Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2095024 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12930 on: January 04, 2018, 08:28:29 am »

So what's this bearstuff, if your char isn't insane?

Some kind of identity politics stuff? I identify as a cat, so therefore I am one?

IIRC, there's once was a joke about Secret Bear DLC, where your character was killed and replaced by a bear. So there comes Jade Dragon and adds an event about one of your siblings actually being a bear all his/her life. It's a Sir Bearington reference, if you have guessed.
Jade Dragon also added cat spymasters for insane characters, so you can have more animal friends besides Glitterhoof and Sir Bearington.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12931 on: January 04, 2018, 08:37:54 am »

Becoming Samrat Chakravartin was seriously underwhelming.
Is uniting India as dharmic just a grind?

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12932 on: January 04, 2018, 09:47:42 am »

Some kind of identity politics stuff? I identify as a cat, so therefore I am one?

Hes gone in and out of insanity twice

and has been possessed by both Jesus and Satan
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12933 on: January 04, 2018, 11:54:21 am »

Yeah, India is ultra boring.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12934 on: January 04, 2018, 12:53:13 pm »

To give their marketers a tool of distraction when necessary, Paradox relies on unfunny jokes which apparently play well with a certain portion of the audience (the "arrow to the knee" crowd) and humanize then. They got a bit carried away with one of those jokes, and actually implemented it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12935 on: January 04, 2018, 01:07:24 pm »

Yeah, India is ultra boring.
The problem is that it's far too stable due to the cb limitations the indian religions have on each other.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12936 on: January 04, 2018, 01:19:43 pm »

I definitely remember ranting a lot about India before on here but I can't find it. Oh well.

Getting Samrat Chakravartin was definitely super boring. It's worse than the 7 centuries one I think.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12937 on: January 04, 2018, 02:56:57 pm »

Is uniting India as dharmic just a grind?
Basically.

Don’t even get any special pop-ups saying how awesome you are, everything just goes orange and you lose 2 empire titles and wonder what you’re going to do with yourself for the last 3 centuries.

Not even sure I can get the ‘chievo for holding Rajastan and Persia since Rajastan doesn’t exist anymore.

Just have to smash the Byzantines for Constantinople and the pope for Rome to convert them to a dharmic religion, which is made significantly easier with societies... maybe get over to Britain somehow.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12938 on: January 04, 2018, 03:42:27 pm »

Not even sure I can get the ‘chievo for holding Rajastan and Persia since Rajastan doesn’t exist anymore.
I went into the files. Rajastan still exists, though it may have been renamed in the localisation. It contains the kingdoms of Sindh, Punjab, Delhi, Gujarat, Rajputana, and Malwa. So go for the one that has those kingdoms in it.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12939 on: January 04, 2018, 03:45:27 pm »

I think he's talking about how Rajastan was destroyed permanently as a result of getting the Samrat Chakravartin achievement. It's a natural result of merging the three empires together.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12940 on: January 04, 2018, 04:00:45 pm »

I think he's talking about how Rajastan was destroyed permanently as a result of getting the Samrat Chakravartin achievement. It's a natural result of merging the three empires together.
Ah, I misunderstood. In that case yeah, you're screwed.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12941 on: January 04, 2018, 04:07:31 pm »

If you take Persia, it would be reasonable to just give yourself that achievement anyway.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12942 on: January 04, 2018, 04:28:11 pm »

Good news. I checked the files and you can get the achievement with the Empire of India instead of Rajastan. Apparently Paradox fixed that particular problem a while back after people complained enough about it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12943 on: January 04, 2018, 04:30:28 pm »

Fair enough, cheers lads.

Should probably have checked that prior to making the Abassids a tributary. Ah well.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #12944 on: January 05, 2018, 02:28:29 am »

So, I've checked out When The World Stopped Making Sense mod, and there was a FUCKING BUBONIC PLAGUE IN THE 470s! I miraculously survived, but my not-very-smart heir also survived. I had to imprison and sacrifice him.
Other highlights include:
Since I was playing as Saxony, which holds 2 of the Germanic holy sites, I was able to snatch a third one in Scandinavia pretty quickly in order to reform.
I exploited migration CB, where I would white peace immediately and keep my migration troops for raiding/warring.
I seduced a lot of ladies. All of them died from plague or other diseases.
My futile try to plot to kidnap my dumb sonny.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 02:39:24 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 1002