Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 929308 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Still Alive (somehow) (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #2385 on: October 15, 2011, 06:38:30 am »

I'm pretty sure that megabeast dorfs wouldn't actually be hostile.
Unfortunately. They ARE a part of your civ after all.

Then again I might be wrong. I haven't ever actually tried it out, you see.

Actually I'm getting around this by just making a new creature definition, or more specifically a copy of dwarves, then humans and the rest, with everything they'll need to function as megabeasts and prove difficult opponents. Preparing the armor body parts is taking a damn long time, but I've got a dorf with expert in most military skills that will appear as a semi-megabeast in all 5 varieties of lair listed on the wiki (still wondering if other sites could be used.) All at difficulty 5. Legendary will be difficulty 10, of course.

here's a few more items I came up with:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Any other suggestions on that?

So far there are no errors generated by this mod, and they act per my expectations (like a naked dorf with a single melee weapon and expert-level skills for the moment.)
I've just tacked the adventurers onto a larger megabeasts mod I was composing for the moment. If my other creations are deemed unworthy, then of course I could cut them out to a separate file set.
I also added 2 more castes to them, as wizards (male and female), who thus far can only toss solid gold and basic fireballs at you. Of course we all know the chances of you being beaned through the helmet or actually set on fire increase exponentially with the pretentiousness of your adventurer/skill of your fortress militia.
Battlefailed III will be... ‼FUN‼... if this mod were used.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 07:04:49 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: October 15, 2011, 09:14:55 am »

!!Fun!!? Yes. Playable? Possibly not. The cause of numerous overseers going stark raving mad? Absolutely.

Sounds good to me.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: October 15, 2011, 10:25:23 am »

I'll do some experiements with caste modding and add one as a present for whomever is next. It's not like we're replacing the whole creature.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: October 15, 2011, 10:26:59 am »

Dwarven science at it's finest.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: October 15, 2011, 10:28:21 am »

Is this caste the trap? Do they shoot dragon breath?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: October 15, 2011, 10:42:30 am »

Here's what I did:
I moved all body tokens to inside the castes and made a new one.

Here is what happened:
fort opens, but when you unpause, it crashes.

Good thing I made a back-up copy
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: October 15, 2011, 09:40:53 pm »

Hmm... Try this setup instead:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 10:11:56 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: October 16, 2011, 03:05:21 pm »

I guess we should leave caste-modding to after we finish failcannon, but before we embark on the third one. All I try causes it to crash.

Mekboy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEGABEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: October 16, 2011, 03:11:37 pm »

I personally would argue for little to no modding in Battlefailed 3.
One thing I would support would be to maybe mod in a daemonic civilisation, Queen Led's minions.
But no modding our guys, just making the game harder.
Quote from: CatalystParadox
Aw, Mekboy! A song for meeeee?
You're so sweet.  Why don't you just come in here so I can give you a hug.
... bring my pants.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
You seem to be under the illusion that we give a shit about what happens to dwarves who are too dumb to live.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: October 16, 2011, 03:17:43 pm »

I personally would argue for little to no modding in Battlefailed 3.
One thing I would support would be to maybe mod in a daemonic civilisation, Queen Led's minions.
But no modding our guys, just making the game harder.

Modding in a civ of caste-based mutant dorfs hostile to everyone?

EDIT: I think I found a way to record a video of the fort. I'll keep you updated

EDIT 2: Done, but the quality is... bad.

Spoiler: here's a sample (click to show/hide)

will try some other way

EDIT 3:
I'll place it in youtube later on
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 03:49:17 pm by Deathsword »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: October 16, 2011, 10:56:56 pm »

I like the idea of videos, but I hope you're doing a voice-over or something. I expect it to be very, very long.

So, If there's going to be Led's minions, they should be another civilization of dwarves. The question then is would we prefer to keep them one species, so that every change in the raws affects both civ's citizens equally, making any advantage for us simultaneously an advantage for them when they come to town, or use two different races, so that Led's slaves can be especially odd.

Clearly, though, Battlefailed 3 must have bone blocks and other such quirky things that were created over the course of the last year or so in this save.

On a different note; I've done the first of those adventurer megabeasts, the (dwarven) adventurers (expert-level) and corrupt heroes (legendary) They do still have that wizard caste I added so the legendary ones will likely be utterly terrifying when they fling molten gold and bean you in the head.
Still don't have the body-armor yet, though. It'll take some time to get that working.

The upload is here and on my mods page which you can find in my signature. (the EVIL race and civs mod)
I make Spellcrafts!

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: October 17, 2011, 10:08:30 am »

It's too bad that deities aren't in the raws yet. I remember reading somewhere (one of the QA session of FotF) that eventually deities will be able to be put in raws, kind of like how you can add custom Night Creatures in addition to the random ones.

It would be cool, if we could bring the deities from this world to the next. Hey though, here's a thought. Can't you add some of the characters and gods to the symbols for the next world. This way they would appear as engravings.

We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: October 17, 2011, 02:16:35 pm »

It's too bad that deities aren't in the raws yet. I remember reading somewhere (one of the QA session of FotF) that eventually deities will be able to be put in raws, kind of like how you can add custom Night Creatures in addition to the random ones.

It would be cool, if we could bring the deities from this world to the next. Hey though, here's a thought. Can't you add some of the characters and gods to the symbols for the next world. This way they would appear as engravings.

Lur, Led and Ura as megabeasts?

FAKEEDIT: Yes, I'm voicing it and it's not that long. It's a quick tour of failcannon for a reason.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: October 17, 2011, 05:04:31 pm »

The reason being that a full tour would drive any viewers to madness or alcohol.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: October 17, 2011, 06:15:24 pm »

The reason being that a full tour would drive any viewers to madness or alcohol.
Or even worse: SOBERNESS (Random caps are not included)
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 189