills and palettes loaded with massive artillery rounds ,whose "ATTENTION: CHEMICAL HAZARD TARFIC-9" signs could be made out even from the balcony, into the cargohold.

As i told you, Lord Crow we are just on schedule...

OOC: i personally find it somewhat bad need far more refining but meh...any way im still somewhat unsure what to take...maybe a God of Atrocity!

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: February 27, 2011, 05:11:41 pm »

Solid wall of text form, there was a break in there somewhere but I have forgotten where...

Vague and undefined, just like the rules.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: February 27, 2011, 07:19:09 pm »

Mine was kind of silly.

All of you are incredibly serious.

Spoiler: Silly (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2736 on: February 27, 2011, 07:20:43 pm »

It may be crap, it may be good. I honestly can't tell. I banged it out in about 40 minutes including editing. I didn't want to spend longer on it because that is probably the length of time I'll be able to devote to posts if I do play. Anything more than that wouldn't be a good indication of my posting quality. Enjoy!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: February 27, 2011, 08:16:31 pm »

Alas, I wasn't able to apply in time (auditions got in the way), but good luck and much fun to those who made it through!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: February 27, 2011, 09:31:32 pm »

I can't find the entry I wrote up on my computer, but Caesar should still have a copy. If you could, would you post that for me?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: February 27, 2011, 09:35:20 pm »

I'll be content with watching, I guess.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: February 27, 2011, 09:49:02 pm »

Woot! Apocolypse, here we come!

...subtly, of course.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: February 27, 2011, 10:16:50 pm »

Did anyone but me do something that wasn't dead serious?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: February 27, 2011, 10:31:06 pm »

Alas, I wasn't able to apply in time (auditions got in the way), but good luck and much fun to those who made it through!
Same here, got too busy with other things over the past week. Ah well, maybe I'll apply later, it things slow down enough.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2743 on: February 27, 2011, 11:00:07 pm »

Did anyone but me do something that wasn't dead serious?
Does it matter?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: February 28, 2011, 01:28:25 am »

Ehh.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 193