Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chief Medic not diagnosing dwarves  (Read 1298 times)

phoenixuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Chief Medic not diagnosing dwarves
« on: August 20, 2010, 06:12:12 am »

This is the first time i've had this particular error, and was wondering if anyone had some experience with it. My chief medical dwarf has Diagnose active, and everything else off, but my wounded are being left to die outside the fort (burrows are off, the fight is over) and the two that did get brought to the hospital are not being diagnosed, even though they have D on the health screen and the chief medic has nothing else to do BUT diagnose them...
Is this a problem with the injured soldiers having the REST job interrupted and then losing conciousness? Or is my medical team just being assholes.
Note, they've treated folk in the past, just this particular battle they've apparently decided not to bother.

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chief Medic not diagnosing dwarves
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 06:18:54 am »

Has he any skill at diagnose at all ?? I didn't have anybody with diagnose skill for ages. I tried with four or five people to activate diagnose and set them as cheif med before one of them actually started diagnosing anyone. Try somebody else, see if it works. 
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

phoenixuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 06:36:34 am »

Yeah, he has competent diagnostician, and i have tried swapping him to another diagnostician (novice) and back again, still no diagnoses.
*edit* could it have anything to do with the 150 pages of "XXX Cancels rest: Interrupted by bronze colossus" that it's currently still spamming me with?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 06:58:04 am by phoenixuk »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 08:52:34 am »

Most likely, dwarves can't be diagnosed unless they are Resting, so if they're suffering PTSD then you'll have to find some way to snap them out of it.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.