Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 928 929 [930] 931 932 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2096450 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13935 on: October 28, 2018, 12:47:13 pm »

I don't think the game ever hides assassinations from you, if the person doesn't get caught its just "suspicious circumstances".

(random side note, if you're a baby there's a really creepy event you can get that describes in second person your nurse smothering you)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13936 on: October 28, 2018, 12:57:38 pm »

Well, the joke was that I tried to imply my character only believed the doctor when he said he had been cured because he had gone insane, and then when he died from cancer the next year the doctor decreed it was "of natural causes" rather than the cancer.

I know it wasn't the actual code reasons.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13937 on: October 28, 2018, 11:47:43 pm »

I don't think the game ever hides assassinations from you, if the person doesn't get caught its just "suspicious circumstances".

(random side note, if you're a baby there's a really creepy event you can get that describes in second person your nurse smothering you)

I’ve had that. Went through a phase of using ultimogeniture all the time.

Had to take a moment before continuing trying to make my next baby survive to adulthood.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13938 on: October 29, 2018, 03:46:49 am »

Did I tell you as my game as the immortal Grandmaster of the Assasins a while back?  Now, I kickstarted a new family branch every few years, and after a couple of centuries I had descendants placed in odd positions all over western Europe. And all wanted to kill my character because all had a decent claim on inheritances, which would be split around. I had murder plots coming in from the unlikeliest places. The only thing ensuring my char's survival was the Assasin's plot defense bonus.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13939 on: November 03, 2018, 11:54:21 am »

Started a game as the Venician merchant republic, and won a crusade for Jerusalem. Any tips on how to distribute all these counties?
Love, scriver~

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13940 on: November 03, 2018, 12:33:12 pm »

Started a game as the Venician merchant republic, and won a crusade for Jerusalem. Any tips on how to distribute all these counties?
Although it'll reduce your limit on trade posts in the short run, it could be worth landing family members. That'll let them reproduce more, and since you can inherit the land back later, it allows more future options. If you run out, may as well just use random characters, assuming their aren't already Christian mayors who you can give the titles.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13941 on: November 03, 2018, 12:39:32 pm »

Take the silk road for yourself, give everything else to nobles/mayors of your culture/religion. I prefer nobles for the Kingdom of Jerusalem and Mayors everywhere else, because high ranking mayors are a nightmare to get rid of in the Kingdom of Jersualem, because it is an indestructible de jure title

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13943 on: November 04, 2018, 12:46:52 pm »

Immersive pregnancies? In my Crusader Kings? It's more likely than you think!
The important question is how many kids can you birth as an immortal Queen Victoria on fertility steroids

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13944 on: November 04, 2018, 01:09:22 pm »

Immersive pregnancies? In my Crusader Kings? It's more likely than you think!
The important question is how many kids can you birth as an immortal Queen Victoria on fertility steroids
All of them.
(I think there is an invisible cap that stealthily reduces your fertility, but I am not sure)
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13945 on: November 04, 2018, 04:08:16 pm »

All of them.
(I think there is an invisible cap that stealthily reduces your fertility, but I am not sure)
Female fertility decreases with age normally, but immortals have their graphical culture frozen on the age they gained immortality. If this also means their fertility stat is frozen in place, a female character who gained immortality early enough should theoretically be an infinite fount of children provided no birth complications occur (one wonders if birth complications would be covered under immortals' general inability to die from diseases)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13946 on: November 04, 2018, 04:54:45 pm »

All of them.
Female fertility decreases with age normally, but immortals have their graphical culture frozen on the age they gained immortality. If this also means their fertility stat is frozen in place, a female character who gained immortality early enough should theoretically be an infinite fount of children provided no birth complications occur (one wonders if birth complications would be covered under immortals' general inability to die from diseases)
What I mean is that I think there is some sort of limiter that radically decreases your chances of having kids once you got a specific number of living offspring.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13947 on: November 04, 2018, 04:59:12 pm »

Ah, but as your offspring ages and dies the slots shall be left open once more, allowing Queen Victoria to breed forever.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13948 on: November 04, 2018, 05:08:27 pm »

In one of my games, I played an immortal who ruled various kingdoms over 500 years or so, using debug commands to jump around and make fun new scenarios for myself. Can confirm that I had so many children during that time that it broke the char screen for my guy, making me unable to select any of them. It was somewhere around 50 kids I think, but it's been a while. I eventually stopped having them because it became such a hassle to try to find them, and there was noticable slowdown whenever I opened my character screen.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13949 on: November 04, 2018, 05:35:39 pm »

What I mean is that I think there is some sort of limiter that radically decreases your chances of having kids once you got a specific number of living offspring.
My experience tends to be a hardcap at 8. I've heard elsewhere that it's based on number of valid heirs, not offspring, but I've never tested or noticed this.

Event-based pregnancies are unaffected, of course, so you can still whore it up with Conclave's Seduction Focus.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 928 929 [930] 931 932 ... 1002