Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 865 866 [867] 868 869 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2095015 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12990 on: January 20, 2018, 06:21:34 am »

Revoke their title, create vassal from it. The new vassal should be of your culture

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12991 on: January 20, 2018, 06:39:28 am »

I think autogenerated characters such as mayors just receive whatever culture the county has.

So if you revoke and grant it to someone with the right culture, the character generated when he dies will just end up with the county culture again.

I think.
Love, scriver~

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12992 on: January 20, 2018, 12:01:02 pm »

Revoke their title, create vassal from it. The new vassal should be of your culture
Merchant Republic, can't revoke without good cause. There's workarounds (fabricate claim, become heretic revoke heretic lands), but it's not something I'll be able to manage with any frequency.

I think autogenerated characters such as mayors just receive whatever culture the county has.

So if you revoke and grant it to someone with the right culture, the character generated when he dies will just end up with the county culture again.

I think.
I've had mixed results with this. The original holders of at least some of my cities were Pictish and I'm fairly certain they generated a Pictish council, but now they're native and I'm not sure when or how that occurred. The Bishophrics are still manned by and generating Pictish heirs, however.

Speaking of which, is it normal for Mayor-Counts to only generate an heir to their city and an heir to their temple? They spawned their own full councils to start with, but once that's done they don't seem interested in maintaining courtiers.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12993 on: January 20, 2018, 12:36:35 pm »

Oh, it's a mayor-count. Didn't catch that.
Love, scriver~

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12994 on: January 20, 2018, 01:05:28 pm »

Yeah, sorry if that wasn't clear. By giant republic I meant everything I can manage ruled by Mayor-Counts and Mayor-Dukes, with a proper Merchant Republic holding the King title.

Unfortunately trying to do this tends to reveal that you weren't really intended to do this.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12995 on: January 20, 2018, 01:11:57 pm »

Yeah, sorry if that wasn't clear. By giant republic I meant everything I can manage ruled by Mayor-Counts and Mayor-Dukes, with a proper Merchant Republic holding the King title.

Unfortunately trying to do this tends to reveal that you weren't really intended to do this.
Yeah, the further you get in Republic content from playing as Venice, the more it breaks down.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12996 on: January 20, 2018, 01:15:02 pm »

I wish that the HRE wasn't so hard to take land from as Venice. It's frustrating that Venice games are almost exclusively about trying to take Dalmatia from Croatia before Byzantium beats you to it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12997 on: January 22, 2018, 05:39:50 pm »

my son inherited a county outside my realm.
my grandniece inherited within the kingdom.

they got married 'cuz the tiks'.  now I have three lovely drooling sons in line to clutch away my toys and ram them together like they were lego helicoptors.

but! my first-in-line is strong like a horsie.  strong inbred monster looming over my tyrannical and hated duke of most of italy
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 05:42:11 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12998 on: January 22, 2018, 06:39:26 pm »

I think the game hates me. Trying to do a Berbera playthrough. In order:

- Forge an alliance with the king of Yemen. Midway through a war against the Bedouin guy due west of Berbera, I get the "foreign pirates" event chain and the alliance breaks down. The moment the war is over he turns on me.

- Forge an alliance with the King of Yemen. I manage to conquer most of Afar from Axum when the Yemeni sultan's daughter dies, the alliance breaks down, and he turns on me.

- Decide that the King of Yemen can go to hell. Forge alliance with the Hashimids, take Socotra, go to war with the Yemeni over Afar. We win, the Yemeni come back for round 2. They siege down Socotra, which jacks their war score up ridiculously high and lets them destroy me. I rage quit when they take Afar back.

- Decide to play it safe and swear fealty to Yemen. While conquering Shewa from one of their vassals, my ruler dies at 41 from "poor health". My nine-year-old son is hated by everybody, including his guardian. The game crashes and I decide I'm not coming back to that one either.

