Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 858 859 [860] 861 862 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2095058 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12885 on: December 10, 2017, 10:01:50 am »

I know Paranoid makes it likely to have doubt about the pregnancy, I'm asking specifically about the guilt trip response from the spouse.

And having the heir be of your own bloodline is it's own value for me.

Lastly: Is there any other way to become a cannibal than from secluding yourself during epidemics? Because I've been playing in Tibet a lot lately (had to start over several times) and thought I'd the the Bön Appetit thing while I'm here, but the Tibetian Mountains never ever seem to suffer from epidemics. Like ever. No seclusion. Or maybe it's because it's so secluded to begin with. Oh, gotta go now. Have to kick out the Chinese again.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12886 on: December 10, 2017, 10:05:17 am »

Don’t you get an option to close the gates ‘cause you’re paranoid?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12887 on: December 10, 2017, 10:23:46 am »

Maybe the Tibetans can't close the gates.

Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12888 on: December 10, 2017, 02:54:47 pm »

It can happen anyway, and paranoid makes it exceptionally likely. That said, unless you want to pass on traits like strong or genius, or are roleplaying, it's usually not worth confronting her because an heir is an heir.
inb4 500 years later in an EU4 game a monarchy discovers their King descends from Queen Isold du Valois & Tom the Blacksmith

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #12889 on: December 11, 2017, 04:29:26 am »

Paranoid is a great trait for the character. Even paranoid people with almost non-existent intrigue can be difficult to kill.

Speaking of, anyone here does a trick where you invite a courtier with small or no dynasty, but with a lot of money? So, when you invite them, you give them baronies under your counties and plot to kill them. When they're dead, you get their money. Or the other man from their dynasty inherits the barony and becomes a vassal, then you kill him.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12890 on: December 11, 2017, 06:17:02 am »

Lastly: Is there any other way to become a cannibal than from secluding yourself during epidemics?

WoL Carousing and eat your guest.  Think you need Lunatic, Possessed or Impaler if memory serves, and more likely if you are Gluttonous.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #12891 on: December 11, 2017, 10:12:10 am »

Speaking of, anyone here does a trick where you invite a courtier with small or no dynasty, but with a lot of money? So, when you invite them, you give them baronies under your counties and plot to kill them. When they're dead, you get their money. Or the other man from their dynasty inherits the barony and becomes a vassal, then you kill him.

I've done it before. Once I made the mistake of giving them a county because I had no free baronies. Before I killed them they had declared war on another vassal and spent all their money on mercenaries.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12892 on: December 11, 2017, 04:11:35 pm »

Rather than spending money on promoting a someone when I need a decent commander, I do a search of every man in the world who is willing to join my court and order it by military prowess. If you've got a reasonable diplomatic range, you can easily get a few 15-20 rank commanders this way.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12893 on: December 11, 2017, 05:07:50 pm »

If you sort by Ruler = No, Diplo Range = Yes (and Men if you're stuck in early gender laws) you can also perhaps get higher martial (or steward or diplomat) stats if you keep an eye out for the "Will join court if you send a gift" marker. 15 gold for a guarantee'd martial is better than the crapshoot of the intrigue decision, and you can get upwards of 20-25 martial this way; I only use the decision if I want to get some new counts and dukes who will have *some* martial to handle new areas I conquer, and who are my religion/culture.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12894 on: December 11, 2017, 07:16:25 pm »

I usually opt to fill most of my council with lords and bishops because my vassals liking me and giving me money is more important than having the best steward, spymaster etc. in most cases.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12895 on: December 11, 2017, 07:59:53 pm »

Huh, I didn't know about the 22 cap. And yeah, I always want to have a good chancellor because they're the best way of swaying someone to your side and one of the main drivers for expanding the realm through fabricating claims.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12896 on: December 16, 2017, 11:05:04 pm »

Huh, I didn't know about the 22 cap. And yeah, I always want to have a good chancellor because they're the best way of swaying someone to your side and one of the main drivers for expanding the realm through fabricating claims.

Yup...always been that way I think. There are of course still personal benefits so if it's your character it's not bad to have more.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12897 on: December 31, 2017, 01:01:06 am »

Some advice, I s'pose.

I'm trying to get all of India. I have the two of the three empire titles (Rajastan and Bengal) but the third title, and all of southern India, is occupied by the Western Protectorate.

Spoiler: longish story (click to show/hide)

I don't particularly want to fight them a thousand times for the remaining land, which is a bloody lot. This is compounded by my constantly 100% threat, 'cause why not attack when I can win. Slightly unfair that the Western Protectorate is part of defensive pacts against me when they get their army numbers boosted by the dragon throne every 20 minutes...

I have flirted with the idea of invading China via hostile actions, though I'm not sure that's a good idea since holyshit75%dropthat'salot in levy reinforcement rate.

Anyhow, what would you guys do?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12898 on: December 31, 2017, 01:05:02 am »

Personally I would make a fatal error in judgement and ruin all the work I put generations into, as I usually do.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12899 on: December 31, 2017, 02:33:49 am »

The Western Protectorate is best fought when China is in s one kind of crisis.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 858 859 [860] 861 862 ... 1002