Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 118715 times)

commondragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #465 on: August 24, 2010, 07:12:45 pm »

During the time it took me to read the 31 pages of this thread, it has not reached the next page.

I am disappoint.  What happened to page 50?

Edit: Holy shit I just jumped it to the next page complaining about the lack of it.

I MUST BE A WIZARD
WheEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 24, 2010, 07:13:55 pm »

We need more screenshots to keep the momentum up. Srsly, I want this game.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 24, 2010, 08:22:36 pm »

I have a suggestion, a paranoia level of the public, the more murders you do the more paranoid people are get, my suggestions to paranoia are:

level 1) People getting home security systems and better locks

level 2)People buying guns and being more alert

level 3)People who can afford it buying body guards in case of you breaking in

level 4)Police patrol the streets looking for any sign of suspicious people

level 5)People being MUCH more paranoid about strangers (if seduction or persuasion to make people follow you is put in than this level of paranoia should make it impossible for the PC to do that)

level 6) People stocking up on ammo,food and guns

Level 7) Looting starts and religious groups saying that you are an agent of god here to bring the apocolypse.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 24, 2010, 08:28:04 pm »

You'd have to put those higher levels into really extreme levels of murder to make it even kind of realistic. I've never heard of a single serial killer causing looting.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 24, 2010, 08:30:51 pm »

Yeah I agree with that.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 24, 2010, 08:35:46 pm »

I figure 4 would happen before 1, also, tbh.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 24, 2010, 08:38:58 pm »

Sod it, all this talk about murder is making it so boring and blase.

What we need? A Reporter-class, whose main goal is to find out where a serial killer is going to strike, interview the murder victim before the murder takes place, take photographs of the serial killer when he is serially killing, interview the serial killer afterwards (offering him media publicity if he doesn't kill you too), and then publish a long string of articles.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 24, 2010, 08:42:10 pm »

Yeah, 1-5 would probably happen at around the same time, probably to a small extent as soon as it got there was a murder in town, and especially by the second hit.

6 would be confined to rednecks and people who would probably be stocking up without a serial killer, and 7 is completely ridiculous.  That would only happen if you went on an apocalyptic GTA-style killing spree with a bodycount in the hundreds, and it sounds like this game is going to be too realistic for that.
Shoes...

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 24, 2010, 08:46:01 pm »

Yeah, 1-5 would probably happen at around the same time, probably to a small extent as soon as it got there was a murder in town, and especially by the second hit.

6 would be confined to rednecks and people who would probably be stocking up without a serial killer, and 7 is completely ridiculous.  That would only happen if you went on an apocalyptic GTA-style killing spree with a bodycount in the hundreds, and it sounds like this game is going to be too realistic for that.
What if you killed THOUSANDS of people and didn't get caught?

Also the paranoia of the public should go down if someone sees your face or the police do a manhunt

I have another suggestion, bounties:If the police haven't caught you in a certain amount of time but have a picture of your face (probably obtained from a witness with a camera) they will put out a bounty on you :D

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 24, 2010, 08:46:43 pm »

It would depend on how big the town is your targetting. I see 1-3, 5-7 being disassociated with 4, with all of them factored into the size of the city your in.

For example, a town of 1000 people suddenly has 3 brutal murders, your liable to have an impromptu militia form to deal with the problem, whereas in a city of 1 million, a few more deaths is just a drop in a bucket.

Likewise, cops in small towns tend to have more time and energy, as well as a higher proportion of the populace, so in small towns they'll be actively patrolling after incidents, if only because the mayor told them to.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 24, 2010, 08:51:28 pm »

Small-town cops man, I swear.
Shoes...

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 24, 2010, 08:57:27 pm »

Small town cops should also have hyper powered death rays.
Hello Hunam

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 24, 2010, 08:58:33 pm »

Y'know, if there was a prolific serial killer who only struck in my area, my response wouldn't be to go out and buy a gun.  It'd be to go live somewhere else till they're caught.  I guess some sort of evacuation would kick in eventually.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 24, 2010, 08:59:44 pm »

If you kill enough people, you should risk the wrath of: Norman Jayden, FBI.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 24, 2010, 09:02:39 pm »

Indeed, we need FBI investigations.
EDIT: Also, give the FBI hyper powered death rays.
Hello Hunam
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 73