Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caravan took the wrong way!  (Read 882 times)

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Caravan took the wrong way!
« on: September 18, 2007, 03:31:00 pm »

I've seen lots of stupid things from the caravan, but this was a first.

Upon departing, they took the wrong way, and went inside the fortress. That is, the mules did, the carts are still loitering in the depot...

I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caravan took the wrong way!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 07:42:00 pm »

I've had this happen horribly, horribly often in this fortress, I haven't the slightest clue why. Sometimes they do it randomly and take a small stroll through my fortress before returning to the trade depot.

But the majority of the time it's from goblin sieges wiping out the wagons, but the mules escape.

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 02:52:00 pm »

These guys just decided to stay. That's another fortress gone to hell, then... *sigh*
I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 08:49:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by mickel:
<STRONG>These guys just decided to stay. That's another fortress gone to hell, then... *sigh*</STRONG>

Deconstruct the trade depot. They'll leave as long as they're not crazy. Side benifit, any goods they had unloaded before they were chased off are free for your taking too. :P

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 04:07:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by mickel:
<STRONG>These guys just decided to stay. That's another fortress gone to hell, then... *sigh*</STRONG>

Maybe not. They might still leave if you deconstruct the trade depot..

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 04:08:00 am »

Damn did it again. Double posting. Wanted to post this yesterday but fell asleep on my keyboard..   :roll:
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Shoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 03:49:00 pm »

I had a human caravan living in my fortress for one whole year before I discovered this topic and deconstructed my trade depot.
None of them or their mules died, I don't know if they ate my food. They just seemed to wander around the dwarves' quarters (mostly seen in the bedrooms).

Deconstruction of trade depot, and they instantly head for the door and the road.

Endiqua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 06:13:00 pm »

Geez, and I was just coming to find out what to do about a stuck human caravan.  All of a sudden, there were no merchants trading but there were several loitering about, and they met with the noble just fine.  The only thing I can figure is that a kobold corpse was in the middle of the road for a few minutes and screwed things up because I have a leather bin they brought ALSO stuck in the road.
DF sets out a challenge to us with no explanation and no assistance, and each time we fail it becomes more merciless, but we continue in the hopes that we can show it, "See?  I'm doing good, right?  I kept the little men alive!  You're proud of me, right?"

Tracker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 07:29:00 pm »

Sometimes when humans hang around my fortress too long they tragically suffer from  facial magma poisoning.
here''s men underground/who have never seen the sun/but they really know how to party/they raise their wooden pints/and they yoik and sing/and they fight and they dance ''till morning