Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 118450 times)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #765 on: August 26, 2010, 05:16:01 am »

Bloody murder and torture make me HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

I have a suggestion for a Skitzoprheinic (or however you spell it) hallucination, Your character thinking he is a secret agent and everybody else are trying to kill him

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 26, 2010, 05:33:16 am »

Schizophrenic.

That was the most creative misspelling of schizophrenic I have ever seen.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 26, 2010, 06:26:45 am »

well this thread is certainly

popular
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 26, 2010, 06:47:31 am »

Dude, Dwarf Fortress board.  Thread about a new roguelike with realistic bodily harm.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 26, 2010, 06:47:44 am »

Damn it, thanks to this thread and my lack of self control I'm now going to get less than fours hours of sleep...
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 26, 2010, 06:55:26 am »

Uh...why are you even TRYING to defend this game? When you get people posting...

Mass murder makes me hhaaapppppyyy
Dead bodies make me hhaaapppppyyyy

And suggesting lots of horrible and tasteless stuff for giggles...uh...yeah. You know I'm freaked out that this thread is so log without any actual game release, just people talking about their stupid fanasties.

And you know what, Inetlolor? If a game like this have no purpose other than acting as a literal murder simulator, i'm sorry, but that's a far more damning criticism of the game. There are games like dwarf fortress, or gta, or mercenaries, or swat, or whatever, that ALREADY do the same thing, so why are you making a silly clone? SK is different however due to an insanity system, and more features are likely in the works...as long as he sticks to innovation as opposed to tasteless gimmicks, things should be fine.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 26, 2010, 07:01:03 am »

Wordywordywords

You might want to look up what a clone means.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 26, 2010, 07:07:57 am »

Wordywordywords

You might want to look up what a clone means.

You know what would be fun, cloning yourself and horribly mutilating your clone.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 26, 2010, 07:10:43 am »

Then cloning the mutilated clone!

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 26, 2010, 07:11:01 am »

Someone is super serious
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 26, 2010, 07:12:40 am »

Seriously sarcastic  8)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 26, 2010, 07:13:12 am »

And you know what, Inetlolor? If a game like this have no purpose other than acting as a literal murder simulator, i'm sorry, but that's a far more damning criticism of the game. There are games like dwarf fortress, or gta, or mercenaries, or swat, or whatever, that ALREADY do the same thing, so why are you making a silly clone?

Wait, man. So you're saying that murder simulators are okay as long as they claim not to be murder simulators?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 26, 2010, 08:00:32 am »

There was a game in development about the dc sniper that was forced to be scrapped due to outrage and pressure. It was to be a commercial title, but it is still a precedent and a valid argument for not blowing up the publicity on this project.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JFK:_Reloaded
It was actually released, the bullet physics are amazing.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 26, 2010, 08:59:45 am »

If this topic continues to stay on the first page from the time it takes for CR to release the first alpha, then we all have a problem. Occasional news or ideas after certain periods of time are but, seriously guys! We can satiate our serial killer lust with various modes of DF!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 26, 2010, 09:05:24 am »

Quote from: GI thread about it
There does need to be some care in which these games are handled.  I think that many people could enjoy delving into the mind of a psychopath.  But, at the same time the game cannot be filled with senseless killings.  The way the game above plays seems a little too close to just find someone and kill them for no reason.  I know these murderers did kill for no aparent reason but to them there was one and i think the game needs to portray that properly. 

The idea of creating a character I believe is too far for this genre.  Yes many of the gamers that play this will be adults but still, you cannot avoid children getting hold of a game like this.  I am a firm believer in parents taking the initiative in the games their kids play but this one is an exception to that rule.  Being able to create your own character may be too impressionable for young children. 

I believe that to do this right you need to stick with historical killers and their victims.  In the sense of good taste all names besides those of the killers should be changed to protect those families affected by the real crimes.  Keep it a linear story, no sandbox gameplay here.  And make it obvious that your character isn't the "hero" of the game.  The developers of future games like these need to really research the events that took place to get the true feeling of a serial killer. 

I believe that with the right mind and the right tools a game could be based on serial killers and be done tastefully without harming the people involved.  I have personally been coming up with ideas for a horror game based on H.H. Holmes.  Hopefully it will make the cover of this magazine someday.
He's missing the point of a roguelike entirely, in fact it seems like most of the people on that board have never even heard of roguelikes, the graphics aren't "old" they allow for more time to be spent on the game, which, IMO is infinitily more important than graphics.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 73