Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 814 815 [816] 817 818 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092351 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12225 on: May 25, 2017, 12:04:58 am »

My current campaign goal was to create a Merchant republic in what is now Belgium and play it without expanding. I started as the count of Liège, then expanded until I own the Duchy of Luxemburg, Flanders and Brabant. At that point I took the decision to grab the Australasia title rather than go indie and create a new Kingdom title, which I now regreat a bit.

Wait, why Australasia?  Isn't there a Frisia title that covers Flanders and Brabant?

I assume you mean Austrasia, haha.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12226 on: May 25, 2017, 06:17:45 am »

Luxemburg was part of it, so I stayed within the Kingdom. Flanders i France, Brabant and Luxemburg are de jure Austrasia (Lasia? Lalasia?).

I'm split on the best way to re-gain the rest of Belgium. Maybe I'll go for independence and wait for the Aztec to smash Australiasia and pick up th epieces.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12227 on: May 25, 2017, 04:54:53 pm »

Seven Kingdoms: Age of Petty Kings mod is released.  They still have a few features missing in their custom tribal and temple buildings, and the title finder causes crashes due to needing to reallocate regions, but the mod does run.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12228 on: May 25, 2017, 09:38:45 pm »

I've been working on religion modding, and while I've actually got the religion in, the name is still a bit odd. Anybody know how to set Holy Sites? There's something floating around about using landed_titles.txt, but having messed with that and tested it, it didn't get me anywhere.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12229 on: May 25, 2017, 10:13:00 pm »

I've been working on religion modding, and while I've actually got the religion in, the name is still a bit odd. Anybody know how to set Holy Sites? There's something floating around about using landed_titles.txt, but having messed with that and tested it, it didn't get me anywhere.
You need to set it on the barony title itself via holy_site = <religion_name>
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12230 on: May 27, 2017, 09:59:56 am »

First time playing in a while. The British Isles got interesting.

Nomadic Welsh Heretics ruling in Ireland. Admittedly, the land used to be my tribal vassal but since the ruler died without a castle or something, it became a horde. Completely logical, of course. Shame it didn't survive the Aztecs. Speaking of which...

Hungrarian Christian Child-Emperor of the Aztecs, currently ruling from Scotland. He currently holds most of France, the Iberian Peninsula, half of Germany and the British Isles. Also, Germany is ruled by the Italian Empire.

Mod is CK2+
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12231 on: May 29, 2017, 02:06:23 pm »

I'm hacking together a little mod to add some more music when playing in the Middle East. I want to set it so that these songs play whenever you're playing as a character of the Arabic or Iranian culture groups, as well as Turkish specifically. How would I go about doing this?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12232 on: June 01, 2017, 04:08:58 am »

I'm hacking together a little mod to add some more music when playing in the Middle East. I want to set it so that these songs play whenever you're playing as a character of the Arabic or Iranian culture groups, as well as Turkish specifically. How would I go about doing this?

The wiki outlines how to do music per culture pretty well

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12233 on: June 01, 2017, 12:45:57 pm »

The wiki outlines how to do music per culture pretty well
tl;dr: rtfm

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12234 on: June 05, 2017, 05:52:12 pm »

So I just had a look around in my current Charlemagne Start game, and it seems the Miaphysites, who usually gets pummeled to pulp and back, is getting their revenge this play through. In Spain, the dynasty that starts in control got overthrown by faction demand, and it seems the current ruler sequently was convinced to convert by his Miaphysite wife. He has already started converting the Andalusian provinces. Meanwhile, in Egypt, the head of the Abbassid dynasty and ruler of the great Arabic Empire has also gotten it in his head, for reasons I can't find but i guess it could be through the religion in his capital province or secret society influence, to convert to Miaphysitism. A bunch of places has revolted, but he still remains in control of most of it.

And for some reason there is a thriving community of Cathar heretics in Aragon.
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12235 on: June 06, 2017, 05:48:04 am »

Secret religious cults as of right now are currently broken, and convert people way too frequently due to exponential growth in size.

Are they that effective? I created a secret catholic cult in the Aztec Empire, and it was a drudge to keep it up and running, let alone exponentially increase. In the end I managed to convert the heir of the Empire, but even then the Society of Jesus only had ~6 members, all but one of which had been inducted by my characters.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12236 on: June 06, 2017, 05:57:13 am »

Secret religious cults as of right now are currently broken, and convert people way too frequently due to exponential growth in size.

Are they that effective? I created a secret catholic cult in the Aztec Empire, and it was a drudge to keep it up and running, let alone exponentially increase. In the end I managed to convert the heir of the Empire, but even then the Society of Jesus only had ~6 members, all but one of which had been inducted by my characters.
I think the decision to convert someone has about 75% chance of success currently.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12237 on: June 06, 2017, 06:07:57 am »

Yeah, but you need to convert then induct for the exponential growth. Given that of the two persons in my society that weren't inducted by myself, both were courtier with low to middling dip and one very old, the AI ain't very good at this.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12238 on: June 12, 2017, 02:50:25 pm »

So I'm trying to holy war this Romuva guy, and for some goddamn reason he got two bursts of 2k troops each soon after I declared.  I know there's the tribal army thing, but this can't be that as neither of those bursts cost him anything when, if it was a tribal army, it should have cost him 500 prestige each (notably, when I declared, he only had 100 prestige and it has not gone down an inch.)

The hell's going on?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12239 on: June 12, 2017, 02:56:47 pm »

I'm thinking there might be a piety thing for holy wars, since similar things happened to me before with the West African religion.

Could also be the event "troops flock to your banner" or whatever it's called.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 814 815 [816] 817 818 ... 1002