Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 914088 times)

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile

I CLAIM A MIGRANT
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile

I claim the other one. This fort is not dead, man!
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile

Obviously what we are to do, is to play both forts. Hellcannon as the scout group trying to figure out what the hell happened in Failcannon and this thread is the story of what really DID happen.

Although I honestly think that the lever pull was a stupid move. Even when "everyone was torn apart by angry ghosts" is amusing, it's the only likely outcome now and that's boring. Battlefailed end was great because it just came out of nowhere.

Although it is still possible to tend to all the angry ghosts and put slabs everywhere. For the ones that are possible to have a slab engraved for 'em that is.

And hey, maybe we'll get lucky and fail to lose the fort? Now that'd be a TWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEST.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

I still don't understand why there were two cave-ins in the surface, when there was only supposed to be one. Did my trap gate lever get pulled yet?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

If I understand correctly, there were some walls that should have caved in but failed to do so until the Faillever was pulled and the other cave-in happened.

Urist McJoeBloggs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Oh man!  I started reading Battlefailed in September, Failcannon in October, and got up to like page 160 yesterday when I see this bumper crop of new pages and this "pull the lever" vote and I knew some sh!t was up.  I can't believe this fort died before I caught up reading :'( Then again, it seems not quite dead yet.  Would like to claim any new dorf that comes up, name same as username.  Looking forward to his gruesome and hilarious death ;D

Oh and CatalystParadox, ThisAussieGuy and Urist really made my day when I read the quoted stuff in my sig.  You guys are a riot!  I wonder if I should seek CatalystParadox's permission for sigging that first quote :P I'll do the next best thing and ask for his permission to put his name on the quote :P
Quote from: CatalystParadox
Aw, Mekboy! A song for meeeee?  You're so sweet.  Why don't you just come in here so I can give you a hug. ... bring my pants.
CatalystParadox: I mentioned a !!plan!!
ThatAussieGuy: Sure, but any time there's a plan involved in Failcannon, it inevitably ends in either a tantrum spiral, the accidental death of over a dozen dwarves by FB/titan or miscellaneous !!Fun!!.
Urist Imiknorris: Even more so if the plan itself is on fire.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Being sigged is a mark of honor.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So let's see... Failday has fixed:

Delayed Cave-ins
Pathing problems
Increased FPS
Brought more attention to Battlefailed and it's sequels

Looks like it was a good idea after all.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

nighzmarquls

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I the only one to finds it hilarious that not only did fail day FAIL to kill the fortress, it may have made it more playable and exciting?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Until the ghosts start appearing.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile

Yes, as he said, more playable and !!exciting!!
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well it is called failday after all

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile

So let's see... Failday has fixed:

Delayed Cave-ins
Pathing problems
Increased FPS
Brought more attention to Battlefailed and it's sequels

Looks like it was a good idea after all.

I wonder how it did that though. Is it because of the destruction of all the coffins, slabs, and corpses in the tomb?
Or some other reason?

Either way I think pulling the lever is going to be the end of the fort, maybe not immediately but something is going to happen. Just a matter of time. Maybe. This is Failcannon after all.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's doomed if we don't want to close the floodgates and stop the flooding. Happening damn slowly, but now about 4-5 dorfs are stuck at the bottom of the first ramp down into the lower areas, because the water just flushes them back down. They're slowly dieing of thirst, which is ironic.

It looks like one of the other collapses that occured was the collapse of the door monument, taking everything below with it including the massive shaft through the caverns.

The other collapse was... something with four statues on top of it, because they're still floating up there. Adjacent to catalysts' cell. That's the one that killed a dorf on the stairway.

Also, Andreus XI' ghost REALLY hates cats.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 12:22:53 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile

The three living dwarves need to be assigned to FULL TIME slab creation/engraving.  Probably on bone-block slabs, if that's even possible.  We must build a gigantic wall of monuments.  Contain the souls of the damned before they can be loosed and tear the fabric of Aluonra itself asunder!  Stitch reality back together!
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 189