Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 913067 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Alrighty then.

Maybe I read one of them all the way... There were more, I remember.

Anyway, Lor, one of the migrants, took a great fall down the chasm shaft and I expect him to explode on impact. Who calls his soon-to-be corpse?

I made some block/bar floors to let the gobbos in, with 3 dorfs left it will be amusing watching them run in circles...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 03:53:03 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

43 dorfs left? I hope that is a typo, we were having migrant issues before Failday.

How is Andreus, anyway?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

That's a typo haha. The four has a barely visible strike-through through it.

The most recent Andreus is dead. The ghosts of the dwarves he possessed are having a party.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Refer to late edit :P

"The most recent Andreus is dead. The ghosts of the dwarves he possessed are having a party."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:03:15 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile

I'd love to be the last living dwarf in Failcannon.  That would be awesome, though unlikely.
EDIT: would I be correct in guessing that I'm the most recent of the surviving dwarfs currently in Failcannon? 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:03:08 pm by Gizogin »
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Yes, ThatAussieDwarf's dorf is the oldest survivor currently alive.

Aaand:
-The goblins take their first tentative steps inside the fortress walls. They are caught in the cage traps. Damn.
-Lor dies on impact with the bottom of the cavern lake, spreading pieces everywhere
-Kel, the other migrant, falls into that room full of water and drowns.
-ThatAussieDwarf proceed to do nothing.
-A new forgotten beast shows up! Wow, they love this place. Having your feet rot off must be like eating candy and sex for them...

Edit:
- Gizogin is ambushed by kobolds.

Looks like you're out of luck if you can't beat them down unarmed, Giz :P

Yet another beast has arrived! Holy carp!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:13:12 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile

Pff, kobolds.  Have you forgotten that one of my first actions upon coming to Failcannon was running into a room full of FBs, and that I survived said encounter?
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Indeed I did realize that. You took some damage in the fight, but managed to severely injure one kobold before fleeing into the trade entrance, where you fought again and got another kobold in a cage trap by knocking her out, probably from pain. The third one that attacked you is fleeing out the trade entrance now, with your dorf in hot pursuit.

ThatAussieDwarf came upstairs to do something, and decided to pick a fight with that other kobold you injured, who proceeded to kick his ass. They're both lying there in the courtyard taking potshots at each other between lapses in consciousness. Aussie is very unhappy and enraged at this point.

This is a masterful engraving of a dwarf, a kobold, and a ghostly figure. The dwarf is pissed off. The kobold is laughing and passing out. The ghostly figure is laughing. This image relates to the humiliation of ThatAussieDwarf by Plukrursnin the kobold and Twobeard the Ghostly Miner in Failcannon during the late spring of 541.

Edit:

3 more kobold ambushes were reported by an elven caravan, who were killed in a horrible fashion. One of the kobolds fell down a hole, washed in by water from the flooding tank that is now pretty much empty, and broke some bones 2 floors below. Two of the others came inside and brutally murdered ThatAussieDwarf, who was sitting there in the courtyard due to having lost the ability to stand when that other kobold stabbed her in the lower body, taking out the spine. Gizogin is the LMS; picking up his equipmenttrying to take a bath in preparation for his final battle with 3 different kobold squads who are right up the stairs from where he is right now. Good luck, you nut.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:42:04 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile

Good luck, you nut.
Aww, you really do care. 

I thought you mentioned earlier that ThatAussieDwarf and I were two of three remaining dwarves.  Who is/was the third?  Or were you including one of the two most recent migrants in that count?

EDIT: if I'm not dead already, could I see my thoughts/preferences screen please?
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I was including Kel, who drowned in that bedroom under the ruined control room. The kobolds keep falling in there too, but they unlocked the door so they just file on out.

I opted to have you flee from the kobolds. You stripped off all your armor sometime during the fight and hid in your room, which has a hatch they can't open. Walking out there nearly naked and unarmed wouldn't be such a dwarfy death, so I'm hoping for the chance for you to put your brain back in your head and those adamantine chain leggings back on.

I changed my mind since they apparently weren't leaving and let you go out there anyway. Didn't last very long with those two kobold babes waiting right outside the door.

The fortress has fallen :P
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:58:07 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile

Yay, I was the last survivor of Failcannon.  I died a noble death, taking down many more than my number before finally being struck down.  Truly, a death any dwarf would envy.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile

Yay, I was the last survivor of Failcannon.  I died a noble death, taking down many more than my number before finally being struck down.  Truly, a death any dwarf would envy.
I always said you were the resident badass.

And then, is when Aussie's plans come into effect xD
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Failcannon may have fallen, BUT THE LEGEND LIVES ON THE BREATH OF THE WIND!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile

Now my signature reflects my awesomeness.  :P
I'm actually overjoyed.  Failcannon lived well past several points where a lesser fortress would have died.  I'm genuinely proud to have been a part of it, even moreso now that I can claim to have been a notable figure in its downfall.

I feel like making a vanity edit to the TVTropes page now...
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 189