Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2096724 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14190 on: November 22, 2018, 11:01:32 am »

Another option is to undermine the moral authority of the religion Francia follows, usually Catholic, and let them tear themselves apart with religious schisms. This can be problematic if you are yourself Catholic, unless you manage to snag Fraticelli, which is basically better than normal Catholic provided you can overthrow the old religion.

Assuming you're still House de Castille this isn't really an option, because you aren't particularly powerful enough or flexible enough in war declarations to snipe out holy sites.

I managed to become King of Navarra by accident when I had made a claim on the counties of Navarra and Alto Aragon and Alto Aragon had been taken over by Fraticelli (which later got nuked by the Pope sending an army of inquisitors). Then while I was letting my army build back up, my liege decided to declare war on Navarra for my claim on Navarra (I thought it was the county claim, not the kingdom claim), the war was quick, then right after we won, I spontaneously usurped the title of the Kingdom of Navarra.

I'm currently trying to either wait and let Asturias split into Asturias and Aragon or use the reconquista to Holy War for Toledo and get more territory and get stronger, also ally the kingdom of Portugal somehow.

Funny that you spoke of Fraticelli though since that had shown up (theres been an explosion of Cathar in the region though) and then got nuked by the Pope, so, that opportunity is gone.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 11:35:47 am by smjjames »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14191 on: November 22, 2018, 02:53:03 pm »

Also: something that you might not have noticed: in random worlds you create a custom history, and THEREFORE you can set whichever start date suits you and it WILL work. So even without mods you can potentially play a 1000+ years game

How do I do that though? In both shattered and random, there is no way to choose the start date while in the interface for shattered or random. The only way I can change the start date is by choosing one of the periods and I can't choose anything further back than 769.
I replied afterwards: turns out it´s mod driven. Go for the "ultimate ending" mod.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14192 on: November 23, 2018, 08:57:43 am »

My character threw death down a trap door at a party and his daughter beat death at chess I feel like he might have an axe to grind with her kid.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14193 on: November 23, 2018, 12:17:16 pm »

Also: something that you might not have noticed: in random worlds you create a custom history, and THEREFORE you can set whichever start date suits you and it WILL work. So even without mods you can potentially play a 1000+ years game

How do I do that though? In both shattered and random, there is no way to choose the start date while in the interface for shattered or random. The only way I can change the start date is by choosing one of the periods and I can't choose anything further back than 769.
I replied afterwards: turns out it´s mod driven. Go for the "ultimate ending" mod.

And you already told me that: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=64218.msg7889101#msg7889101

My character threw death down a trap door at a party and his daughter beat death at chess I feel like he might have an axe to grind with her kid.

I've never had the event where the character throws Death down a trapdoor at a party.

I had Death show up when on one run when my character was in the dungeon due to being accused of heresy (and actually was a secret Sunni) and I was unable to get out and I was like 'Just kill me, NOW!', needless to say, I chose the 'attempt to stop him/her' despite the 20% chance of success

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14194 on: November 23, 2018, 04:53:40 pm »

I've never had the event where the character throws Death down a trapdoor at a party.

I had Death show up when on one run when my character was in the dungeon due to being accused of heresy (and actually was a secret Sunni) and I was unable to get out and I was like 'Just kill me, NOW!', needless to say, I chose the 'attempt to stop him/her' despite the 20% chance of success

Reaper's Due, it's a Masque of Red Death inspired event but my character was super sneaky and kind of a dick.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14195 on: November 24, 2018, 10:38:55 am »

Reaper's Due, it's a Masque of Red Death inspired event but my character was super sneaky and kind of a dick.

I've had the Death event you're talking about, where you can try to beat Death at chess, just never succeeded at throwing Death down a trapdoor or something. Also, I was in the dungeon, if there was a trapdoor, why didn't I escape using it? heh.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14196 on: November 24, 2018, 11:22:16 am »

I've had the Death event you're talking about, where you can try to beat Death at chess, just never succeeded at throwing Death down a trapdoor or something. Also, I was in the dungeon, if there was a trapdoor, why didn't I escape using it? heh.
You misunderstand. There is ANOTHER event, where death shows up during a masque ball.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14197 on: November 24, 2018, 01:26:05 pm »

You misunderstand. There is ANOTHER event, where death shows up during a masque ball.
There is a hilarious outcome where if you're immortal, death can thrust their hand into your chest to claim your soul. There's a 2/3rd chance that death's attack will fail, leaving both of you embarrassed and incredibly flustered (+15% fertility)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14198 on: November 25, 2018, 01:56:52 am »

So for the first time (I think in large part due to the warrior lodges) I was able to reform the zunist faith.

I chose dogmatic + dawnbreakers (divine blood + polygamy) + stability + temporal leadership.

Does my reforming character become a god (dogmatic + divine blood+ temporal) after he dies? Or does some event pop off for it. Also...been 6 years...still no holy warriors...

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14199 on: November 25, 2018, 10:26:54 am »

Does my reforming character become a god (dogmatic + divine blood+ temporal) after he dies? Or does some event pop off for it.

what are you talking about?

Also...been 6 years...still no holy warriors...

do you have the charlemagne dlc?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14200 on: November 25, 2018, 03:36:59 pm »

Does my reforming character become a god (dogmatic + divine blood+ temporal) after he dies? Or does some event pop off for it.

what are you talking about?

Also...been 6 years...still no holy warriors...

do you have the charlemagne dlc?

Talking about Jesus I guess? I don’t think pagan (well, everything other than the Abrahamic group) religions have a saint/demigod mechanism, whether or not the religion in the real world have their ingame equivalents of saints.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14201 on: November 25, 2018, 04:20:25 pm »

The pagan equivalent of Saints are the Ancestors but you need to take a certain pagan reform to make them. Additionally having a temporial ruler means you can never get your character as an Ancestor, since the event doesn't fire due to a delay. Something about targeting the dead character but I'm don't completely remember the exact problem, just that it could be solved by eliminating the event delay.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14202 on: November 25, 2018, 07:18:21 pm »

Venerated Ancestors is the pagan reform equivalent of saints. Not something he said he had.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14203 on: November 25, 2018, 07:24:24 pm »

Isn’t Zunist pagan? Because Christianity considers everything not itself as pagan.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14204 on: November 25, 2018, 08:38:39 pm »

As far as I’m aware, everything that’s not Dharmic (Buddhism, Jainism and... the other one. Hinduism!) Islam or Christian is regarded as Pagan in-game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 1002