Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dear Diary...  (Read 1189 times)

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
Dear Diary...
« on: August 23, 2010, 06:18:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dear Diary,

Today it seems I am back in the room. But I think that today, I will feel brave enough to explore. As always, there's a deep hole on my right side and a rope going straight up on my left. At least, I think it's right and left. Maybe it's left and right? What about up and down? Well whatever, I guess it doesn't matter.

I check the walls as always. Of course, they're still made of the weird plastic stuff. The same as every day, I look for my hole. It's just big enough to fit my gum. I take another piece, and plop it in my mouth. For some reason, it always seems to last a long time. I put the rest of the gum in my pocket, like always. I still wonder how I wind up in here, as I can never find a door.

I walk over to the hole in the ground. Whevever I mention it to my friends, they look at me in a weird way. The same thing with the rope. They seem to act as if it's not even there! Though sometimes, it feels to me that they're not there either. But when my friends come, it seems they magically come back.

I think about exploring again, and I'm starting to like the idea. It would be nice to see what else there is besides this room. Maybe one of my friends live somewhere around here? If so, I bet they'll be glad to see my again. But now, I wonder what I should do...

Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 08:18:20 pm by eclipsetail »

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Diary...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 06:27:00 pm »

Look down the hole, see if the bottom is near enough, or if there is something to climb down.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 06:29:31 pm »

Being curious, I look down the hole. It seems it's too deep to see the bottom. I think I could probably use the rope to get down, but then I might not be able to head up. And what if my friends live up there? When they come to visit, how will they get back?! I don't think I should use it.

I think about jumping, but it doesn't seem too much like a good idea. I have no clue how deep it is, and I'd rather not get hurt. But if I need to, maybe I'd get lucky. I continue to wonder what to do...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 06:38:12 pm by eclipsetail »

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 07:03:36 pm »

Try to climb try rope.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 07:50:24 pm »

I think about climbing the rope. It seems like the only logical thing to do. As I climb, I find it's longer than I thought. When I reach the top, I am suprised by my surroundings. It looks like a forest. I am confused how a forest could grow above a room like I was in. Even more suprising, when I look up, I see the sky. It has the sun, clouds, and everything a normal sky has.

There's trees upon trees around. Some of them have fruit, which is good incase I get hungry, I guess. There seems to be some small tunnels, maybe home to some wild animals. I am still completely confused.

Now that I've calmed down a bit, I look around more. There's a few branches on the ground, as well as leaves. Most of the ground is covered in tall grass. I think about plucking some to play with, and then remember I'm trying to explore. It seems that I could head either left or right from here, still possibly north or south. And of course, I could probably go back to my room, as I'm now going to call the plastic room.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 12:33:40 am »

Gather some fruit and neatly place it in your room. Also venture northward a little bit, scuffling your feet in the grass to leave a trail.

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 03:57:16 am »

Try to find something that can be used as a weapon
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 08:14:45 am »

I consider grabbing some fruit, and decide it might be a good idea. Though when I try climbing one of the fruity trees, I find they're too tall. I wish I was stronger, or maybe even taller. The fruits look so delicious.

I look around for a weapon, though I don't know why I'd need one. I don't think my friends would want me to bring a weapon into their house. It doesn't matter though, since the closest thing I can find to a weapon is a long stick.

I head north, or maybe right, and try to leave a trail by stomping down the grass. It slightly works, but it's not that recognisable. After walking quite a bit, I reach another crossroad. This time there's two paths, one right and left. Though there's also a small cabin in the center of the clearing.

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 09:04:49 am »

Hide and see if something appears...
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 02:29:14 pm »

Hm...
Recall all you know about fighting witches, check if the cabin is made of candy and make a more noticable path back by ripping up grass. use said grass to create makeshift clothes because you are obviously naked, seeing as you don't have any in your inventory.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 02:41:38 pm »

Hm...
Recall all you know about fighting witches, check if the cabin is made of candy and make a more noticable path back by ripping up grass. use said grass to create makeshift clothes because you are obviously naked, seeing as you don't have any in your inventory.

The inventory are thing's you're carrying.
and...
wut?

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 03:24:18 pm »

It's a childrens tale, a pretty dark one too, about wandering into strangers homes... it's pretty complicated, and very dark...

so at any rate, that is dumb.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 07:25:40 pm »

So s/he is wearing clothes?

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 08:16:35 pm »

I try hiding behind a bush. For some reason, I just felt the urge. I'm dissapointed that nothing happens. Instead, I go to check out the cabin. It's made of wood and doesn't look very safe. The door is wide open, and there are no windows in sight. Behind the back is another door, but this one is tightly shut.

Spoiler: story so far (click to show/hide)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 08:23:25 pm »

ehh...
procede west. brandish your stick at the slight fluctuation in the environment. also, gather a lot of grass.
Pages: [1] 2