Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 947 948 [949] 950 951 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2097916 times)

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14220 on: November 26, 2018, 11:41:00 am »

So they are.

According to the wiki, things get a bit weird if have liege kingdoms that aren’t dejure part of your empire, or there are different religions involved. They can basically ignore your laws in some situations.
The exceptions listed there don't apply here. That's been all happening within the de jure Russian empire. I hold all kingdom titles, and the empire, with identical laws across the board.

I used to play essentially the same setup before Holy Fury, and seem to remember the Pax Russiana among my vassals working as intended. But my memory might simply be getting wonky.
I'd like to know if anyone has had similar experience, and if it's normal, resulting just from me not understanding how the laws work, or if it's a post-dlc bug infestation.

You have to understand, it almost never worked as you're remembering. For example, you have to realize that the kingdom law stuff only prevents inheritance wars WITHIN those kingdoms. Even if they're all de jure imperial Russia, vassals in different kingdoms can war with each other because crown laws only ever apply at the kingdom level. There's never been such a thing as imperial crown law.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the inheritance warning has never taken into account crown authority. So you'll get the warning, but it won't ever happen.

That said I could be completely wrong about all of this and these are just bugs from playing legacy content.

As for the agnatic-cognatoc thing, if your daughters are competing for votes, you’re not ultimogeniture. I’m reasonably sure you can only change inheritance laws once per character, so you have to wait ‘til your next character to switch it to ultimogeniture.
That's not the point. As I wrote I was elective gavelkind. This is about the gender part of inheritance laws. Agnatic-cognatic, as per its description, should not allow women to be considered while eligible male heirs exist - is what I understood it to mean.
Also, iirc, when my son was eventually elected, the laws otherwise worked as advertised, in that my daughters did not get a share of my demesne.

Yeah, that's a misinterpretation of the tooltip. Daughters won't be considered for the gavelkind distribution of your titles, but they are eligible to be nominated as the primary heir.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14221 on: November 29, 2018, 01:37:16 am »

Stupid question, how do I de-blob the Empire of Francia or otherwise break it up? It's 947 and the Empire of Francia has gotten all of the Carolingan dynasty empires except parts of Italy.
Keep assassinating the Emperor until they get gavelkinded to death

I’ve tried this, it doesn’t work because every time it looks like they’re going to get gavelkinded to death, some other dynasty takes over.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14222 on: November 29, 2018, 10:50:57 am »

If you can't beat them, marry them.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14223 on: November 29, 2018, 11:09:42 am »

Then beat them.
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14224 on: November 29, 2018, 11:30:37 am »

Hispania got conquered and created by the Umayyads, so, not an option for this current game.

Incidentially, is there a period range where the crusades usually start? Because I thought a Muslim Hispania would be a trigger for the Pope to call a Crusade. In various iterations, I've had the crusades start around the year 1000, give or take up to 50 years. In the real world though, the first Crusade started in 1095.

Then beat them.

Focusing on consuming Hispania from within atm.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14225 on: November 29, 2018, 11:31:58 am »

Then beat them.
There are a lot of things you can do in CK2. You can castrate children. You can fuck a horse. You can even push Death down a flight of stairs.

But you can't beat your spouse.

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14226 on: November 29, 2018, 11:55:18 am »

Then beat them.
There are a lot of things you can do in CK2. You can castrate children. You can fuck a horse. You can even push Death down a flight of stairs.

I couldn't find a mod in the Steam Workshop that overtly allows you to beat your wife, though it could be a feature of a mod with a larger scope, just hard to find. There are many mods concerning diversity issues:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=821758721&searchtext=culture+improvement
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1123670824&searchtext=genocide
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=618463795

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14227 on: November 29, 2018, 12:08:34 pm »

y tho
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14228 on: November 29, 2018, 12:13:44 pm »

y tho

Lol, because Christians don't beat their wives or children. That's pagan Spartan crapola.

Paradox adds in all the potential for modders. I think they realized since Victoria 2, in which they literally created the statistical populations for possibly all of the world's religions and ethnicities, that they would just grandly sweep over many issues.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 12:21:33 pm by Bob69Joe »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14229 on: November 29, 2018, 02:42:58 pm »

I feel like if there is a mod with wife beating functionality, it's probably on LoversLab, not Steam.

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14230 on: November 29, 2018, 04:48:25 pm »

I feel like if there is a mod with wife beating functionality, it's probably on LoversLab, not Steam.

Oh boy, I've never seen that. The closest thing Ive seen is the Morrowind bodies and what my buddy has on his Oblivion. Anyways, it's always nice to have more functionality. :D

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14231 on: November 29, 2018, 06:21:00 pm »

Is there a problem with the new crusades when getting targeted? because I had my muslim liege (Emperor of Hispania, I'm a King under him) get targeted with a crusade and the tab made the popup UI whether to join or not come up. However, about two months before the crusade was supposed to start, the button disappeared and then a month or two after the crusade was supposed to start, it reappeared, but clicking on it does nothing (I had already joined anyway) and several months later, the crusade hasn't started but the button is still there.

Since the Christian side of the UI works just fine, I expected the defender side to work, so.. somethings up.

EDIT: NOW it starts, about a year after it was supposed to start. *shrug*
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 07:25:03 pm by smjjames »

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14232 on: November 30, 2018, 05:33:30 am »

Then beat them.

I'm not entirely sure why we're discussing this but couldn't you technically imprison, then torture? Wouldn't that count?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #14233 on: November 30, 2018, 08:43:39 am »

During my Norman England playthrough, one of my more cruel rulers mutilated, humiliated, and tortured his own mother. He also did the same thing to his wife, IIRC.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14234 on: November 30, 2018, 01:33:25 pm »

Oh that's SOP for me, I mean after you've cheated enough to hit -100 you have to do something to slow down those murder plots.
Pages: 1 ... 947 948 [949] 950 951 ... 1002