Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 193

Author Topic: Godhood III OOC Thread  (Read 108434 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III OOC Thread
« Reply #1980 on: November 26, 2010, 05:12:22 pm »

Holy crap. Massive thread jump is massive.

Hi dementia! That's your new nickname. Dementia. Fits nicely with Carmanthyres old Mania memories.

I'm not sure how I'd go about getting some allies. What I do know is that I'm going to probably have to kill the Minotaur, which will suck since he would be a massive help in the coming days ahead.

Also, I spent five days with caesars job.

I cried.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: November 26, 2010, 05:13:24 pm »

Don't exaggerate.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
  • Goddess of Earth, Awakener of the Primordial
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: November 26, 2010, 06:39:13 pm »

Hi dementia! That's your new nickname. Dementia. Fits nicely with Carmanthyres old Mania memories.

That's the origin of the name. I wanted to use Dementia for my first email address many many moons ago. I was beaten to it and refused to use a name with numbers in it!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: November 26, 2010, 07:34:17 pm »

No, don't wait 'til next turn!  Iituem has been very, very busy with rehearsals and work and such the last two days.  When he actually has energy (and stops referring to himself in the third person) he'll get some posts up tonight.

Also, you could wait until someone else gets the sphere of Blood, then seduce them and steal it, getting both Seduction and Blood or something craaaazy like that.  ;D

Actually, because I created the Trothstone and Jack's Covenant expressly so that I could empower mortals under very restricted conditions (murder in explicit service to, or dedicate murders to Jack) I don't think I've used any acts this turn.  Estriss isn't really my puppet in the way Eowen is Carmanthyre's, she really can just betray me.*

I reckon I can probably burn 3 in the next 3 posts, though.  Stay tuned.

*Acting through mortals is extremely fun, and potentially cheap.  On the other hand it puts you completely at Caesar's mercy as both the inclination and ability to succeed at whatever task you appoint them is dependent upon that mortal/group of mortals.  They might screw it up, or they might just decide not to do it after all.  If you want to force something and be guaranteed of its success, spend Acts.

Edit:  Uhhh, this isn't going to sound good.  Murder, Hunting, Knives and now Heroism (shared with Carmanthyre).  Jack deals on a very mortal level, but his dedicated worship base is always going to be small because of how focused his spheres are.  On the other hand, since worship of Jack comes in very high intensity situations it's probably worth more so it balances.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: November 26, 2010, 07:57:15 pm »

Eowel's not actually as much of a puppet as you seem to think. In fact, once the Battle starts I have a few plans...

No... Not yet. Secrets remain sekrets.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: November 26, 2010, 08:52:10 pm »

Heh.....

Demantiae

\DIH-mahn-chee-ey\

make it plural and you got the munchies!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: November 27, 2010, 05:15:55 am »

Out of curiousity, which Godhood do you think is better?

I like Amparos less than Coradin, but overall I think this world/the gods are much more fun to play with. Astra'ath in the first was awesome, but you couldn't really have a war against another player. Nobody could really attack him directly. Here we have mortals fighting eachother, which I feel is easier for the players.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: November 27, 2010, 07:03:17 am »

I like the increased focus of scope.  With a system full of planets (and later, multiple systems!) it really cut down on the ability of different creations to interact without divine or heavy technological intervention.  One of the things I do like about the current Godhood is that newly created races start from scratch - no technology or culture, just their biological advantages.  Having everything work on a smaller scale also really allows for more detail and a more mortal (and hence relatable) focus on things.

I am having a lot of fun playing Jack for the same reasons I picked that god of heroism in the first game; everything gets shunted down to a very personal perspective.  On the other hand, it's awesome seeing Titans like Amparos, Kastheen and the Frostlord that are almost alien to humanity, that take much more after their respective forces of nature than any human aspect.  Compare the younger gods (almost Olympian in nature) from the intensely personal and indeed child-like Carmanthyre to the personal yet nevertheless alien in his single-minded encompassment of Hunger, the Maw.  Contrast again another alien younger god, the Wanderer, who whilst taking many aspects from humanity is defined by his removal from the world.

Having mortals fight each other is a lot of fun, and I wanted to try and manage that sort of detail in the second game but I wasn't up to the challenge.  The whole idea of escalation appeals to me as a good reason why the gods don't just duke it out repeatedly where the affairs of mortals are concerned - even if they care about these mortal beings, once they duke it out pretty much everything goes to hell on both sides.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1988 on: November 27, 2010, 07:14:47 am »

once they duke it out pretty much everything goes to hell on both sides.
So true. Imagine the gods of winter and water fighting.

The world would quickly become a flooded, frozen wasteland.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: November 27, 2010, 07:18:10 am »

Or, yknow, you could take it outside.....

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1990 on: November 27, 2010, 07:19:04 am »

Outside the world? Where I have no power?

No.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: November 27, 2010, 07:54:33 am »

I personally prefer this Godhood more as well.
Not only because it is more manageable, but also because a tinier scope gives me more to do and interact with during the times that the other Gods sleep.

Of course I miss my mischievous Xarn and the master plan I had him brewing out, but sometimes sacrifices must be made.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: November 27, 2010, 10:00:59 am »

As for gods, I have been playing the same god FOR ALL THE ****ING GAMES, including the game which INSPIRED Godhood in the first place!

Although, admittingly, Aarrook will be less passive like he was... trust me, I have a plan for all the species of the world, and none of you have catched on at all.

As for the actual game, I like this Godhood the most. Since no matter what EVERYONE made a planet in the previous ones, it was hard to keep track. Also, I guess the fact we went from swords to guns next to instantly didn't help with the flow of things back then.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: November 27, 2010, 10:03:36 am »

As for gods, I have been playing the same god FOR ALL THE ****ING GAMES, including the game which INSPIRED Godhood in the first place!

Although, admittingly, Aarrook will be less passive like he was... trust me, I have a plan for all the species of the world, and none of you have catched on at all.

As for the actual game, I like this Godhood the most. Since no matter what EVERYONE made a planet in the previous ones, it was hard to keep track. Also, I guess the fact we went from swords to guns next to instantly didn't help with the flow of things back then.

Right now everybody is making a race of their own. Same thing. ;)
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1994 on: November 27, 2010, 10:08:28 am »

Since no matter what EVERYONE made a planet in the previous ones
Not quite. I was playing AS a planet, but never actually made one.

I did eat one though.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 193