Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 118481 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2010, 08:36:29 pm »

If you don't fall into that category, then no. Otherwise, how about we meet up? >:D
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

TheCrimsonKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2010, 08:37:35 pm »

Are convoluted victim profiles going to go in? For example, a serial killer who only targets former bosses?
I think he said we can form victim profiles ourselves.

There will be range of victim profiles in different categories. You could select fat men with dark hair, or tall, attractive blondes, and you'll be able to set how vigorously your character must adhere to them, so that various penalties and adverse effects will be placed on your character if you don't kill the victims that appeal to your character.

Former bosses, no. The purpose of days jobs will be solely to earn money. You won't form relationships with coworkers or bosses.

Every time I try to reply, there's four or five new posts. My hands are dying  :-[

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2010, 08:38:21 pm »

Hey, it's cool. That's a marker of the buzz this is generating on another forum entirely, man. I wonder what it looks like on its home thread?

EDIT: So you select it at chargen, or can it develop naturally over time? For example, if your starting profile only includes Fat Men, but you start to attack Attractive Blondes, will the negative impact be permanent, or will you grow to enjoy attacking Attractive Blondes?
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2010, 08:38:55 pm »

Likes to kill Tall attractive blonde girls.

this'll be fun.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2010, 08:40:37 pm »

If you don't fall into that category, then no. Otherwise, how about we meet up? >:D
We have hidden smilies?
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2010, 08:42:06 pm »

This thread alone has taken TheCrimsonKing from Escaped Lunatic to Bay Watcher. O_O
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2010, 08:43:16 pm »

This thread alone has taken TheCrimsonKing from Escaped Lunatic to Bay Watcher. O_O

Is there anything after?

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2010, 08:44:04 pm »

Hey, if your fingers are dying, you're just not feeling the burn ;)

We have hidden smilies?

Evidently. >:D
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2010, 08:44:43 pm »

No, Toady doesn't believe in post count displays, which is why we don't have them. You're either escaped lunatic or Bay Watcher (I think EL is 1-5 posts, Bay Watcher is everything after that)

We have hidden smilies?

The only one I'm aware of is the devil one.

TheCrimsonKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2010, 08:45:07 pm »

To add onto the character creation question, how will development of your character work? Will it be through practicing the skill you want to get better at? Which is risky considering some of the skills could be illegal.

Most skills will improve through practice. It'll be like Dwarf Fortress in that respect. But, again, almost everything I've discussed is planned and not implemented yet, and I don't know how long it will take after the first release to get the more advanced features I've discussed into the game. It could be months, years, I don't know.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2010, 08:45:55 pm »

Lol this is going to be one of the most popular threads.

10 pages = 3 hours.

yeh....

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2010, 08:46:38 pm »

This game is officially the evilest thing I've ever seen. No, not because of what you can do in it. Because I have to wait months or more for it, and that knowledge will stay with me for the rest of my life. Until its released. Anyway, I'd like to know, can you write notes or create symbols at the scene of the murder?

And can you uhh, release the buggy version now?
Hello Hunam

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2010, 08:47:13 pm »

To add onto the character creation question, how will development of your character work? Will it be through practicing the skill you want to get better at? Which is risky considering some of the skills could be illegal.

Most skills will improve through practice. It'll be like Dwarf Fortress in that respect. But, again, almost everything I've discussed is planned and not implemented yet, and I don't know how long it will take after the first release to get the more advanced features I've discussed into the game. It could be months, years, I don't know.

Well, the video alone looks pretty cool, so keep at it! We're all rooting for you, apparently.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2010, 08:48:54 pm »

Well, the video alone looks pretty cool, so keep at it! We're all rooting for you, apparently.
Me too.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2010, 08:50:12 pm »

It could be months, years, I don't know.

Don't worry, bro, we're Dwarf Fortress players! We're used to this kind of stuff!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 73