Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092075 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12315 on: July 23, 2017, 10:49:26 am »

That would be about when they made grand hunts dependable on the hunting focus.
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12316 on: July 23, 2017, 10:54:02 am »

the game has a nasty tendency to pile on the haalth maluses.

got a headache?  now youre depressed!
kicking too much ass in war?  war is def more dangerous now.  but cancer for you.

when is the last time you guys went on a grand hunt?

I go a lot on Grand Hunts because I often select hunting focus for the health bonus.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12317 on: July 23, 2017, 11:19:24 am »

the game has a nasty tendency to pile on the haalth maluses.

got a headache?  now youre depressed!
kicking too much ass in war?  war is def more dangerous now.  but cancer for you.

when is the last time you guys went on a grand hunt? 
I think it may be just your processor (since rngs tend to use it to generate numbers) hating you. I rarely have such issues.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12318 on: July 23, 2017, 11:47:44 am »

bah why can't i have a nice sucession from great-foregenators to son?

how do these emporers even get the great pox?  is he licking castle dungeon walls?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12319 on: July 23, 2017, 01:38:31 pm »

how do these emporers even get the great pox?  is he licking castle dungeon walls?
Great pox is syphilis. How do you think he's getting it?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12320 on: July 23, 2017, 02:32:25 pm »

well i for one almost never approve extramarital activities.  and never cheat on mah wifies.  i prefer chaste to lustful, dont take seduction focus at all, and while i will take cannibal for the funzies its so rare to have...

i would like to think i have ar least control over where ny avatars dick goes
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12321 on: July 23, 2017, 02:34:42 pm »

Your wife could have syphilis and be completely asymptomatic.  There'd be no way to know in the medieval times.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12322 on: July 23, 2017, 04:25:12 pm »

well i for one almost never approve extramarital activities.  and never cheat on mah wifies.  i prefer chaste to lustful, dont take seduction focus at all, and while i will take cannibal for the funzies its so rare to have...

i would like to think i have ar least control over where ny avatars dick goes
You sound like a character from House trying to justify how they got an STD.

In this case, CK2 also allows for Great Pox to spread genetically. So that could also be a reason.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12323 on: July 24, 2017, 07:41:53 pm »

In my last achievement game, bringing Christianity to an Indian kingdom, I started as Socotra. A few decades later, I had Kutch. Then I took the Messalian heresy, lost Kutch to a peasant rebellion literally the same day as I de-jured a county on the mainland, the Kingdom of Gujarat exploded into three different peasant rebellions of Jain, Jain, and Messalian, and eventually I managed to mop that up and take all the provinces of Gujarat. Then I got bored.

You wanna know why I got bored?

Abbasid Empire turned Messalian. The *entire* empire. There are no muslims left in the empire. There's barely any muslims left on the map, one Sunni duke.

Messalian is the largest single religion in the game, beating Catholic and Hindu.

And the Shiite uprising had won Syria, but somehow not only turned Messalian too, but also turned Syria into a theocracy (I can only assume the Muslim leader who turned Messalian had a mosque as his capital?) King Bishop and everything.

I went into this game thinking I'd be pressed against the wall for the entire game, and instead, I have the single largest empire at my back for any holy war declared on me. (Might be why I never really had a holy war declared on me...)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12324 on: July 24, 2017, 08:07:48 pm »

-snip-
You are probably better off disabling secret cults in the rules for now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12325 on: July 24, 2017, 11:15:20 pm »

I honestly meant to write that, "and that's why my next game as the Abbasids in 1066, I disabled secret cults. And also lowered peasant revolts."

(Seriously I was regularly getting 15-20k stacks as a duchy; I buffed them up WAY too high in the options.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12326 on: July 25, 2017, 10:37:23 am »

Why does playing as the Roman Emperor have to be so... annoying? It feels like every ten minutes my vassals revolt demanding that I let them declare internal wars or give them more council power (and bluntly, anyone who thinks that having a say on who the emperor grants titles to and revokes titles from is a good idea can go get blinded and castrated.) Eventually, I had to create the Exarchy of Anatolia just to keep the Anatolians in line, because I would make the mistake of giving women or gay people themes and come back ten years later to a vassal who hates me because my face was chopped off and my eyes gouged out after I caught syphilis.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12327 on: July 25, 2017, 11:26:43 am »

Abbasid Empire turned Messalian. The *entire* empire. There are no muslims left in the empire. There's barely any muslims left on the map, one Sunni duke.
Messalian is the largest single religion in the game, beating Catholic and Hindu.
And the Shiite uprising had won Syria, but somehow not only turned Messalian too, but also turned Syria into a theocracy (I can only assume the Muslim leader who turned Messalian had a mosque as his capital?) King Bishop and everything.
I went into this game thinking I'd be pressed against the wall for the entire game, and instead, I have the single largest empire at my back for any holy war declared on me. (Might be why I never really had a holy war declared on me...)
Dude where's my Caliphate

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12328 on: July 26, 2017, 03:58:20 pm »

So I decided to do a Muslim Persia run because I'm not confident enough to go full Ahura Mazda yet. Guess what happens less than 100 years into the game? Yup, more secret cult follery, the Abbasids flipped to Zoroastrian. I was the flipping Court Imam, I spent my life burning apostates, distributing leashes and issuing haddiths for that clown of a caliph, and out of nowhere he turns Zoro on me, wtf?

At least now I know that if I really want to do a Zoro Persia run now is the time. I didn't believe the situation was that bad.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12329 on: July 26, 2017, 04:00:17 pm »

The worst part is that the few times *I've* tried to use a secret religious cult to get an empire to flip faith, the bloody thing didn't work right! Nobody would flip, I couldn't give people missions, and it went nowhere.

Then *another* secret cult flipped the Iconoclast emperor fucking Catholic. You'd think an orthodox cult would have an easier go of it, eh?
Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 1002