Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: Notable Games Archive  (Read 48164 times)

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
Re: Notable Games Archive
« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2011, 07:45:15 pm »

I suggest the creation of a Notably Bad Games Archive thread, for kicks.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2011, 07:55:08 pm »

That would be a fitting place for KM4. Not here.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2011, 08:00:29 pm »

I suggest the creation of a Notably Bad Games Archive thread, for kicks.

EDIT: Actually, don't be my guest.  I personally think that will create nothing but wank and bad feelings, because most of the "worst" games were due to naive/poor-spirited play on the parts of certain players.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 08:26:21 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2011, 08:31:01 pm »

Too late <_<
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2011, 08:33:14 pm »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2011, 08:46:52 pm »

The nightmare is over at last

Feel free to emerge from your unintentional-troll shelters
I can see it now.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 24, 2011, 08:50:27 pm »

Yeah, sorry about that.  My first response was "Well, I'm not doing it, so you can do it if you want it done," and then I went "... Wait..."

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2011, 08:58:13 pm »

I mean

I was aware it was quite probably a stupid idea, so I threw some disclaimers in the topic page.

I'm not mad or embarrassed or anything. Well, maybe a little bit embarrassed, but whatever.

I'mma go play some mafia, where my faux pas have tangible consequences, and forget about this misadventure.

Speaking of misadventures, WWYDT had better be worthy of this thread by the time it's done, or I will be disappoint at this wait.
I can see it now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2011, 09:29:10 pm »

You people and your silly ideas. I had a silly idea once. Back when I was about 7 years old, I decided slip n slides were amazing fun, but had wondered why no indoor one had been created.

In pursuit of such answers, I grabbed the garden hose, two friends of dubious intelligence, and a sheet of plastic. The hall would become soaked to the floor with water, riding the plastic sheet like a penguin on ice while swinging a ten-gallon hat.

My friends, who we shall call friend A and friend B, were to be on both ends of a long hallway to both push me at what would be incredible speeds and to catch me before the stairs at the end of the hallway, which water was now running down.

I donned my plastic sheet, wearing a bathing suit which was about three sizes too big, and told friend A to push. Of course, there was as little friction to push as there was to stop me, but luckily the wall was very helpful, shoving friend A, and by extension me.

Luckily, the neck damage was minimum to friend A. The ridicule that caused severe depression for years to come from the neck brace was much worse.

I slid the thirty feet in about 2.5 seconds, colliding with friend B. He landed relatively unharmed on his back, after doing a front flip. Little did I remember that the stairs were carpeted, and that the minimal friction worked against me, pulling the sheet loose, as well as my swim trunks. Though I "rolled into it" like my gym teacher used to yell at me while I failed to perform somersaults, I managed to break my arm and my ego.

Luckily, it was about this time my mother returned home, which made explaining the mess rather easily. Unfortunately, she had returned with the entire soccer team of my sister, who laughed at my bruised, naked body.

It only made thing better to know my elementary school crush had started a rumor while I was in the hospital that I am always naked at home, earning me the nickname "Naked boy" for several years. My cast was filled with various versions of this.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2011, 09:32:00 pm »

what is this I don't even
I can see it now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2011, 11:31:25 pm »

Yeah, uh... this is an archive for exemplary play, not play that sucked balls.

Example:

We did not deserve that win at all. Everyone was completely wrong about scum until Lylo, at which point suddenly everyone was confirmed.

I can't understand how town managed to win with kingmaker randomly choosing a king, and royally screwed up game.

I blame the format.  Despite the lack of a voting record, you can have two confirmed townies at LYLO, meaning the third townie knows the alignments of everyone.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2011, 11:51:41 pm »

Yeah, uh... this is an archive for exemplary play, not play that sucked balls.

Example:

We did not deserve that win at all. Everyone was completely wrong about scum until Lylo, at which point suddenly everyone was confirmed.

I can't understand how town managed to win with kingmaker randomly choosing a king, and royally screwed up game.

I blame the format.  Despite the lack of a voting record, you can have two confirmed townies at LYLO, meaning the third townie knows the alignments of everyone.
Right, but it's the convincing part that makes it difficult.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2011, 02:09:56 pm »

To be fair, a similar situation can easily arise in, say, a Beginner's mafia if there's a cop.  And the chance for people to be confirmed is basically completely balanced by the chance that town loses instantly by getting it wrong.  It does make the game more swingy, though.

I guess I should work out the probability of each side winning a standard 9p KM game with random lynches and kings...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2011, 02:12:19 pm »

I'd love to see those results.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2011, 02:21:57 pm »

It's occured to me that it's actually impossible to model what happens if scum decides to bus (in the "random lynch" model, you'd never want to bus anyway).  I'll just do it without bussing.

I'm also assuming the KM won't get lynched until lylo, because they shouldn't be.  Preliminary results say the town has a 0.0357 chance of winning on day 2.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 02:30:47 pm by Leafsnail »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21