Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Let's Play Digimon World - BLIND  (Read 15452 times)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Digimon World - BLIND
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2010, 06:16:58 pm »

I suggest savescumming..

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2010, 06:18:03 pm »

Or just get him killed and start from scratch.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2010, 07:35:13 am »

Numemon will eat the meat, so you don't need to worry about it.
They started to collide~

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2010, 02:37:15 pm »

If you only have an in-game hour to work with you might not be able to do much to avert it. I fired up this game recently and when I got Numemon and had saved half a day before it took me about a dozen tries to get anything else.

For what it's worth, if you get him it means you failed to meet the requirements for any other evolution. It's from stats, not care.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2010, 10:31:40 am »

Aww, I enjoyed reading this LP :(

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2010, 10:35:52 am »

Alright, I have finished this game 4 times and I have to tell you something.

RESTART FOR GOD'S SAKE! Numemon is the worst champion in the game! He is aquired when you do not have the requirements to digivolve into a champion. This includes everything from stats to care mistakes.

I would suggest restarting with an Agumon, Agumon's are much easier to digivolve. Oh and get more than 5 battles before digivolving or you'll digivolve into something that can eat 30 giant meats and still be hungry.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 10:38:20 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Alectai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2010, 05:27:08 pm »

Well, be nice, there /Is/ a specific circumstance that Numemon is useful.

It's just not until much later in the game :(

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2010, 05:36:47 pm »

The thing is, it didn't give me a choice between Agumon or Gabumon, it just stuck me with Gabumon. Unless one of those opening questions, none of which actually mentioned that choice, determines which one I get.

And besides, what kind blind rush into insanity would it be if I restarted because I didn't get the 'mon I wanted(basically, that's anything but Numemon ;))?

Would Numemon digivolve into something useful later? Or should I just put it through training until it has a heart attack, leaving me with a fresh baby 'mon to start over with(and maybe get some combat use from it)?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2010, 05:38:41 pm »

I think it should be killed, it seems useless.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2010, 10:34:54 pm »

The thing is, it didn't give me a choice between Agumon or Gabumon, it just stuck me with Gabumon. Unless one of those opening questions, none of which actually mentioned that choice, determines which one I get.

And besides, what kind blind rush into insanity would it be if I restarted because I didn't get the 'mon I wanted(basically, that's anything but Numemon ;))?

Would Numemon digivolve into something useful later? Or should I just put it through training until it has a heart attack, leaving me with a fresh baby 'mon to start over with(and maybe get some combat use from it)?
I'll tell you how to restart with Agumon

Say you have a Digivice and you like the day. Or you haven't got a digivice and you have friends I can't remember the propper order but  it's you like day or you have friends, both of them give you agumon. Trust me this early in the game, Numemon is suicide.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2010, 01:56:47 pm »

Right, so more or less disregarding everyone's advice, we head off towards Coela Point, southeast of Native Forest and south of Digimon Bridge, where a rare Digimon is said to appear every day in the late afternoon.

And we find an ominous shadow under the water.

Who wants to know? Seeing as every other Digimon we've met that's identified me as a human has tried to kill me, I'm less inclined to inform those that aren't quite sure about it that I am one.

It turns out to be Coelamon, the fish Digimon.

Well, actually, I was kinda hoping for a mermaid Digimon or something... :-\

Anyway, Coelamon and several of his buddies offer to help us cross the water, with the bridge out and all.

Worry about what? The spikey things coming out of your head? Your large, carivourously designed maws? What was that I said about every Digimon we've met trying to kill me?

But I jump across anyway.

Unfortunately, my attempt to abandon Crack on the shore ends in failure. It seems that raw sewage is less dense than water, and can float across.

We find ourselves in a jungle, and quickly meet a Spanish-speaking bird.

It promptly kicks Crack's ass.

That leaves Crack with only two lives left, and the only items we lost in the defeat was a meat and all the Digishrooms we picked up in the forest along the way to Coela Point(I had forgotten to bank it all before leaving :-[).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Alectai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2010, 02:44:24 pm »

Numemon has one Evolution, and it's actually pretty good.  Sadly, it has nothing to do with stats, and more about bringing your Numemon to a specific location that you're not likely to reach until later on.

That said, doing this also opens up a bonus dungeon!

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2010, 01:55:02 am »

There was a researching on tech's and certain elemental digimon.

They found out that filth digimon are vulnerable to everything.(Numemon is filth)

If you kill Numemon in battle you will lose all of your tech's.

I say you restart instead of being stuck with this pile of spotted sewage.

(edit) Numemon can digivolve naturally into the form that was mentioned, but filth digimon recieve low stats from training and you need a pretty high amount of stats for the digevolution.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 02:07:26 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Alectai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2010, 11:50:23 am »

As I said, there's a way to cheat that, and bring a Numemon to a specific place, and they automatically receive the prior mentioned evolution, along with the base stats that go with it.

The fun part is if you complete the dungeon that said place is attached to?  You get to set up something in the town that lets you avoid making the hike whenever you should accidentally get a Numemon.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2010, 08:33:22 pm »

As I said, there's a way to cheat that, and bring a Numemon to a specific place, and they automatically receive the prior mentioned evolution, along with the base stats that go with it.

The fun part is if you complete the dungeon that said place is attached to?  You get to set up something in the town that lets you avoid making the hike whenever you should accidentally get a Numemon.
The only problem is you have to travel through a pretty dangerous place to get their, if you bump into one of the inhabitants they will happily rip you apart. And it's later in the game.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 08:36:34 pm by Dwarf mc dwarf »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7