Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 118599 times)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #675 on: August 25, 2010, 08:36:26 pm »

What a horribly written article.

Also, how much you want to bet they find this thread and report on the two-thirds or so of the thread that's four or five people going OLOL I WANT CUT KID HEAD OFF

Notice it's a copy from an Examiner article. AKA one of the terrible untrustworthy tabloids. Not really a surprise it's poorly researched :P

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 25, 2010, 08:37:06 pm »

Why even make that effort? The media might as well go off on a fully fictional tangent, like they did with Mass Effect.

ALIEN SIDEBOOB
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 25, 2010, 08:38:20 pm »

What a horribly written article.

Also, how much you want to bet they find this thread and report on the two-thirds or so of the thread that's four or five people going OLOL I WANT CUT KID HEAD OFF

Man, I'll need to double up on my human centipede jokes.

"Hey Centy, let's put on the leash, it's time to go for a walk! I promise I won't try to ride you this time."

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 25, 2010, 08:41:13 pm »

Ive never seen a sneaking based roguelike other then alibaba. Looks interesting.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 25, 2010, 08:41:29 pm »

EDIT: Some sort of anti-violence group already have their eyes on it.
Who?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 25, 2010, 08:42:30 pm »

What fucking insane anti-violence group is it?

Hugna

• Bay Watcher
  • Till the Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 25, 2010, 08:43:20 pm »

Won't make news they said.

Politics always needs something to bitch about. Do you see how many people raise the thought how violence, murder, rape, and all the common shit is blamed on video games? Sure it was a lot back then, but people don't see the fact that if you're that stupid enough to think it's okay to kill, rape, or even assault people just because you play a game, then you need to go into a damn asylum. Personally... i like playing games with violence, and violence i do... very well... but i'm not someone who goes about on a killing spree.

Besides, if anyone wants to yell about something, sooner or later, they're gonna yell at Dwarf Fortress with it's "unique... things". Being able to eat brains, perform cannibalism, and even be so invincible, you can completely cause a mass genocide on the entire world, and still continue to hold on. And as i said, sooner or later, some ass is gonna start to push it out.

Sorry for all the cursing, but i wanted to state my opinion in my own way, then try to be perfectly polite. Besides... thats what american freedom is all about anyways.

Personally, i wanna see how this game plays out. Hell, i'd even want to play it myself. But does people need to bash games just because of the things they're based upon? They're game, simulated, and unsimulated things about life, fantasy, or even sci-fi. The main function people play the games for is enjoyment... and to relieve their boredom. But when it comes to you performing murder, or even rape outside because you "thought it was cool" when playing a game, thats when you know you need help.

So yeah, if politics want to yell about something, it's the people who think it's "cool" when it happens in a game, not the games themselves

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 25, 2010, 08:49:00 pm »

Wouldn't it be cool if all of our screen names made the news?

At least neither article was freaking the fuck out. Vidjagam violence isn't really a hot topic right now, thank God. Not like they can do anything besides further alienating gamers.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 25, 2010, 08:49:50 pm »

Worse, our avatars?

...maybe I should switch to a picture that isn't me. Just in case...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 25, 2010, 08:51:26 pm »

I'm not sure if that can even be done legaly. I've forgotten most of my knowlage on privacy laws in regards to the media.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:53:37 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 25, 2010, 08:53:26 pm »

They won't, I doubt this will garner more than a passing mention on any televised news program, and that's a very generous statement.
Shoes...

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 25, 2010, 08:54:33 pm »

In some parts of the world, brains are some mighty fine good eatin'.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 25, 2010, 08:55:43 pm »

They used Crimson's name without asking, I assume.

Shit, I haven't said anything too bad. Bring it on, Fox News.

Bitch.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 25, 2010, 08:57:55 pm »

We thought that before, and now these articles popped up. I doubt the media could really understand rougelike games well enough to report on them, but they very well could try just make stuff up so that they can harm the status of gamers in society without anyone questioning it.

Honestly, if a major station really does decide to make a story on this thread, they won't have the balls to run anything but some of the more crazy sounding posts after being photoshopped. I'd sure like to see them do otherwise, but it won't happen.
No Gods, No Masters.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 25, 2010, 08:58:46 pm »

Bay12 might get a popularity boost, hah hah.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 73