Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: minotaur labyrinth  (Read 935 times)

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
minotaur labyrinth
« on: August 20, 2010, 11:41:48 pm »

There always seems to be a maze on the way to the minotaur; as well there should be, traditionally. As it stands, it has all the features of a dungeon-crawl except for the fun -- few monsters and not nearly enough loot. The main challenge is the tedium, when you finally reach the minotaur you're so dazed from fruitlessly banging your head against walls that it can pretty much put you out of your misery without much complaint. For the sake of gameplay, win or lose the trip could be more worthwhile.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
Re: minotaur labyrinth
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 12:20:44 am »

[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 12:15:20 am »

You can use dwarf mode to construct this then adventure to go here. Otherwise you can always open up the cave system with the right settings and it's like a labyrinth. So it's partically already in the game.

But I do not think toady should add this to the game any time soon. If we are goign to have a lot of mythical structures then they should be rare. And currently we are still writing the basics of the world.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 05:24:18 am »

But I do not think toady should add this to the game any time soon. If we are goign to have a lot of mythical structures then they should be rare. And currently we are still writing the basics of the world.
I think a minotaur makes most sense as a randomly generated creature, no?
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 12:17:43 pm »

Simply scattering random loot and increasing monster populations around a minotaur would ease the tedium of hunting them. I don't think it takes any dedicated design, procedural generation would could handle it.