Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 931668 times)

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Super Happy Fun Beach (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #570 on: January 19, 2011, 05:30:21 pm »

Can I get a turn and a person.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 19, 2011, 10:53:03 pm »

I had actually forgotten that I was signed up for this.  And when I read this monstrosity, I blanched.
I have no idea about how to work 31.whatever, but I guess I'll learn.  I get a week, right?  Expect updates on Friday.  The first thing I'm gonna do is dorf myself.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 19, 2011, 10:56:43 pm »

Take all the time you need as long as it's epic you play the full year.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 20, 2011, 03:30:38 pm »

I've been following this for about a month and a half. It just occurred to me that I hadn't dropped in to say that this fort is freaking awesome!

Might as well do the obvious thing and ask for a Dwarfing and a spot on the list as well.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 20, 2011, 06:35:31 pm »

Wierdsound, as well as many, many others have been dorfed.  This is my list of dorfings yet to be done.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look for a real update tomorrow!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 10:05:44 pm by Canalan »

Takuanuva

• Bay Watcher
  • The Failkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 21, 2011, 05:47:58 pm »

Wierdsound, as well as many, many others have been dorfed.  This is my list of dorfings yet to be done.
To be dorfed:
Lur - diety
Andreus
WHY WASN'T ANDREUS DORFED IMMEDIATELLY? There MUST be at least one of them at the time.
Also, should be Lur on the dorfing list?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 21, 2011, 06:38:35 pm »

I forgot I put Lur on there.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 21, 2011, 10:03:55 pm »

Before we start, Andreus is dorfed and healthy, I just forgot to pull him from my list.  So without further ado, Canalan Theater presents that story you have all been waiting for!  The Epic of Canalan, Overdoctor of Failcannon!

2nd Sandstone, 525
Today I finally became the Chief Medical Dwarf.  Apparently the old one was worse at doctoring than I am!  And since the old overseer Fish has withdrawn to the forge levels, I have decided to take up the mantle of Overdoctor.  Dish has left me a lot of things to do.  I discovered an empty coffin in a small room on one of the crypt levels.  It is now mine.  Also, apparently there are two separate forts in Failcannon.  The grand stair is not linked together at its lowest level.  I have ordered a connection to be dug. 
Also, I think a baby died or something.

12th Sandstone, 525
Migrants!
A grand total of eight, including a doctor, an architect, and a pump operator.  Welcome to the happiest hellhole on the coast!

19th Sandstone, 525
what
What
WHAT
Oglokoog… just killed Aik, the mayor and… became the mayor?  I’m not sure it works that way.  Anyways, I co-opted Aik’s old quarters, so this isn’t all bad.

20th Sandstone, 525
I had forgotten to record that our esteemed potash maker DuckThatQuacks II has apparently grabbed a workshop after withdrawing from our company.  I fear that his “artifact” will be nothing more than a useless crown.

23rd Sandstone, 525
Well that was fast.
Into my rooms it goes!

12th Timber, 525
Ah.  Traders and the liaison.
This will not end well with all the zorses clustered around the walls.
Actually, I spoke too soon.  After killing? two of the zorses, they made it inside.  Maybe now work can go forward on that random roof.  We traded some random stuff cluttering the depot for some more random stuff that will clutter the depot.  Also two goblin ambush squads have apparently been sent to cull the local undead wildlife, and they do so admirably. 

18th Timber, 525
Finally.
That all but ends the grand burial process; few (comparatively) remain to be buried, and unfortunately one of them has risen as a ghost.  He doesn’t seem to bother anyone though.  I cannot fathom why all those bodies were dumped in the ocean.  I hope none of them rise again.  In addition, one two more goblin squads have joined the extermination effort.

22nd Timber, 525
I finally sealed one of the holes in our defenses.  The sea wall is ours! 

24th Timber, 525
DAMMIT
At least most of their bolts were wasted on zombies.  Finally got the last ghost put to rest too.

1st Moonstone, 525
The first day of winter.  Not much else to say, other than I started consolidating refuse piles in a vain attempt to organize this place.

And that’s it for tonight.  I had wanted to get through winter, but I am currently running at about 10 FPS.  Grand total of three deaths, eight migrants and two wounded.  Some futile organizational things, I bought mostly booze and food from the caravan just in case, and all of the reachable bodies are buried.  I guess the rest of the bodies have been properly memorialized or whatever.  I’ll try to get through the rest of my time over the weekend.  If it just is too slow, I’ll turn it over at the end of winter.  Look for more updates over the weekend!

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 22, 2011, 12:23:51 pm »

You actually figured out how to connect the upper and lower forts? that had been bothering me my entire year.
I knew I wasn't crazy.

Incidentally, that is the reason for the corpsestack in the sea. all of the coffins I saw were stored where no dwarves would get them so I just dumped them. Are ghosts new?

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 22, 2011, 01:37:47 pm »

Are ghosts new?
Added in .17

Great work so far, Canalan. I didn't even know I was the captain of the guard - and now I'm mayor!  :D
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 22, 2011, 01:50:32 pm »

Why was the fort seperated like that?  Also, that coup by Oglokoog was amazing.  No one seemed to care that he killed Aik, least of all my dorf.  Things just... went on like normal.
Also, I like the coffin room in the shape of an unhappy face.
EDIT: Is it ok if I turn temp off?  I might gain enough FPS to make it playable.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 01:53:30 pm by Canalan »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 22, 2011, 03:19:24 pm »

I'm okay with turning off temperature, but I'd prefer it if you tried some other things first - atomsmashing rock/goblinite, killing animals, turning weather off, etc.

I think Aik's death was Justice related.

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 22, 2011, 03:27:48 pm »

Keep it up, people. :) It's entertaining, and tempting me to join a succession fort too.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 22, 2011, 04:46:13 pm »

Oglokoog… just killed Aik, the mayor and… became the mayor?  I’m not sure it works that way.  Anyways, I co-opted Aik’s old quarters, so this isn’t all bad.

It's happened once before.  History is repeating itself.

You actually figured out how to connect the upper and lower forts? that had been bothering me my entire year.
I knew I wasn't crazy.

Incidentally, that is the reason for the corpsestack in the sea. all of the coffins I saw were stored where no dwarves would get them so I just dumped them. Are ghosts new?

Where was the fort separated?  I didn't notice anywhere cut off.  Maybe the baroness broke a bridge during her tantrums before she went nuts?

I think ghosts arrived in 31.13, which fit in pretty well with Battlefailed's setting and our standard of making mass graves.  If you don't memorialize a dwarf they get angry and come back to haunt the fortress and cause unhappiness, move stuff around, or murder people until you pay the proper respect.  I like to keep certain ghosts around, poltergeists really add character to a place.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 05:00:04 pm by SethCreiyd »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 22, 2011, 05:31:35 pm »

Actually, they showed up in 31.17.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 189