Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 931317 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Still Alive (somehow) (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #2520 on: November 04, 2011, 09:45:36 pm »

Could this be the first fort to fall to murderous ghosts? :o

...actually, that might be pretty appropriate, now that I think on it

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: November 04, 2011, 10:10:29 pm »

Could this be the first fort to fall to murderous ghosts? :o

...actually, that might be pretty appropriate, now that I think on it

There's a contingency plan for that - destroying all the coffins to make MORE vengeful ghosts (considering how most die in the fortress, the odds are good anyway).  Basically, if the dwarves in the fortress can't be happy, no-one who had anything to do with the fortress in this life or the next can.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: November 04, 2011, 11:59:08 pm »

Exactly what I was about to suggest, actually.

If you've linked the support and made sure everything is rigged to collapse, then the lever be yours to pull. Preferably, the fort would survive just barely long enough for Toady to release the next update, though, so let the wheels of fortune spin just a little longer. And at least try to bury the premature ghosts' corpses. I mean it didn't take long at all to dig them up and move them to the corpse stockpiles... Stupid dorfs.

Sounds like it will be pretty terrifying not being able to see dwarves that wander too far from the others. Wonder how the game will determine what the player can or cannot see...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: November 05, 2011, 02:19:45 am »

Exactly what I was about to suggest, actually.

If you've linked the support and made sure everything is rigged to collapse, then the lever be yours to pull. Preferably, the fort would survive just barely long enough for Toady to release the next update, though, so let the wheels of fortune spin just a little longer. And at least try to bury the premature ghosts' corpses. I mean it didn't take long at all to dig them up and move them to the corpse stockpiles... Stupid dorfs.

Sounds like it will be pretty terrifying not being able to see dwarves that wander too far from the others. Wonder how the game will determine what the player can or cannot see...

I believe the thread that brought up that topic mentioned that it would be based on the missing dwarf's social interactions.  Ie; if he doesn't interact with anyone for x period of time, he's declared missing.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: November 05, 2011, 06:05:23 am »

So, gentledwarfs, we have a problem.

Boozedwarf has just killed Scaraban, and I simply can't find his name on the slab list to stop the murders.

Sometimes if a nickname is entered through Therapist it doesn't carry over to all possible places (for instance, notice how sometimes a named dwarf will appear unnamed in a family member's thoughts screen). One of these places is the slab name list.

You can find him in the unit list and go to nickname him, but press enter instead of actually changing the name. This usually fixes the problem with dwarves not displaying proper nicknames in spots.

He can also simply not be there which is also a common problem.

The problem is that the slab name list is just too big, as it list everything belonging to a civ that died in Failcannon.

On the topic of Failday, I belive we should vote on wheter or not I should pull the lever.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 06:10:11 am by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: November 05, 2011, 12:20:59 pm »

On the topic of Failday, I belive we should vote on wheter or not I should pull the lever.

How many dwarves are alive - and how many have been murdered by ghosts (!?!?) so far?
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: November 05, 2011, 02:53:50 pm »

2, if I remember right, that brings us to a grand total of one dwarf less than what I started with.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: November 05, 2011, 06:21:05 pm »

So....the question is, is it time to put an end to this fort by apocalyptic assault of the phantom undead? My answer is yes!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: November 05, 2011, 07:06:14 pm »

Be a shame to have a doomsday device and not unleash it.  I say yes, on the proviso that we can place bets on which dwarf will reach The Lever of Undeath first.  (I've got five dorfBucks on That Aussie Dwarf)

gamewizardinnc

• Bay Watcher
  • Plush rumps as for as the eye can see
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: November 05, 2011, 07:11:28 pm »

If we do end this fort soon, I call an early turn on the next one! I also place 5 on Aussie.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 07:13:38 pm by gamewizardinnc »
I probably won't be the 13th player with the Curse of Failcannon likely hanging in the air like a particularly pungent dog fart

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: November 05, 2011, 07:25:48 pm »

If the end of Failcannon occurs, the turn list will carry over into the next incarnation of the immortal Failcannon.

Also, I have a story lined up and stuff for Battlefailed III. I'll make and maintain the thread when the time comes, make the initial embark, and pass the save on to whoever is next.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: November 05, 2011, 08:45:38 pm »

Who's alive again?

EDIT: Added poll.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 08:47:29 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: November 05, 2011, 08:48:43 pm »

Who's alive again?

EDIT: Added poll.

Going to do a quick check right now, will edit this post afterwards.

EDIT:
Grand list of dorfs:
-Mormota II, "Heros Younger Brother"
-ThatAussieDwarf, "Xanatos Rouleteer"
-Erica IV, Chief Medical Dwarf
-Deathsword III, "Undertaker"
-Sinclair, Miner
-Rrigdway, Woodcutter
-Catalyst, "Reborn Traitor"
-Gizogin, "Battlemage"
-Kirby, Broker
-Andreus XIII, "The Endless"

ten dorfs, the two dead being Scaraban and some other guy I don't remember but whose name I typed into one of the updates, so just check back.

I'll bet a sock and three kobold teeth on Gizogin pulling the lever

Also, what will be the name of the next fort?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 08:53:57 pm by Deathsword »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: November 05, 2011, 08:58:40 pm »

I propose HellCannon. Of course, to live up to the name, Aussie will have to take a turn.

gamewizardinnc

• Bay Watcher
  • Plush rumps as for as the eye can see
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: November 05, 2011, 09:07:31 pm »

I am actually kind of glad we might pull the lever. I'm afraid my computer might not be able to handle FailCannon. So I'll be fourth or fifth on the new fortress, right?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 09:10:36 pm by gamewizardinnc »
I probably won't be the 13th player with the Curse of Failcannon likely hanging in the air like a particularly pungent dog fart
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 189