Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: Notable Games Archive  (Read 48040 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Notable Games Archive
« Reply #225 on: December 20, 2013, 02:52:08 am »

The directory thread isn't really that useful anymore IMO now that everything there is now stickied.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 20, 2013, 02:54:31 am »

I'd be prone to agree, but we've got a billion stickies and the mafia gametypes thread and tutorial aren't stickied yet.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 20, 2013, 12:20:57 pm »

I'd be prone to agree, but we've got a billion stickies and the mafia gametypes thread and tutorial aren't stickied yet.

Yeah, I'm a bit up in the air about whether to sticky those and unsticky the directory thread or leave it as is. Leaning towards just keeping all the important threads sticky and ditching the directory thread, since we no longer have to bug Toady about that sort of thing.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 20, 2013, 11:03:15 pm »

Yeah, I'm a bit up in the air about whether to sticky those and unsticky the directory thread or leave it as is. Leaning towards just keeping all the important threads sticky and ditching the directory thread, since we no longer have to bug Toady about that sort of thing.

I agree, but we've got to retool a lot of these threads.  Might be a good idea to start all of them fresh.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 26, 2013, 04:52:03 pm »

Surely there have been some notable games this year. Blowing my own trumpet (who else will?), the latest BYOR had some pretty sweet application of the Changeling role, there was some excellent flavour-detective work in the last Witches, and the secret to infallible scumhunting was discovered in the last Supernatural, much good it did town. Anyone else got the 2013 notable game picks?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 26, 2013, 06:17:30 pm »

Surely there have been some notable games this year. Blowing my own trumpet (who else will?), the latest BYOR had some pretty sweet application of the Changeling role, there was some excellent flavour-detective work in the last Witches, and the secret to infallible scumhunting was discovered in the last Supernatural, much good it did town. Anyone else got the 2013 notable game picks?
The last Paranormal had a good town game, admittedly against poor scum.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 26, 2013, 06:41:53 pm »

My favorite game this year was King of the Mafia 3, but that's already in the OP...

Not going to mention my own game, not that I think it was the most notable this year, but:

Viva la Revolution made me really angry I think but it's probably a good example of why you shouldn't be too trusting.
Mafia and Mason and Hackers looked hilarious even though I wasn't in it.  Half of the mafia doxx'd themselves on the first day.
Roguelike Mafia 6 had a pretty close ending I feel, if there wasn't that lucky chance of delays.
The Great Temple was a huge headache and might be an interesting case study of seeing a bunch of people go crazy.
Witches' Coven was interesting but the lack of any real balance of forces was annoying.
Supernatural Mafia 6 was broken, unless that makes it notable.
Paranormal Mafia 23 had an amazing town win that I don't think I've seen before.  It wasn't exactly a challenge but the crazy easy win is notable.

Don't really know anything about Magic Mafia, The Lonely Prince, or BYOR12.

EDIT:
One of the Cybrid Mafias also had a very, very fast town win but I don't remember which one.  It had me and Bookthras as town though.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 06:45:01 pm by ToonyMan »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 26, 2013, 07:06:36 pm »

That was 3.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 26, 2013, 08:06:50 pm »

TM7 and TLP were interesting, but they both had serious flaws (TM7 had so few town that the daygame was strange and TLP had a moderation error and barely any work on the puzzle).

That said TM7 is notable because it was a heavily mafia-sided setup that the town won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 26, 2013, 08:08:50 pm »

Mafia and Masons and Hackers was one of my favorite set ups, and it is remarkable how far the scum got considering how suicidal half the team were.

Toon Mafia wasn't the only game were scum claimed this year and I don't think it ever worked out for any of them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 27, 2013, 08:19:00 am »

Does any active player actually know the secret behind Ill Met by Moonlight?  If it isn't going to be run again it would be good to reveal it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 28, 2013, 01:21:58 am »

Paranormal Mafia 23 had an amazing town win that I don't think I've seen before.  It wasn't exactly a challenge but the crazy easy win is notable.
Now if only the PMs would be revealed by each and every player. :P I believe those played an important role back then...

Does any active player actually know the secret behind Ill Met by Moonlight?  If it isn't going to be run again it would be good to reveal it.
Link please? This looks pretty intriguing! (And that'd let us non-players be able to guess, too...)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 28, 2013, 01:31:14 am »

Not an active player any more (actually, it'd be hard to say I was active when I played >.>) but I know the secret.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 28, 2013, 01:32:04 am »

This is the notable games archive, where we keep all of Bay12's best rounds of Mafia.  Since the forum is pretty old, there's a lot of great games here.  If you're a newbie, you should probably start with the Vanilla games, though everything else is awesome, too.

Ill-Met By Moonlight
The mechanics of this game are still left undisclosed.  All that is known at this point is that the town played valiantly, the scum lost, and the flavor was absolutely brilliant.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 28, 2013, 05:50:01 am »

This is the notable games archive, where we keep all of Bay12's best rounds of Mafia.  Since the forum is pretty old, there's a lot of great games here.  If you're a newbie, you should probably start with the Vanilla games, though everything else is awesome, too.

Ill-Met By Moonlight
The mechanics of this game are still left undisclosed.  All that is known at this point is that the town played valiantly, the scum lost, and the flavor was absolutely brilliant.
...I'm blind. >_<
Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21