Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 118777 times)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #495 on: August 24, 2010, 10:11:37 pm »

How Ironic! Err, ignorance is bliss.
Hello Hunam

dbfuru

• Bay Watcher
  • TRICKINGGG
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube -Videos of my tricking progression-
« Reply #496 on: August 24, 2010, 10:19:15 pm »

Well if he does give up on it I hope he'd release whatever he did and also maybe the source code.

Anyway I don't want to jinx it, I'm really looking forward to this game, it's so unique.

Edit - I am aware that the dev has shown no intention of giving up, but this idea is just so good that in the even that such a travesty happens, that the code would be released so someone could continue work on it instead of letting it evaporate.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 11:15:44 pm by dbfuru »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 24, 2010, 10:22:01 pm »

He's given no indication of giving up on it. This whole idea has been created from our collective parinoia.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 24, 2010, 10:33:38 pm »

Indeed, we are a superstitious and cowardly highly paranoid lot.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 24, 2010, 10:38:27 pm »

My toes are plotting my demise.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 24, 2010, 10:38:55 pm »

My computer has a demon living inside it that will eat my family.
Hello Hunam

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 24, 2010, 10:40:06 pm »

There are crazy people inside my potato chips. But I showed them who's boss.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 24, 2010, 10:45:06 pm »

I can't wait until I can put on a clown outfit and drive around in an Ice Cream Truck, killing people and then storing them in the freezer.

Also, it might be cool if, after a murder, you can buy a newspaper from somewhere and it'll give you details of the investigation of the murder.

And depending on how detailed the the item manipulations/crafting mechanics in the game are, I might decide that every game of mine will need me filleting my victims alive, and then making a human skin suit to go out on the town with.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 24, 2010, 10:47:39 pm »

Also, it might be cool if, after a murder, you can buy a newspaper from somewhere and it'll give you details of the investigation of the murder.

Or watching TV, noticing the minute "mistakes" that the Police allow the newsmen to report. This ought to drive you into a berserk rage, because if you're the serial killer type that is doing it out of some exhibitionist impulse, the people "getting it wrong" or "missing the point" could get you angry and sloppy, giving you penalties.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 24, 2010, 10:54:57 pm »

The dev said there are different kinds of killers.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

dbfuru

• Bay Watcher
  • TRICKINGGG
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube -Videos of my tricking progression-
« Reply #505 on: August 24, 2010, 11:02:53 pm »

That newspaper idea should definitely be implemented, it's a small addition but it's the little things that add so much flavour. I'm sure it's possible, there is a basic model of it in Liberal Crime Squad. It's pretty basic but adds that little bit extra.

It usually consists of a headline "LCS STRIKES AGAIN" or similar and the detail is generated on what you got up to. It's basic but I think that sort of thing would work in this game.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 24, 2010, 11:04:33 pm »

There are crazy people inside my potato chips. But I showed them who's boss.

Well done, ser. Not everyone can handle dozens, if not hundreds of potato demons all at the same time.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 24, 2010, 11:23:11 pm »

im really looking foward to playing this game when its finished or at least a alpha version to play around in

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 24, 2010, 11:26:48 pm »

I notice that, in the demo video, the police arrived VERY quickly. Like, immediately after the crime was committed. Now, I don't know if there was some sort of time skip due to him trying to cut the guy's arm off with a razor blade, or if the guy's scream reached the ears of policemen that just so happened to be strolling by, but it would be a tad unnerving if the police response time always meant you had to make every murder a five-minute job if they manage to cry for help.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 24, 2010, 11:30:35 pm »

I notice that, in the demo video, the police arrived VERY quickly. Like, immediately after the crime was committed. Now, I don't know if there was some sort of time skip due to him trying to cut the guy's arm off with a razor blade, or if the guy's scream reached the ears of policemen that just so happened to be strolling by, but it would be a tad unnerving if the police response time always meant you had to make every murder a five-minute job if they manage to cry for help.

That was a place holder police system for demo purposes. They will behave much, much more realistically in the full version.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 73