Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 935 936 [937] 938 939 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2096552 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14040 on: November 13, 2018, 01:54:01 pm »

I am Bastet "The Grinner" Stalker, High Chieftess of the matriarchal warrior cats whose propensity for raiding and ritual sacrafice are depopulating the coffers and family trees of our near neighbors. In the east the bear-pope stirs the quarrels with the porcupine occupy his attention, in time I shall rally the great cat clans under one banner and we shall drive our enemies before us.

I'm having a pretty good time with the DLC if that wasn't clear.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14041 on: November 13, 2018, 02:03:58 pm »

I serve the Artisan of the Stars, the ascended leader of humanity’s rebellion against the gods long ago. We must forever stand guard against the Omega, the remnant of the defeated gods, as they seek to restore their cruel dominion over Man.

I’m loving the random religion descriptions. Sure, there’s not unlimited variety, but the stuff has my imagination in overdrive. I figure he’s called the Artisan of Stars because he fashioned the very stars in the night sky as celestial prisons for the gods. Figuring out how to incorporate the other faiths of the religious group into this is... a bit trickier, but equally enjoyable.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14042 on: November 13, 2018, 02:20:10 pm »

To honor The Ancient One whose arm was savagely cut off by The Flayed Bride, and who, in his infinite generosity, transformed his own fallen flesh into the world, I shall cut off my own arm so that I may share in this sacrifice. By the stars!

(it's pretty good, but I'm currently stuck doing compatibility work because modding)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14043 on: November 13, 2018, 02:47:27 pm »

Haven't played in a loooong time, so this might have changed a long time ago. Playing as Suomenusko pagans, and I can't seem to do any decent raiding because the monthly upkeep of ships is ludicrously high. Did the cost of ships go up in some patch and is there a way to make raiding profitable again?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14044 on: November 13, 2018, 02:59:47 pm »

Soumenusko don't get ship raiding (which makes the price of ships with raiders nearby go down), only land raiding.

Ship raiding is a Norse/Germanic and Berber feature, iirc.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14045 on: November 13, 2018, 03:06:16 pm »

I have genned a couple of worlds just to see more random religions and heresies. There was one in which there was a major religion in conflict with a huge heresy. The schism came from the heretic's unwillingness to recognize the importance of the Owl of Fate
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14046 on: November 13, 2018, 03:18:49 pm »

what a hoot
Love, scriver~

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14047 on: November 13, 2018, 03:26:45 pm »

oh shit is it the 13th already, this came out today right

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14048 on: November 13, 2018, 03:35:34 pm »

oh shit is it the 13th already, this came out today right
Yup.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 03:41:23 pm by Ultimuh »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14049 on: November 13, 2018, 03:46:36 pm »

This broke the vampire mod. Likely any other religion-customizing mod. I hope the VR maker fixes it.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14050 on: November 13, 2018, 04:55:13 pm »

I’ve somehow ended up with 32 Martial and 124 Personal Combat Skill with my second ruler in this Shattered game. I lead my Warrior Lodge and wage war with my children as Commanders on my side. My daughter is also my Shieldmaiden - who just nearly got killed in battle before my very eyes and in the aftermath became my bestest friend. There are a lot of events for battles and lodges, I’m liking it a whole lot. There’s a huge amount of story potential in them. Makes me wanna do an AAR for once.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14051 on: November 13, 2018, 05:03:11 pm »

Is the Random creator DLC or base game?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14052 on: November 13, 2018, 07:29:59 pm »

I’ve somehow ended up with 32 Martial and 124 Personal Combat Skill with my second ruler in this Shattered game. I lead my Warrior Lodge and wage war with my children as Commanders on my side. My daughter is also my Shieldmaiden - who just nearly got killed in battle before my very eyes and in the aftermath became my bestest friend. There are a lot of events for battles and lodges, I’m liking it a whole lot. There’s a huge amount of story potential in them. Makes me wanna do an AAR for once.

They multiplied personal combat skill by 10. That’s the old equivalent of 12.
It's still insanely high.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14053 on: November 13, 2018, 08:36:05 pm »

Yeah it's pretty easy to get a really high personal combat number.

I had 144 at one point. Guy was a literal dragonslayer, killing them by the hundreds. I mean, that's what happens when you live next to them after all.

I played a few games with animals. On one hand, the animals have some specific traits and things they can do such as how dragons and eat / incinerate their captives. On the other, their lifespans are identical to humans, which is kinda silly.

I think I'll turn them off though, it's so hard to tell which animal is which as there's so few portraits for them.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14054 on: November 13, 2018, 10:11:34 pm »

Formed my first ever bloodline (random cultures, kingdoms, religions), helps when your first character lasts for a long time, about 2 years later she died attempting the immortality event chain:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Really like the custom religion stuff, i'm actually playing as a kingdom with a woman-only-ruler/warrior/council religion, its neat!
Pages: 1 ... 935 936 [937] 938 939 ... 1002