Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Just a band of friends hoping to make a mark on the world  (Read 9392 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Just a band of friends hopeing to make a mark on the world
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2010, 07:49:29 am »

Le POKE.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2010, 11:51:06 am »

Le POKE.
Gah! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! I'll get onto the turn. Anyway

go back to camp and try to make booze, pot, and a pot to put it in!
Fix'd
Fix'd
Epic fix'd.
A pot to put inside a pot?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2010, 12:06:08 pm »

Le POKE.

Fix'd
Fix'd
Epic fix'd.
no, a pot to put pot and booze in.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2010, 12:25:28 pm »

Le POKE.

Fix'd
Fix'd
Epic fix'd.
Yeah, a clay pot to put alcohol and marijuana in.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2010, 01:24:27 pm »

Le POKE.

Fix'd
Fix'd
Epic fix'd.
Yeah, a clay pot to put alcohol and marijuana in.
Hmmm... I dont know...
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2010, 03:06:49 pm »

Make stockpiles!
You manage to do so.
Break open the berries, flower petals, and leaves. Smell them, then rub the juices on unprotected (unwounded) skin. If I feel a burning sensation from any of them, I'll mentally label them as "poison."
Trying the berrys only the largest types have a bitter smell. The flower petals: One smells like lavender and the other has no smell. The leaves from the stinging nettle bush smell like stinging nettles. On a unrelated note, your nose hurts and is itching.
Gather shiny things, then make a loose map using leaves as paper, crushed berries as ink, and a sharpened stick as a pen.
That should last me a couple of turns.
You manage to gather the materialsand you get rey fr making a map, usng information from your friends you add a stream and more forest. (Map will be updated on front page.)
I'm going to try to find my way through that and assume that I found no shiny stuff.
Continue work on map, stopping if a town is found.
If a town IS found, stop work and find shiny things.

Going to where you think the village is, hours later you manage to find the village, it is a small village with around 15 buildings with a couple of large buildings, around 2~3 stories. There is also a building with a forge just ouside.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I continue chopping down trees
You chop down another 2 trees tis time gtting 7 pieces of wood.
More magic!
11.22% *2.0= 22.44% 4.1% (!) After concentrating hard you can feel something, its weak and you dont know what it is but you think its mgic. (Learnt how to realise magic! Investigating objects and people will tell you how magical they are!)
Pass around weaponry, then once Nirur is reasonably sure about the possibly non-poisonous fruits, furrow a bit of ground with the stakes and plant some berries.
You manage to furrw 9 squares of groudwit the stake and you take some of the smaller berrys and plant them.
go back to camp and try to make a pot!
Tinking tat you woul like to make a pot, yu tak some reddish looking mud from the banks and returning to camp, you make a container with it. Best to let it dry first, and then se if it works.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2010, 03:10:11 pm »

Take wood to town and trade it for a pickaxe.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2010, 03:19:53 pm »

Its night. Sorry if I havent really shown it. Only a large 2~3 story building has light coming from some various windows, lots of windows. Too much for a house.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2010, 03:34:46 pm »

Time for a partially safe method of poison testing. Short of a berry that's got a high amount of concentrated poison, I should at worst get sick. Or possibly I'll turn into a ferret.
I chew one of the small berries up, spitting most of the juice out. I then try to learn magic from Exkirby.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2010, 03:47:36 pm »

Tee hee hee. This is interesting. One system that I use for magic is the natural power of the user. It seems that some of you will be possible arch magi, that is if you dont blow yourself up.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2010, 03:57:31 pm »

Magic! I must practice. 
At least until we get more items for me to stockpile.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2010, 04:02:05 pm »

Its night. Sorry if I havent really shown it. Only a large 2~3 story building has light coming from some various windows, lots of windows. Too much for a house.
Investigate large building. If there is some way to trade with the smith there, trade wood for pickaxe.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2010, 04:15:18 pm »

Magic! I must practice. 
When Exkirby shouts "MAGIC ITS SO SIMPLE!" You think, just think that exkirby might have learnt magic, taking advice from him you try magic (5%+ 22.44%= 27.44%*1.5=41.16>29.3%) You have obtained magic sensitivity! When you observe an object you see if its magical or not.)
I chew one of the small berries up, spitting most of the juice out. I then try to learn magic from Exkirby.

You try one of the small blue berrys. It tastes great! You spit the juice away anyway. Directing your efforts towards magic again you discover that Exkirby has discovered magic. You try to learn from him. 10% (You will find out later why its double Eclipsetails)+22.44=32.44%*2 (Find out later) 64.88>64.57% (Whew, close). (You have obtained magical sight! By glancing at an object or person you can deduce if its magic and how strong it is.) Why its all symple, you feel as if you dont even need to consentrate! Its just so... natural to you.
Investigate large building. If there is some way to trade with the smith there, trade wood for pickaxe.
You investigate the large building, its wooden and there is a path leading towards a sign and a door. Reading the sign you see "Wintrops inn!- Dry up and enjoy a room! You enter, seeing a bar and a couple of tables. There are not many patrons and the inn keepr was cleaning some mugs, he looks up at you and says "Your new, what can I get you?" "You ask about some trading to get a picaxe. "Well its best if you have some money, still you can barter or get the materials for making the picaxe. If you really want one, you can help us get stone to buld our homes with and carve with"

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2010, 04:18:20 pm »

Search around for magic objects, and continue practicing it!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2010, 04:22:16 pm »

Archmage potential. Squee! (Or magic berries. Either one's nice, I guess.) (Try acronym tags. They let you pack text into a tooltip, which disrupts calculations less.)

I practice trying to manipulate magic. I'll also eat one of the small blue berries, not spitting it out this time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6