Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 913825 times)

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Super Happy Fun Beach (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #1050 on: April 30, 2011, 03:34:21 pm »

I must unrespectfully disagree.
Getting the failpump done would certainly be nice, but part of the fun of succession forts is not having enough time to finish your stuff. This is really ruining it.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Takuanuva

• Bay Watcher
  • The Failkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: April 30, 2011, 04:49:56 pm »

One question:
Is it possible to start a water reactor by flooding it completely with water and then opening a near-by floor hatch to create water flow?

Zeocin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: April 30, 2011, 09:21:07 pm »

Only one way to find out!

Takuanuva

• Bay Watcher
  • The Failkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: May 01, 2011, 10:22:20 am »

Placing notes for the next Overseers.
So much to be done... I need to place thousands of them to make sure everything will be done correctly...

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 01, 2011, 01:57:20 pm »

I'd like another turn at this madness.

NerfJihad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 01, 2011, 08:04:31 pm »

I'd like to toss my proverbial hat into this as well >_>

Vandersleld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: May 01, 2011, 08:26:51 pm »

I wish to partake in the madness. Dorf me if you can, as anyone, really.

Hopefully the fortress will survive for another 10-ish years... If it does, I'll be disappointed if it's not a wretched hive of forgotten beasts and half-built megaprojects.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 02, 2011, 03:50:38 am »

Placing notes for the next Overseers.
So much to be done... I need to place thousands of them to make sure everything will be done correctly...
I would like to have a turn right after you and fuck everything up just to spite you. You've really turned this from madness to boringness. I mad.

edit: ugh... sorry. I'm being retarded. Still, I stand by my opinion that what you're doing here is just not right. The "take as much time as you need as long as it's epic" clause really doesn't cover this. I don't know who let you have more than one year and I'm not going to bother reading back through the thread to find out, but it was an incredibly bad decision. I'm sorry for being all bitter about this...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:56:49 am by Oglokoog »
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Glacial

• Bay Watcher
  • d~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: May 02, 2011, 12:22:08 pm »

Still, I stand by my opinion that what you're doing here is just not right. The "take as much time as you need as long as it's epic" clause really doesn't cover this. I don't know who let you have more than one year and I'm not going to bother reading back through the thread to find out, but it was an incredibly bad decision. I'm sorry for being all bitter about this...

I'd put it this way: Takuanuva, all that great work you've done will be lost if you don't get a save posted and back to the community. It's more important to give the next players their turn in a reasonable amount of time than to get everything you want done perfectly.

(sez the manager in his third week of trying to get through his Bellwaxed turn...)

Takuanuva

• Bay Watcher
  • The Failkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 02, 2011, 01:11:29 pm »

I'm trying to get it done ASAP, you know. It just takes a while to put all of these notes and actually FINISH the year.

DorvenEngineering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 02, 2011, 01:29:19 pm »

Browsing Legends mode after LordSlowpoke's turn - I think - shows me that dorf-me not only had his name misspelled (:P), but is also dead. Not that I'm complaining, but I'd still like to be redorfed, if that's possible. Name still "Koshmot" - with an 'm', mind - and while I'm at it, preferably a potash maker (Wait for it!).

Also, it turns out that Lur Thiefwitch may have fallen, but he does still have all manner of followers, not all of whom are entirely dwarven:

Why I think goblins are the superior species? In Goblin (language_GOBLIN), "Armok" literally means "skirt-whore", as in "ar" = "skirt" and "mok" = "whore". So while the other languages fail to deliver even as much as a direct translation, to the green-skinned people of the towers, the almighty God of Blood himself is but a little bi*ch. For this, one might induce, they pay with many a hapless siege, yet still, they don't give up and change insults or anything like that. Go, goblins!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: May 02, 2011, 01:42:15 pm »

Getting a horse to worship a god of trickery is perhaps the best trick a mortal can pull off.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: May 02, 2011, 06:44:42 pm »

Getting a horse to worship a god of trickery is perhaps the best trick a mortal can pull off.
What!?! The Horse are the chosen people of Lur blasphemer!

malkomk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 02, 2011, 11:19:45 pm »

Takuanuva, get a move on! Please!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 02, 2011, 11:20:43 pm »

You have until Thursday to post the save.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 189