Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Noble demands with missing requirement.  (Read 1131 times)

Behrooz Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Woo, I play with dwarves!
    • View Profile
Noble demands with missing requirement.
« on: November 30, 2007, 05:21:00 pm »

I had an odd demand from my captain of the guard today.  He has a demand for something in his office, but hasn't specified exactly what, and he's getting rather ticked-off.

"Demands: item in Throne Room/Office"

I tried putting a couple random items of furniture in his office, but apparently that didn't satisfy him.  Not looking good for whichever dwarf responsible for whatever he wants...

Save available on request.

Behrooz''s Law:<BR>The relevance of ongoing discussion in a bulletin board thread is inversely proportional to both the volume and number of quotations appended therein.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Noble demands with missing requirement.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 09:16:00 pm »

An "item" is likely to be anything that a dwarf can lay claim to when the economy activates.

For example, idols. Or coins. I dont think the economy needs to be active in the case of "item in room" requests in order for the dwarf to grab the item himself, but it may be, which would be the actual bug.

Or the item is tasked for hauling into the room, and simply hasn't made it there yet.

Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 09:44:00 pm »

I think this bug has something to do with a missing material, or something. Have you tried a clean install?

Frugal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 02:44:00 am »

Try putting a finished goods stockpile there.  This bug has been reported before, and that worked for one person.