Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 193

Author Topic: Godhood III OOC Thread  (Read 108210 times)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III OOC Thread
« Reply #2280 on: December 21, 2010, 03:41:19 pm »

There's no repercussions, most of the time.

And he was trapped into that stone for doing an act that required multiple acts while he had NO ACTS AT ALL.

Yes. Doing that angers the dietical overseer. And the dietical overseer is similar to your RNG, so.. Bad idea.

You typo-ed the word 'Remorse', though. Made it sound like some berserking person choking on a chicken bone.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 03:45:23 pm by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
  • Goddess of Earth, Awakener of the Primordial
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: December 21, 2010, 04:09:12 pm »

Fixed. I must have overlooked that one.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: December 21, 2010, 04:34:28 pm »

Fixed. I must have overlooked that one.
Your post is really good.
I've read it completely now, and I must say: That's the kind of posts I need.

Glad to see yet another player capable of making them.
Welcome to Godhood!
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: December 21, 2010, 04:49:14 pm »

So, what exactly did you do to the ley-lines? Are they now totally incompatible with ritual magic, or only diminished? Or a simpler question: What does this mean for the wizards of the Tower? They draw power from crystallized magic condensed at the intersections of the ley-lines, not the lines themselves.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: December 21, 2010, 04:50:55 pm »

Oh there'll be more! I've been sitting on them for a couple weeks now. Got another ready to go but I'm trying to hold it back until others have posted.

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: December 21, 2010, 05:04:03 pm »

So, what exactly did you do to the ley-lines? Are they now totally incompatible with ritual magic, or only diminished? Or a simpler question: What does this mean for the wizards of the Tower? They draw power from crystallized magic condensed at the intersections of the ley-lines, not the lines themselves.

I took the liberty of assuming the lines ran through the earth as well around it. Neshara's birth has wrenched the lines that run through the earth and by some divine transmutation turned them into metaphysical "veins" for her living earth. I envision the lines still running through the earth but as a twisted mass of energy lines rather than a uniform web they were before. The regular ley lines still run around and above the earth. Ritual Magic would have seen a momentary blip where things suddenly went wrong but would have quickly fixed itself as the lines re-conected across the world. I don't think the crystals would be affected, the lines would still produce those at their intersections.

I know this is a big move especially for a new god but I couldn't ignore an opportunity to mesh the actions of the other gods with my vision for Neshara. Plus it add's a little drama for the magic gods to sink their teeth into!

I see magic beneath the earth being more "wild" or "primordial" in nature than the magic being used up top. Perhaps it's similar to (or the same as) Aaseral's Life Magic or maybe it's something else entirely, only time (and writing) will tell.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: December 21, 2010, 05:11:39 pm »

For those curious it is a tuning fork. Two prongs, same fork.

Have I mentioned I like the word Fork?

Also:

The fork is a metaphor. Something is happening to Carmanthyre and it's going to (hopefully) make a bit more plot. Becuase we totally did not have enough already with the seige at Dordrath.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: December 21, 2010, 06:11:49 pm »

so just that i get that right... when the ley-lines were formerly (beneath the earth) something like a net:

##########################

(connect the spaces with lines) they are now twisted into veins? so at some points i might find a enormous concentration of ley-lines and at others i find basically no magical...whatever to draw from...?

Oh and Demantiae i just started playing Alpha Centauri again because of your post... :P

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: December 21, 2010, 07:18:40 pm »

so just that i get that right... when the ley-lines were formerly (beneath the earth) something like a net:

(connect the spaces with lines) they are now twisted into veins? so at some points i might find a enormous concentration of ley-lines and at others i find basically no magical...whatever to draw from...?

Oh and Demantiae i just started playing Alpha Centauri again because of your post... :P

Think of the lines as very loosely following the pattern of veins and arteries in a living body, so some would be thick and strong and others tiny and weak. Most porbably link up and form a complete system, some might not though. Maybe they even move over time? Just think of them as less rigid and more alive. Those burrowing creatures might well find a nice concentration if they're magically sensitive, it would however require different techniques to maniuplate the magic than the Ritual Magic of the mages.

What about the post reminded you of Alpha Centauri? That's one of my all-time favourite games. I've always wanted to run a PBEM version of that game (the GURPS: Alpha Centauri book has a lot of good info that can be used to flesh out such a game).

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: December 21, 2010, 10:48:50 pm »

Would you be angry if Magus came down to see just what the HELL just happened to his creation? Not that it will change my action, but i'm just wondering.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: December 21, 2010, 11:21:08 pm »

I think I'll use the visions from Neshara's creation as inspiration for Akiel once he awakens. Depending on the situation, I may have him wake this turn, or if he's not required, next one. This will be big.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: December 22, 2010, 08:28:50 am »

If you wanna come down and check things out that's fine but try not to interact with Neshara just yet (best to try and be discrete about your investigations). I'm playing Neshara as being completely unaware of anything right now, like a new born child (only with godlike intelligence). She's slowly starting to sense whats in the earth and working her way up. Suddenly seeing a bunch of gods running around the core of the world might be traumatic!

I think I'll post my next piece now as it's meant to spark some interaction and I doubt I'll be able to post or read at all the entire christmas weekend.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: December 22, 2010, 10:16:26 am »

well the whole planet coming to consciousness thing reminded me of it...but i have quite an interesting idea for those veins....

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2293 on: December 22, 2010, 10:16:56 am »

well the whole planet coming to consciousness thing reminded me of it...but i have quite an interesting idea for those veins....
LEECHES

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: December 22, 2010, 11:31:52 am »

Just remember this magic is alive. Whilst the magic of the Mage gods binds and controls the forces of the world for their users own ends this magic unleashes the forces inherent in the world. It's users would convince the forces to bend to their desire for a time or open themselevs up to it's raw power. Think along the lines of Intuition vs Rationality, Chaneling vs Invocation, Spirit Comunion vs Diagrams and Circles. If the Murr started using this as a source of magic they're likely to be filled with life energy, being more energetic, passionate and desireous to live. They'd probably feel more empathetic to other creatures, in a good or bad way (compassion or jealousy) Likely their hunger would become uncontrolable! As Mr Iggy Pop would say they would have a Lust for Life! Interpret that as you will...  ;D

Eventually Neshara might teach some followers aspects of this magic (I have many idea's floating around) but that's some ways off yet, she needs worshipers first! Whilst I'm kind of hoping that she could use the Heart of the World Reborn as an extra source of power without the little people to pray to her she's nothing.

Folks should feel free to add their own ingredients to the pot that is this primordial magic. I've purposefully left it vague and undefined. I like to play off and adapt to others idea's as much as I like creating my own things.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 193