Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: DF to Minecraft utility  (Read 199445 times)

Bellerophon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF to Minecraft utility
« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2010, 11:08:34 pm »

Converting my fortress: it's fantastic, but it's so... low. I feel like it'd be so much better if each level was one more block high. I know that it'd reduce the amount of levels this thing can handle, but the results would feel, I think, much more genuine.

LumpyGravy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 13, 2010, 12:56:43 pm »

I been playing around with this a little and it works if you use the following ATM

install Dwarf Fortress DF 0.31.16 and you can get it in this Lazy Newb Pack on this page http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59026.0

play the game, build your fortress then while you are running the game (important) run this prog (DF2MC.7.zip — DF2MC Win ver 0.7 Alpha .31.16 + 40d) found here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index...&topic=64473.0

then U just have to move the map to your Minecraft world saves folder and rename it to an empty single player world or to your multi player server folder

LumpyGravy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 24, 2010, 09:17:49 am »

This  game is absolutly fantastic.Anyone planning to buy it needs to buy it now because if you buy it before the 20th you can get every future update for free, if you get it after the 20th you wont get every update free except bug fixes.

think U posted this on the 24th.......... four days after the alpha offers are now over.. they have new deals now that beta is underway

Symbiode

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms = bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 24, 2010, 03:59:40 pm »

This  game is absolutly fantastic.Anyone planning to buy it needs to buy it now because if you buy it before the 20th you can get every future update for free, if you get it after the 20th you wont get every update free except bug fixes.

That is not technically correct. While it is true that he removed the guarantee of all updates being free on the 20th, he did so for legal reasons. He did not remove that clause specifically to start charging for updates, and the majority of updates should still be free ( including new features ), not just bug fixes.

Inglonias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 28, 2010, 12:45:18 pm »

Hey. I'm trying to use this with DF 31.18, (I replaced Memory.xml with the latest version) but DF2MC crashes whenever I start it up. It just says that the program has "stopped working." What's going on, and is there any way I can fix it?
This is my favorite part of Bay 12!
Zack, my boy, practicality - or the lack of it - has never stopped a Dwarf Fortress player before. You want to find a way to play this game without your eyes? Someone here with the know-how will be able to help you and we'll be damned if we let a little thing like the practicality of a solution get in our way.

5tas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 08, 2011, 01:58:50 pm »

Hey. I'm trying to use this with DF 31.18, (I replaced Memory.xml with the latest version) but DF2MC crashes whenever I start it up. It just says that the program has "stopped working." What's going on, and is there any way I can fix it?

I hate to chime in with a "me too" post, but maybe having two reports like this will help find the reason for this problem. I'm using 31.18 too on Win7 64bit and DF2MC crashes almost immediately after I start it.

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2011, 05:06:32 am »

And I'll take the opportunity to note that I cross-posted this to the Minecraft forums as well. http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=27744

THAT thread in MC forums is what made me "discover" Dwarf Fortress... THANK YOU !!

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 05, 2011, 10:29:53 pm »

So is this ever going to be updated to support version .18 of dwarf fortress?

Just out of curiosity.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 05, 2011, 10:37:20 pm »

Just out of curiosity.
I'm also curious.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 05, 2011, 10:38:26 pm »

did inputting an updated memory.xml do anything?

n0manarmy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 11, 2011, 02:28:12 pm »

Not for me it didn't. I am using Win7 x64 though. It did crash the application instead of just letting it sit there and give me the finger though.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 11, 2011, 04:36:30 pm »

Just out of curiosity.
I'm also curious.
m2 plxplxplxplxplxplxplxplx

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2011, 07:37:29 am »

Yes please. I was a bit crushed to find it didn't work with .19

I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2011, 12:08:25 pm »

Just to say, but Indev is no longer available at the link you posted. Sucks, as I always wanted to see ultimate lava death in MC..
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

ZioAnthros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 18, 2011, 12:07:18 am »

Brilliant work!
Have to agree, update to .19 request seconded. =
D
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19