Next plan of attack is to go after another Hashimid alliance and let the Yemeni take Socotra. It's nothing but a burden on whoever gets it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12999 on: January 22, 2018, 07:29:13 pm »

died of vomitus induced drinking.

son, strong-like-inbred-bull, finished the holy war on the zikri muslim heretic of tunis that bangs-his-niece started.

then, his mums inducted him into the catholic kingdom's secret iconclast heresy for his 12th birthday present.   ohh boy, imagine this shaping up into a funfilled rp adventure.

the germanics have reformed, the Lithuanian-polish Commonwealth is a few centuries early, bulgaria is secretly southern ukraine in dusguise, and the bordergore of europe is tame.  but suddenly east francian sunni karling happened.  crusades in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:32:28 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #13000 on: January 24, 2018, 06:34:26 am »

Spoiler: My proudest fap yet (click to show/hide)

As you see here, I've managed to restore the Persian Empire and become Saoshyant. I started as Kharazia because I wanted to try out Nomads... And I'm never gonna play them again, because of how stressing it is to play as them. They're OP, but their OP-ness is too much for my brain to handle...
I'll probably settle down as a Merchant Republic when I get a son (BECOME PREGNANT ALREADY, SISTER-WIFE!), grant independence to all who's not a part of de-jure Persian Empire, and rename "Persian Empire" to "Khazar-Persian Conglomerate".
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13001 on: January 24, 2018, 03:47:15 pm »

Send help

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Muslims were ridiculously strong this game. Seljuks somehow became Rum (???) and went Ottoman on me 400 years early, some Algerian guys conquered Toulouse and were beaten back only by a Crusade, Fatimids took the entire Maghreb. On one hand, I was playing Somali Muslims, so I didn't have to deal with getting crushed the way Christian Ethiopians do. On the other hand, I have literally nowhere to go because my friendly neighborhood Turks and my critical ally in Egypt have taken every single bit of land I can reach

I'm honestly thinking of dropping this one. I was hoping to finally take a game to 1453, but I don't feel like saving up 5000 grace to have China blow up the 5% decadence Seljuks for me.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13002 on: January 24, 2018, 04:38:08 pm »

If you can't beat them, join them.

Then beat their vassals.
Love, scriver~

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13003 on: January 24, 2018, 04:49:09 pm »

I was also considering dropping the Fatimid alliance, buddying up to the Seljuks, and taking Egypt, but upon further thought, I decided that by the time the Seljuk conquest train stops--if it stops--it'll be too late. They've got the force of like 3 Byzantine Emperors behind them at this point, and they'll have more when the "recently conquered" modifiers stop in Hungary. It'll be child's play for them to take out Bavaria, and their decadence seems to continually drop at all times because decadence management is so easy an oftentimes slightly brain-dead AI can handle it. Unfortunately, I can't swear fealty to them, because we're both kings. They don't have enough land in Iran or Arabia to form either empire, I don't know if the AI can make custom empires, and you have to be Christian to form the Byzantine Empire.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13004 on: January 24, 2018, 04:51:43 pm »

Murderate the guy.

Rebellions will happen eventually.  If only to press claims on the kingdom.  His vassal opinion is high now, but he can neither live forever nor keep on fighting.  Plus mongols will come knocking asp, right?  And china can always do its job.

In my own world, its 1000, almost, and my god Ive grown out of control.  I took aquantine from the andlusian kingdom of usurped-the-uyammads but not the new emperor and managed to die in rapid succession.  The last (good) king died of being murdered by his sister's random-ass and jealous husband, and his diplo was 28!  The queen just died of bloody scurvy, and her son has had his hand chopped off and died of a really bad court physician.  A duke has successfully fabbed a claim in the throne, and because none of the previous three or four kings of sicily have managed to establish a long reign or good reputation they seem ready to revolt against my child-king.  Next in line is his cousin who lives in whats left of Lombardy and has admittedly good stats but I dont really kin losing my hereditary line of kings to be frank.

Plagues keep stalking the kingdom specifically, and Mongols are currently rampaging around in syria.  They've managed to take southern parts of byzantine, and OMFG THE SECRET CULT OF ICONOCLASTS HAS CONVERTED THE MUSSIE OF PERSIAN EMPIRE AND THE DAMN KHAN.  for reals, the khan of mongols has publicly gone iconoclast and the Caliph of Abyysasid has secretly adopted it.  At least that was the case when my little imbred duke was floating around . . .

This iconcolast cult is proof that the illuminate exists.  Its literally worldwide atp.  Funnily, the tengri faith was reformed prior to this.  German reliigion is sticking to its roots up north despite their reformation, and the world is actually kind of boring in its relative inaction.  Things seem to follow a relative status quo around.  Except the mongols, oc
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 05:07:32 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 865 866 [867] 868 869 ... 1002