Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 859 860 [861] 862 863 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2095052 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12900 on: December 31, 2017, 05:40:56 am »

Just be aware... invading China itself involves easily the hardest fight in the game (attrition-free troops, ultra-godmode generals, Aztec-sized armies, etc.). And if you lose, you will suffer greatly as losing will destroy all your king and empire titles. Also you can't invade them when they're not at their strongest for some batshit reason.

It is not a decision to be made lightly.

If you are having trouble just dealing with the troops spawned by the Western Protectorate, then I do not think you can deal with what would happen if you invaded.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12901 on: December 31, 2017, 11:32:23 am »

Not really having issues to be fair, attacked them a few more times and won. For some reason the one time I had issue (a retreating army recovered much faster than I expected) the largest stack buggered off beyond Tibet allowing me to take way I needed.

I am happy you told me that the empire and kingdom titles would be destroyed though. That would not be something I’d like to discover after the fact.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12902 on: December 31, 2017, 01:10:24 pm »

I think that also happens if you lose against the Western Protectorate. Not 100% sure though.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12903 on: December 31, 2017, 03:16:29 pm »

One of the requests one can make of the Divine Emperor is to dissolve a large state. That is presumably done through the Protectorate attacking and then destroying all king and emperor level titles, but I haven't gotten around to doing that yet.
Love, scriver~

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12904 on: January 01, 2018, 01:10:19 pm »

Whoever's still playing the British Empire, I don't know what their strategy is holding on to so many duchies:

Harry is set to acquire a new title, and the smart money is on the couple becoming the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Tradition dictates that male members of the royal family receive a title from the monarch on their wedding day, and Sussex happens to be vacant. The last duke was the sixth son of George III back in 1801. Other options include Albany, Clarence, Connaught, Cumberland, Teviotdale and Windsor.

The prince is also set to relinquish his position as fifth-in-line to the throne with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s third child, due in April.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12905 on: January 01, 2018, 07:50:45 pm »

Personally I would make a fatal error in judgement and ruin all the work I put generations into, as I usually do.
Well, it's the historically accurate play.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12906 on: January 02, 2018, 02:29:55 am »

Taking a break from recreating the empire of the white huns (conquering things as Indians is sooooo sloooow), I went through all the trouble of creating the Deccan Empire and renaming it just so I could screen shot a pic of the Kannadan Empire of Descan, only to remember that the Indian cultures dynastise their realm names.

Sigh.
Love, scriver~

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12907 on: January 02, 2018, 07:56:52 am »

Taking a break from recreating the empire of the white huns (conquering things as Indians is sooooo sloooow

yeah, i converted to islam asap for that one.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12908 on: January 02, 2018, 07:59:32 am »

Whoever's still playing the British Empire, I don't know what their strategy is holding on to so many duchies:

Harry is set to acquire a new title, and the smart money is on the couple becoming the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Tradition dictates that male members of the royal family receive a title from the monarch on their wedding day, and Sussex happens to be vacant. The last duke was the sixth son of George III back in 1801. Other options include Albany, Clarence, Connaught, Cumberland, Teviotdale and Windsor.

The prince is also set to relinquish his position as fifth-in-line to the throne with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s third child, due in April.

they're not holding the titles - the titles don't exist anymore. for example nobody has been duke of albany since 1918. in game terms, the titles are going to be created then given out.

really one of the things ck2 needs is more on-wedding events. like your kids are getting married and you don't even give them a present? in lots of cultures, noble children got titles/land/etc when they got married.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12909 on: January 02, 2018, 08:16:36 am »

Yeah, the only "wedding event" is the tithe/prestige event for when you or your heir gets married.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12910 on: January 02, 2018, 11:59:52 am »

they're not holding the titles - the titles don't exist anymore. for example nobody has been duke of albany since 1918. in game terms, the titles are going to be created then given out.
Sure, I guess they're holding off on recreating them because they own the demense and are worried about their vassals complaining at about the liege holding too many titles.

really one of the things ck2 needs is more on-wedding events. like your kids are getting married and you don't even give them a present? in lots of cultures, noble children got titles/land/etc when they got married.
Yeah agreed. Indeed, you usually want to hold off on giving your children titles before they get engaged, as otherwise they can independently choose their own (terrible) spouse. It would make sense if more of them demanded titles or cash.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12911 on: January 02, 2018, 02:09:39 pm »

Well you lose prestige for each unlanded son outside of gavelkind succession. That's kind-of-sort-of a motive to hand out titles. Except all those kingdom titles they're mine.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12912 on: January 02, 2018, 04:43:49 pm »

Yeah I guess 66 years worth of prestige (1267.2 minimum for an empire) is enough to offset a few unlanded grandsons.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12913 on: January 02, 2018, 06:44:17 pm »

Yeah, but back in the day you could basically only get prestige through word of mouth or town criers or what have you.

Now you have social media, twitter, tv, etc. etc. So I assume prestige growth rate is magnified by several thousand factors. The maluses also probably are magnified several thousand factors but I don't think the British royal family have sanctioned any illegal land grabs recently or destroyed any existing titles recently. I think.

Actually, what the hell am I even talking about. If the rate of prestige is magnified, then there's no difference in the actual prestige itself other than there being prestige inflation.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12914 on: January 02, 2018, 08:12:30 pm »

Sure, I guess they're holding off on recreating them because they own the demense and are worried about their vassals complaining at about the liege holding too many titles.

yeah, i don't think Queen Elizabeth II has any duchy level titles at all right now (although she has 16 kingdom-level titles)

Yeah agreed. Indeed, you usually want to hold off on giving your children titles before they get engaged, as otherwise they can independently choose their own (terrible) spouse. It would make sense if more of them demanded titles or cash.

yeah, or artifacts or anything
Pages: 1 ... 859 860 [861] 862 863 ... 1002