Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 822 823 [824] 825 826 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091988 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12345 on: July 31, 2017, 07:02:24 pm »

Just putting it out there that I 'reincarnated' my first customized character 3 times.  On the 4th I got bored and hopped into the game as several different places, granting freedom, transferring vassals, and swearing fealty so as to make relatively nice looking borders and weaken the strongest people by making them weaker.

Like I took jerusalum back from Byzantine.  Then I released sicily and germany.  I unified ireland into 1 or two tribes, and I gave the turkish band (orthodox mercs who already owned land in the middle of arabia) more land.  then I left Shia syria in and unified ethiopia.

I exported this 950ad game to euIV.  which Ive owned for a while but never got around to learning.
Unfortunately, I didnt realize you needed a dlc to improve locations.  Meaning that the shitty little hole in the wall tribal villages of the north are always going to be shitty 2-1-3 places that cant even support the initial 4 forts they get.  10 gold a year, 6 from trade, and no real way to support themselves.

But,  an interesting enough spread of power.

Rus is to the east of my lithuania, which is surrounded by the horse lords of khazaria, galich that took crimea, monsterfuck bohemia that swallowed serbia, croatia, hungary, and poland, weak germany and bavaria, france proper, and danmark that owns 70% of Scandinavia

A very interesting spread of powers for the euIV game.
And a very interesting atmosphere for CKII.  A lot of blobing has happened.  bohemia came at me with 14k soldiers.  I used 1k piety that was going to go to reforming my religion into defending my gnezio.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12346 on: July 31, 2017, 07:45:12 pm »

Development is still possible in EU4 though random events, but yeah you need the Common Sense DLC to do it manually.

Which is great because westernization is now done via development, DLC or not.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12347 on: July 31, 2017, 11:53:24 pm »

Doesn't the AI always have common sense too?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12348 on: August 01, 2017, 03:34:33 pm »

Why do people keep thinking that? They don't.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12349 on: August 01, 2017, 03:47:16 pm »

For fun, I decided to fire up the 769 bookmark, put the game on Observer, and let it run. It's currently 1179 and I'm not entirely sure what hell I hath wrought.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 03:49:05 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12350 on: August 01, 2017, 03:51:02 pm »

Why do people keep thinking that? They don't.

Probably because you don't see why/how the AI develops provinces.  It could be events, manually, or whatever.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12351 on: August 01, 2017, 03:54:33 pm »

It's always Ramadan in Ramadan

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12352 on: August 01, 2017, 03:55:08 pm »

For fun, I decided to fire up the 769 bookmark, put the game on Observer, and let it run. It's currently 1179 and I'm not entirely sure what hell I hath wrought.

At least Lapland seem to be thriving, for now.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12353 on: August 01, 2017, 04:12:59 pm »

I think Lapland is called Sapmi when the Sami rules it, though, so they're probably not feeling so fresh after all.

I like the Byzantine-flated baloon down around Persia.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12354 on: August 01, 2017, 04:44:49 pm »

Alba is the Scots Gaelic word for Scotland. I do believe (perhaps erroneously) the word Albion - of King Arthur fame, referring to the entirety of Great Britain - derives from it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12355 on: August 01, 2017, 05:28:21 pm »

Alba is the Scots Gaelic word for Scotland. I do believe (perhaps erroneously) the word Albion - of King Arthur fame, referring to the entirety of Great Britain - derives from it.
Probably the other way around
Location of the British island of Albion
(European Map I)
§1. The northern coast of the British Island of Albion lies next to the Hyperborean Sea, being called by the name Duecaledonium, it has the outline thus;

Ptolemy's Geography
Seems that all the Brytonnic peoples of the British Isles called it Albion until the subsequent Roman conquest, after which the Brytonnic language split into Cornish, Welsh, Cumbric and Breton. During this divergence the Scottish gaelic became Alba while the Romans and various germanic invaders latinized and anglicized Albion further, and then the medieval peeps decided to use Alba to describe Scotland instead of Alba to describe Britain, causing Alba and Albion to become separate in meaning
To make things more confusing the French sometimes used Albion to refer to just England

Possibly derives from a tribe called the Albiones
I dunno

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12356 on: August 01, 2017, 05:45:52 pm »

Do you know what this game needs?  There should be like a "crown integrity" stat, which can go down with internal turmoil, representing how much people believe the kingdom/empire actually exists as opposed to warring factions within that kingdom.  Events can be bring it down to a certain minimum, but a civil war is the main way to reduce the crown integrity in which case it goes down constantly regardless of whether its below the minimum or even below 0.  If a civil war ends in white peace after the crown integrity stat drops below 0, the revolt leaders become independent and minor rebels can choose who to join up with.  Essentially there's effectively no king, so everyone goes off and makes their own kingdom which officially is the "real" kingdom, but until one of them manages to actually hold it, its just one of several claimant factions.  Oh, and if crown integrity is below 0, non-dejure lands and/or those not connected to the capital will have much more rapid ticking warscore and raised morale.  Plus having those lands should reduce the maximum crown integrity.  If Ireland holds Aquitaine and Jerusalem, damn straight there's going to be powerful and independent rulers and people are going to start to question if the Irish crown really has any power here...

...this was just an extended complaint about inevitable deathballing if you couldn't tell.  Whenever *I* observe AI only games it pretty quickly turns into 2-5 deathballs swallowing everything.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12357 on: August 01, 2017, 05:48:38 pm »

Isn't crown integrity the same as crown authority

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12358 on: August 01, 2017, 06:50:11 pm »

Yeah, kind of, but Crown Authority isn't very what EH said he wanted from it.
Love, scriver~

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12359 on: August 01, 2017, 09:06:41 pm »

I am giggling like a schoolgirl right now.

Helga went insane, put Glitterhoof on the council. Funny. Then I noticed I could plot to assassinate my own horse, so I did. Hilarious. Then my co-conspirators, which were basically the whole court, came up with the least plausible way for a horse to die possible. GENIUS. And then I failed, and my horse somehow managed to not only capture the carpenter who did the deed, but torture the poor fucker, who knows how, and then call me out for trying to kill her.

Glitterhoof may be the most devious opponent in Crusader Kings. What demon allowed a horse to be so cunning?!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 822 823 [824] 825 826 ... 1002