Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bay12 Diplomacy  (Read 1305 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Bay12 Diplomacy
« on: August 21, 2010, 10:25:55 am »

"Luck plays no part in Diplomacy. Cunning and cleverness, honesty and perfectly-timed betrayal are the tools needed to outwit your fellow players. The most skillful negotiator will climb to victory over the backs of both enemies and friends.

Who do you trust?"

It has been a while since the last game of diplomacy between the bay12ers, in fact so long, I am sure only the fewest of you remember the game

luckily, the rules are simple, and the gameplay mechanics easy to understand

http://webdiplomacy.net/

note that this is not your average strategy game where the strongest unit wins, heck not even where the best strategy wins

this is a game of negotation, deceit, trust and betrayal. no player can win alone, but no player can win in a team either, creatine a strong athmosphere of paranoia

if you wish to join, let it first be known that we will be using 72 hour turns, to allow those players with a busy schedule to join the game as well. that implies 2 things:

the turns do not HAVE to last 72 hours. under the section where you enter your moves, there is a button that sais "finalize"
when you are absolutely certain with your moves as you entered them, please proceed to press this button. once every player finalized, the turn will change, allowing for a much faster and fluent game

secondly, which is more important, once you play, you play. I have seen it before that players who were losing suddenly started to simply drop out and no longer coem to the site
until a player is automaticaly dropped by the system, 2 turns have to pass without the player entering moves
which means we will have to wait a whole week, just because some sore loser decided it's no longer worth his time
don't do that
it ruins the game

anyway, that being said, once you have created an account on webdiplomacy, follow this link to join the game
the password is bay12
http://webdiplomacy.net/board.php?gameID=36317
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 10:28:48 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Diplomacy
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 10:32:54 am »

aaand full
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 12:35:43 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 01:39:23 pm »

Wow, that was fast.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 01:40:35 pm »

Proud member of my high school's Diplomacy club for 3 years.

Shame I didn't see this earlier.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 01:50:05 pm »

nothing keeps you from starting another parallel game with another group

spread the word!